Game #25: Brooklyn Nets 102 - Toronto Raptors 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #25: Brooklyn Nets 102 - Toronto Raptors 110

Some light reading for any fans who might have lost their way through these last five games
    Sure, we were an overtime loss away from not having a ok record in those games
    We were without Steady Freddy
    Below is a live look at Kyle and Serge coming back from injury

But still, it's hard not to feel like we will be suspending judgement til our next stretch against tougher teams (which comes not to far away with a three game in four nights stretch of Mavs/Pacers/Celtics.)

But now is not that time. The Nets have been making noise but it's time to reassert our Atlantic dominance. No word on Freddy or Kyrie yet...
    Here's who should be there

PG

SG

SF

(I give up...he might as well be John Smith)

PF

C

I have to admit...it takes a bit to get motivated for this one. I hope the Raps don't face the same problem. Gotta break out of this malaise. They have to find a spark somewhere. Something to get them going. Some words of motivation. What could that possibly be....?

Oh yeah...

Nets without Kyrie are one of those weird teams that can sneak up on you and drink your milkshake if you're not careful. And Garrett Temple is like the epitome of the random role player who will surprise you.

Hopefully Fred is back to help make this one a little easier.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Nets without Kyrie are one of those weird teams that can sneak up on you and drink your milkshake if you're not careful. And Garrett Temple is like the epitome of the random role player who will surprise you.

Hopefully Fred is back to help make this one a little easier.
      Damn thats an awesome quote drop
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Out at a dinner party for this one. My record for stepping downstairs to watch parts of the game during one evening is 7

Comment

Nets are thoroughly mediocre on both ends. This should be a game we take, hopefully our shooting shows up a little bit.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Only thing to watch is they are a dominant offensive rebounding team. Going to need to be a focus to gang rebound, or kill them so much in transition that they have to back off the aggressive rebound chasing.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There a small part of me that thinks Kyrie isn't coming back this year. The teams been much better without him and his reputation was getting hit big time. Originally this shoulder injury was supposed to keep him out 3-4 games. He was even cleared to play at one point mid November. I wouldn't put it past him to say fuck it me and KD both load managing a year, and hanging out in brooklyn. Cya next year
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                There a small part of me that thinks Kyrie isn't coming back this year. The teams been much better without him and his reputation was getting hit big time. Originally this shoulder injury was supposed to keep him out 3-4 games. He was even cleared to play at one point mid November. I wouldn't put it past him to say fuck it me and KD both load managing a year, and hanging out in brooklyn. Cya next year
                Throwaway season. Nets are waiting on Durant for 20-21. Charitably, you can say they shouldn't judge Irving until then but, man, this guy just seems like a cancer.

Comment

Who’s ready for a win streak? Let’s get it going
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Visiting TO for Christmas... anybody have any suggestions on best/cheapest way to get seats? I will try the usual methods of ticketmaster and stubhub but not sure if there are any other avenues I haven't heard of. Hoping to see the Mavs and Thunder.

Christmas day seats vs the Celtics are at ridiculous prices, but I will drop a few fuck Bostons in the game thread as is customary for the holiday season.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Damn thats an awesome quote drop
                      I DRINK IT UP

I wish I could just yell that at random passersby

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I DRINK IT UP

I wish I could just yell that at random passersby
                        There’s nothing stopping you.

Comment

Kyrie is the guy that could give the raps trouble....

wait!!!

hes hurt...again ?

Hahahahaha
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

Past and future Raptor worlds colliding...in the last way you would expect (but also somehow the most fitting way)

(from The Athletic)

"Then, it happened.

With the Bucks trailing 98-97 and 9:40 remaining, Caboclo defended Antetokounmpo on the left wing. Grizzlies wing Solomon Hill left Khris Middleton to help Caboclo on the drive, and Antetokounmpo found Middleton in the left corner. With Hill recovering late, Middleton drove baseline. Caboclo stepped over to cut off the lane, and Middleton delivered a perfect pocket pass to Antetokounmpo, who rose up off his left foot just outside the restricted area and dunked on Caboclo with his right hand.

“On your fucking head!” Antetokounmpo yelled at Caboclo on the way down the floor.

The outburst earned Antetokounmpo a technical...."

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Past and future Raptor worlds colliding...in the last way you would expect (but also somehow the most fitting way)

(from The Athletic)

"Then, it happened.

With the Bucks trailing 98-97 and 9:40 remaining, Caboclo defended Antetokounmpo on the left wing. Grizzlies wing Solomon Hill left Khris Middleton to help Caboclo on the drive, and Antetokounmpo found Middleton in the left corner. With Hill recovering late, Middleton drove baseline. Caboclo stepped over to cut off the lane, and Middleton delivered a perfect pocket pass to Antetokounmpo, who rose up off his left foot just outside the restricted area and dunked on Caboclo with his right hand.

“On your fucking head!” Antetokounmpo yelled at Caboclo on the way down the floor.

The outburst earned Antetokounmpo a technical...."
                              Early on Giannis looked like a nice kid, but he's ruthless.
                              ​​​​​​
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X