Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going to the Best Center in Five years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    regardless, i disagree. drummond is nearly 1.5 years younger than JV. sure, a couple of matchups between them had drummond falling for JV's only move, the coveted and amazing pump fake. JV's indecisive and slow release midrange shot has also been slumping as the years have gone by.

and who knows how JV would actually do in the playoffs since he really didn't have any meaningful matchups vs brooklyn.
    But were talking about 5 years from now, I'm sure he'll develop his all around game by then

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Drummond is the only center in the entire NBA who bites on JV pump fakes.

I'm going with Cousins, guy is poorly surrounded.
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

I like Embiid in five years...I think mainly because he reminds me so much of Hakeem.

JV is going to be a solid to very good centre for a lot of years, Joel has a chance to be special
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

This year will tell a lot about where JV will be in comparison to other centres. I am expecting a much stronger and decisive JV who has improve his offensive game and speed.

Comment

Anthony Davis is Going to the the best player in the league in 5 years but he's not a Center
            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
              actually Noguiera's best case scenario player comparison is Joakim Noah..who probably should have been listed in the poll as one of the best Centers in the league...would love to see Bebe become Noah 2.0
              Noah will be 34 in 5 years he probably won't be as good as these guys
              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                How can you guys out Drummond first? I'd much rather have a 5 year in the future JV. Drummond can't shoot, doesn't look like he will develop any post moves compared to JV, he looks like he'll get outplayed by fundamental big guys in the playoffs. Not comparing JV and Drummond to Ibaka and Duncan, but Duncan absolutely dominated late game 6. Now imagine Ibaka as Drummond, with no shooting. Fundamentals > Athleticism.

By the way we already see glimpses of JV out playing Drummond when they are one on one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                No, imagine Drummond as Dwight, not Ibaka.
                @Boymusic66

Comment

Cousins is my pick ... already so dominant, and still so young.

A second tier is JV-Drummond-Vucevic
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                    Anthony Davis is Going to the the best player in the league in 5 years but he's not a Center
                    Hmm I think I'd heard of some guy named Kevin Durant that won the MVP this year and will be in his prime in 5 years....

Comment

Jahlil Okafor is my "other" vote. From this list, Boogie. JV in the convo

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Hard to predict their future progress but there is a crop of talented centers about to hit NCAA hoops this coming year: Jahlil Okafor, Myles Turner and Karl Towns.
                        I could see both Okafor and Towns playing PF, you? Both could be elite combo bigs for sure.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                          I could see both Okafor and Towns playing PF, you? Both could be elite combo bigs for sure.
                          Lots of college Centers but no Embid type. 2015 isn't a great draft and shallow.

Comment

Porzingus was slated to go #14-15 in 2014.He's expected to go top #4-6 2015

Comment

Voted for Jonas because he's a Raptor. Can't wait to see his progress esp after working with Hakeem and playing in the FIBA worlds.

Boogie Cousins so far is the best among the young bigs. He's already dominant inside. He has a shitty team, which I believe is the reason for his attitude problems. Although I applauded him for standing up to CP3 who flops his way.

Drummond has the highest potential, but unless he actually works on his offense, he's just gonna be the next Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan who are solid centres but never the dominant force that they could have been.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                I think it's Drummond. The guy will average 15 boards in the next 2-3 years. I love JV but it doesn't seem like he's gonna be the centerpiece to our team like AD is for Detroit. Plus, once Wiggins joins us by then he'll be MVP status, so that'll cut down on his shot attempts. :-)
                                I honestly don't think drummond will beat out cousins over time.

I remember when david lee averaged 100 rebounds a game on the knicks too. if you play on a crappy team, and you average 10+ rbds per game, it doesn't mean as much as averaging a double double on a winning team. Who knows how many rebounds, or points he scored just because someone had to score them, or no where else cared who got the rebounds.

Im not saying drummond will be average like Lee over time, far from it, but I think that if the raps play playoff ball every year for the next 5 years, and drummond plays his first several on the pistons, JV becomes the better player.

As for cousins, I think he's just better (passer, IQ, etc.) but that's up for debate of course

Comment

Working...
                                X