Game #25: Brooklyn Nets 102 - Toronto Raptors 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    That 1st half from Siakam is exactly what we need to see from his mix of offense. He drove to the basket and hit a couple 3s early. Then took it to the rim a few more times. They ran that play where McCaw pitched him the ball while Pascal gained speed from half court. The Nets were playing the drive so pascal just hits the dribble and puts up a mid range jumper.
    After that Brooklyn had no clue what to do with him. Play him tight, he blows by, Sag off he pull up for 3 or dribbles into lane and takes the midrange.
    People have been complaining that Pascal should only post up/drive but that half showed exactly how dangerous he can be. And the 3/mid range is what brings his game together.
    Has anyone been complaining about Pascal taking jumpers at all? Of late the issue has been just how many of his shots were coming as pull up jumpers, with almost none of his usual attacking of the rim. The jumpers work great as a counter. If they are the entirety of your offensive game you won't find much success unless you are a sharpshooter, which Pascal is not yet.

Pascal needs his drive threat established to bend the defence the way you describe there - defences will completely sell out on one action if you punish them early for not selling out. Settle for jumpers early before they prove they can slow down your drive and you just get jumpers all game.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, something’s off here. ESPN, NBA.com and BBref are all showing 7 ft. But Blake Murphy reported 6-10, which seems correct.
      When those "true" measurements came out there were a whole whack of results that made little sense to most. I've just been assuming they are equally as unreliable as the usual measurements we get.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Clippers also had no Lou Williams and no Pat Beverly, but the real kicker was their starting C only had 4 points so that was the game right there.
        But if the starting C only has 4 points but plays great D, that's all you need lol
        The OFMPG and PGFTH+ proves it
        Sorry, I can't help myself!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

When those "true" measurements came out there were a whole whack of results that made little sense to most. I've just been assuming they are equally as unreliable as the usual measurements we get.
          I'm betting you're right. Were the "true" sock measurements taken by the individual teams or the league? If by the teams, then they have reasons to prevaricate once again ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But if the starting C only has 4 points but plays great D, that's all you need lol
            The OFMPG and PGFTH+ proves it
            Sorry, I can't help myself!
            Along with great D, add in fancy passes! irresistible lol

Comment

• The next 25 games before the deadline are winnable games except maybe that home and home series against Boston in between.

Due to the Raptors dominating mediocre teams, a streak is so achievable.

Comment

• Nets, on a back to back with travel, hammer the Sixers by 20. Sure, no Embiid, but the Nets don't have Kyrie and KD either.

Dinwiddie > Simmons. lol.

Comment

• With 53 days left until the deadline, why do I think we're going to see more decent/good players going to the Bucks, Sixers and Celtics, who somehow make them fit in, than the Raptors who will tinker or add a bench nothing? make some magic, Masai!

Comment

• Well, right after we took care of them, the Nets, straight into the second leg of a back to back, blow out the Sixers by 20.
                    (No Joel, but still.)

Comment

• Game thread for Cavs?
                      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                        Game thread for Cavs?
                        you read my mind

Comment

Working...
                        X