Game #26: Cleveland Cavaliers 113 - Toronto Raptors 133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

This one (SGA) makes sense basketball wise, a young, talented, tall rangy PG would be a great fit and address some of our weaknesses. Realistically, would he be available?
    I doubt it. I think OKC loves him. Was the best asset from the Clippers in that George trade.

Comment

This one (SGA) makes sense basketball wise, a young, talented, tall rangy PG would be a great fit and address some of our weaknesses. Realistically, would he be available?
      no chance. He fits OKC timeline, culture and fit.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I doubt it. I think OKC loves him. Was the best asset from the Clippers in that George trade.
        I can't see OKC parting ways with the key piece in that trade, Man, Chris Paul will be paid $44M for the 2021-22 season.

Comment

I can't see OKC parting ways with the key piece in that trade, Man, Chris Paul will be paid $44M for the 2021-22 season.
          Paul can help a lot of teams. But he's just paid too much. Same problem Love and the Cavs have.

I think he'll be stuck there until '22 IMO. He may ask for a buy out at the tail end of that deal if he hates it in OKC. He'd be a great fit on one of the LA teams or even Milwaukee. Would be a huge upgrade over Bledsoe.

Comment

Paul can help a lot of teams. But he's just paid too much. Same problem Love and the Cavs have.

I think he'll be stuck there until '22 IMO. He may ask for a buy out at the tail end of that deal if he hates it in OKC. He'd be a great fit on one of the LA teams or even Milwaukee. Would be a huge upgrade over Bledsoe.

That's a scary proposition...

Comment

How is Toronto so up against the cap when other teams can pay 2-3 superstars vs our none? Or look to add at the deadline where we can't.

Part of the answer is that Lowry makes too much money lol He makes about $35M which is more than most elite players like lebron, Harden! Are our middle of the road players paid so much that we can't afford superstars? Of course Pascal will be paid like one next year as well.

lebron $37M
              Lowry $35M
              Kawhi Leonard $33M
              Paul George $30M
              Embiid, Jokic, Zinger, D'Angelo Russell 27M
              Anthony Davis $22M

As I said previously, I foresee Milwaukee and the Sixers adding more impactful players than we will this season and it sucks!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

How is Toronto so up against the cap when other teams can pay 2-3 superstars vs our none? Or look to add at the deadline where we can't.

Part of the answer is that Lowry makes too much money lol He makes about $35M which is more than most elite players like lebron, Harden! Are our middle of the road players paid so much that we can't afford superstars? Of course Pascal will be paid like one next year as well.

lebron $37M
                Lowry $35M
                Kawhi Leonard $33M
                Paul George $30M
                Anthony Davis $22M

As I said previously, I foresee Milwaukee and the Sixers adding more impactful players than we will this season and it sucks!
                The longer you play in the NBA, the more you make. Our vets make a lot of money. In 2 years Kawhi and George will make CP type money. AD will get paid as well next year. Best contract in the NBA is a star on a rookie contract or one just coming off of one.

Comment

lebron $37M
                  Lowry $35M
                  Kawhi Leonard $33M
                  Paul George $30M
                  Anthony Davis $22M

Lowry is a middle of the road player...?

We have cap tied up in our veterans (a combined 50M to Gasol and Ibaka is a bigger impact than Lowry's salary) right now but we will very soon be in the position to pay a 2nd superstar in addition to our current budding superstar Pascal, and also keep our key role players (FVV, OG, Terry II, maybe Powell). The C position will be the interesting one.

And, like, welcome to the NBA. They have artificial player salary maxes, so superstars don't get paid what they are worth. And as such get paid the same amount as borderline superstars, and even just all-stars, and not that much more than top tier role players.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Toronto, Milwaukee, and Philly are all over the cap.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Lowry is a middle of the road player...?

We have cap tied up in our veterans (a combined 50M to Gasol and Ibaka is a bigger impact than Lowry's salary) right now but we will very soon be in the position to pay a 2nd superstar in addition to our current budding superstar Pascal, and also keep our key role players (FVV, OG, Terry II, maybe Powell). The C position will be the interesting one.

And, like, welcome to the NBA. They have artificial player salary maxes, so superstars don't get paid what they are worth. And as such get paid the same amount as borderline superstars, and even just all-stars, and not that much more than top tier role players.
                      I meant "are our middle of the road players" as in the players below the stars....

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Toronto, Milwaukee, and Philly are all over the cap.
                        I get it. Watch what they do

Comment

Working...
                        X