Everything Bobby Webster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Bobby Webster

I guess it's time for this. I tried the search function and couldn't find an existing thread.

MUST READ: Searching for Bobby Webster

https://theathletic.com/1436139/2019...s-win-a-title/

Hard to believe that Toronto has Ujiri and Webster in the same front office.

Blessed.

Too early for this thread. Masai ain't going nowhere. Let's not even think that's possible.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Too early for this thread. Masai ain't going nowhere. Let's not even think that's possible.
      Hey man, we had an everything Bruno thread before he learned how to speak English. It's never too early

I have no idea how much responsibility actually falls on Bobby's shoulders, but I just hope that Masai's succession plan is well into place. Whether it's 2021 or sometime farther into the future, Masai won't be in Toronto forever.

Comment

maybe Bobby Webster will be the one who will leave
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Bobby's very deserving of his own thread, and that has nothing to do with Masai's future, one way or the other.

Bobby's still our present day, Championship-winning GM. Some repsect for the man, please. lol

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Bobby's very deserving of his own thread, and that has nothing to do with Masai's future, one way or the other.

Bobby's still our present day, Championship-winning GM. Some repsect for the man, please. lol
            Ok, then how about if we start pumping up Bobby Webster as the real brains behind Masai and trade him to the Knicks for: RJ Barrett, Mitch Robinson and 4 unprotected first-rounders. Dolan would fall for that, right?

Comment

Bobby was the guy on the phone in those later hours during summer camp where he got us Kawhi and Danny for DeMar and Poeltl. So yeah, he deserves kudos for that.

Tolzman was the guy that scouted Fred, Pascal and Norm. Without those guys maybe we don't have the depth to win it all.

It's not just Masai, it's a team.. but Masai was the guy who put the team together and spelled out his vision. And it doesn't always work out when they leave. Weltman was Masai's right hand man and has not really made any sort of tangible impact in Orlando yet.

I hope if Masai ever leaves, we don't leave the organization in Bobby's hands. I hope MLSE gets a capable president to replace him. A true leader. Bobby may not be one and that's okay. He doesn't have to be right. Not everyone can lead. And a really bad mistake is promoting a guy into a leadership role that can't lead. Yet it happens a lot.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                I guess it's time for this. I tried the search function and couldn't find an existing thread.

MUST READ: Searching for Bobby Webster

https://theathletic.com/1436139/2019...s-win-a-title/

Hard to believe that Toronto has Ujiri and Webster in the same front office.

Blessed.
                I was just going to start a thread … It seems Bobby Webster gets no props for anything good that is happening to the Raptors .. I wonder what his mind set is for this market .. He does good things but I bet some Raptor fans don't even know he is the GM .

Comment

That's partially on the Raps front office or ownership or else the way Webster wants it. Put him front and centre for a few interviews or a weekly radio call-in show if they/he wants more exposure. Agreed he's doing a great job

Comment

That article goes into all that. Webster prefers to be out of the spotlight. Pretty ideal set-up for him right now. Question will be whether he ends up wanting a bigger role (top dog) at some point, and if the timing of that coincides with whenever Masai does decide to do something else or go somewhere else.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post

I was just going to start a thread … It seems Bobby Webster gets no props for anything good that is happening to the Raptors .. I wonder what his mind set is for this market .. He does good things but I bet some Raptor fans don't even know he is the GM .
                      He is the GM. I have no reason to believe that Masai is still in there taking care of all the details of the General Managers role. I believe that Bobby is truly an active General Manager. If the article is accurate, he has all the knowledge and skills to be a top GM in the league and, based on results, he is one. Unless people think that Nurse consults with Masai on everything and it's actually Masai on the phone working out trade deals, there is no reason to diminish Websters role. And before I believed Masai was running the show from some secret control center, I would want to see some proof.

Comment

What if all this recent subtle Bobby Webster promotion is because masai is going to leave and Webster will be the new face of the Raptors?
                        /tinfoilhat
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

From the front page, for those who don't wish to go there:

The Toronto Raptors announced Thursday that they’ve signed general manager Bobby Webster to a multi-year contract extension.
                          Masai: "I think everyone knows what Bobby brings to our organization: intelligence, poise, and creativity. I’m very pleased that our team will continue to benefit from his many skills for seasons to come.”

— Blake Murphy (@BlakeMurphyODC) February 4, 2021

That locks in Webster and head coach Nick Nurse for the foreseeable future. Now, the attention naturally shifts to team president Masai Ujiri. Discussions are ongoing. Raptors president Masai Ujiri has entered the final year of his contract without agreeing to a new deal — which isn’t that uncommon at management level. There’s certainly expected to be more conversation with team ownership on Ujiri’s future there. https://t.co/ZBople1RWl

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 4, 2021

Whatever’s next with Ujiri, this is a good day for the long-term stability of the organization. Either Ujiri has his lieutenants in place and can now focus on his own deal, or a succession plan is firmly in place.

Comment

We're in good hands. Keep up the great work Bobby.

Comment

I’m so glad we were able to Bobby, he was instrumental on building what we have today. Next domino to fall is Masai’s contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X