X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    The tributes this year are cause of 25 year anniversary. They are pretty much giving them to anyone who had something to do with the raptors over that time. When we played sacremento CoJo and Dougie Christie got one from the announcers booth (Both deserving btw). Weirdly enough i don't think they gave one to 2pat.

So yea when we play spurs they probably going to give them to Deboo, Carroll, Gay, Poetle and Bellinilli. Hopefully the carroll,gay poetle and bellinilli all get lumped into one.
    Year of the Tributes...Should only show them if Raptors are kicking the Tributees teams ass...

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The tributes this year are cause of 25 year anniversary. They are pretty much giving them to anyone who had something to do with the raptors over that time. When we played sacremento CoJo and Dougie Christie got one from the announcers booth (Both deserving btw). Weirdly enough i don't think they gave one to 2pat.

So yea when we play spurs they probably going to give them to Deboo, Carroll, Gay, Poetle and Bellinilli. Hopefully the carroll,gay poetle and bellinilli all get lumped into one.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Sorry, PH7 means what? Got in PH7 = neutral

I also came across this in an article on this game

I question why raptors event entertainment people would do a video tribute for Lou given it's been 4 years since he played here. Haven't they already done something for him? Did they do one for Patrick Patterson too? Does that mean when the Spurs are here, fans can expect 5 video tributes? Man, it just seems too much 'tributing'. Am I off-base here?
    Not at all.

Here's your tribute - millions of people watched you on TV, bought your merch, cheered for you all year long, and your employer paid you millions of dollars to play a ball sport in a pair of shorts and gym shoes. How's that for a tribute.

Once you do a video for everybody, they don't mean much anymore. I mean Lou was a bench player for one year. He played 25 minutes a night and started zero games. He got a tribute video? Stop the madness!

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

So your PH7 on Vince ?
    Sorry, PH7 means what? Got in PH7 = neutral

I also came across this in an article on this game
    Lou Williams, a former Raptor who received his own, much smaller video tribute Wednesday.
    I question why raptors event entertainment people would do a video tribute for Lou given it's been 4 years since he played here. Haven't they already done something for him? Did they do one for Patrick Patterson too? Does that mean when the Spurs are here, fans can expect 5 video tributes? Man, it just seems too much 'tributing'. Am I off-base here?
    Last edited by Zak24gege; Fri Dec 13, 2019, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Yup, no issues with those that still have his poster on the wall
    But you know where I stand on him; traitorous soft prima donna who sold out this city, this team and his teammates. Set this franchise back years by finally forcing a shitty trade. Great player for a short while who deserves absolutely nothing in this city now .... his legacy is shat.

ymmv lol
    So your PH7 on Vince ?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

You know where I stand when it comes to Vince. He's the 2nd greatest player in franchise history. Second behind Kawhi obviously. I'm not changing my opinion man.
    Yup, no issues with those that still have his poster on the wall
    But you know where I stand on him; traitorous soft prima donna who sold out this city, this team and his teammates. Set this franchise back years by finally forcing a shitty trade. Great player for a short while who deserves absolutely nothing in this city now .... his legacy is shat.

ymmv lol

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    A twenty (20) page game thread.
    Raptor hating Heels back on line.

RR is back bayybeeee.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Every year has it's adversity point where fans begin to question the team. Last year we hit our at around the same time. That game in S.A was new years day i believe. we got blown out and suddenly big question emerged. Does this team have it? is Kawhi sitting out too much? Can we win the big game? Can Kyle and Kawhi even play together?
    We turned around and came out with a huge win in Milwuakee and the ship began to right itself. It's not whether you fail. It's how you respond. We have a stretch with some bad teams and a couple decent ones. They can start building momentum now by responding and stringing some wins together. Our next big chance at a statement game is hosting the celtics on Christmas day
    Last edited by bertarapsfan; Thu Dec 12, 2019, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

from William Lou but damn that plus minus and those FG% look disgusting
    Lowry and Ibaka's FG%, lol. Butt fugly

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    lol... wtf???

I’d love to know more about specifically why he chose that... ha
    My guess would be all the people in S.A, those who doubted his load management, people who refused to put him in the top 3 players list. The media automatically sided with S.A when he was still there. Theirs this weird mythical aura around the spurs that they can do know wrong. I think this year we are seeing the emperor standing naked, maybe having one of the era best players, being replaced by the greatest PF of all time and then falling into another hall of famer was the shiny clothes covering what was under neath? Pops done alot of great things but maybe playing 1990s mid range ball with shit defense, when the entire league is moving away from that isn't the best idea.

Leave a comment:

• suspenders
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    lol... wtf???

Maybe it's towards Pop?

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    lol... wtf???

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

from William Lou but damn that plus minus and those FG% look disgusting
    What is the point in pulling sample size of a slumping game stretch? We know. You can pick out 5 games at some point and make anyone look bad

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I think in the case of Davis we are somewhat Raptor myo centric in hailing him as a ROY class player. Around the league there are a number of talented first year players making significant contributions to their respective teams. Sure guys like Morant, Barrett and Hunter get lots of PT as high draft picks on weak teams, but the Sixers Thybulle and Miami's Robinson and Nunn are all starting for two of the East's top teams.
    Nobody called Davis a ROY candidate or better than Miami's duo. The point was that if Masai & Tolzman can find NBA rotation talent without even using the draft, then they probably don't need to overtly tank to draft top 5. That said, I'd bet with more minutes & USG, Davis could put up the same raw numbers as Nunn and Herro, since they really aren't all that efficient. Davis blows them away, in fact. But we'll never know, since TD2 will never get the opportunity in his rookie year.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think pinning our hopes on 2021 free agency (if that is what Masai intends) is a mistake. We just lost Kawhi **after winning the championship**, 25 years of history tells us free agency is not a viable path for acquiring talent here in Canada.

So I don't have a problem with Masai moving Serge or Marc in retooling type moves. I would like to see Kyle retire a Raptor, but after we dealt DeMar I will understand if Masai sees a similar trade that is good for the franchise.

And I do think that Masai might actually surprise us by trying to make another Kawhi type trade for a star. Like maybe Bradley Beal gets fed up with the tank and asks out. Anything could happen.

I don't know if Beal improves our playoff chances all that much event if he could be traded this season. He's no where near Kawhi's level as a player and I don't know enough about his character to feel that he would handle being traded somewhere he didn't ask to be in as professional manner as Kawhi.

I'd rather that Masai use assets with a focus on drafting the next Raptors superstar. Scouting and drafting has been one of the most successful part of their program.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X