• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #27: Toronto Raptors 112 - Detroit Pistons 99

​

​
    ​
    Detroit and Toronto have always had a bit of a history. To paraphrase, Geography made us neighbours. History has made us....a lukewarm rivalry?
    Definitely a few moments over the years from Chris Childs' attempted game tying three..from 5 feet inside the 3 pt line. To Casey's return game that ended with an early Pascal transcendent moment, swatting away the potential game winning last second ally oop pass

https://www.nba.com/video/2018/11/14...aving-block-q4

Well, actually it was the second last second and we remember what happened in the last second.
    But that bump aside, we have seen the Pistons muddle around the treadmill zone while we have gone on to some pretty amazing things. Like winning a championship. An NBA Championship. You could even say we know what it tastes like.

As for the Pistons, it was as motley a crew as ever starting for them the other night. As per ESPN's official boxscore, they started two power forwards and three shooting guards. Strange times. But they hope to have the big guns back for Wednesday so let's just go with their 5 "best" players

PG

​

​
    ​

SG

​
    (this one is even better than I thought if you look closely)

SF

​

PF

C

Or, and this is too good not to use...

As for our lineup, I think Freddy is still out so it will probably be 240 minutes of Patrick McCaw.

We took care of Brooklyn, we took care of Cleveland. Let's do the same to Detroit

And don't forget

Beating Casey is always satisfying...

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
      It's only happened once tho...
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Ho, hum. We’ve moved on to bigger and better things. It’s still probably Casey’s super bowl, though.

I wonder if the fans will even make the bus trip out anymore.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

It's only happened once tho...
          That's why it's so satisfying

Comment

Lakers lose to the Pacers

Comment

Lakers lose to the Pacers
              Lakers without AD don't look like world beaters. He has had question marks with his health almost every season so it should be a real concern.. I feel like the battle of L.A is going to come down to whoever is healthier in may
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

[QUOTE=bertarapsfan;n1327245]

Lakers without AD don't look like world beaters He has had question marks with his health almost every season so it should be a real concern.. I feel like the battle of L.A is going to come down to whoever is healthier in may[/QUOT

Watching the Lakers, can't help but picture the skilled old guy playing rec ball. He still good but he plays like an old guy. Then there is Lebron.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Lakers without AD don't look like world beaters. He has had question marks with his health almost every season so it should be a real concern.. I feel like the battle of L.A is going to come down to whoever is healthier in may
                  I gree. Both are World Champ quality if healthy. Old Man lebron may be the healthiest of the 4 stars

Comment

Game day. Keep the winning streak going Jclaw.

Comment

Sucks that the Pacers won that one last night. Tied in the standings with them.. and they still have to get Dipo back. Seeding is going to come down to the wire in the East. We could be facing a team like Boston, Philly or Miami in round 1 instead of round 2.

Pistons are a mess. But they still have guys that can beat you. Rose is quietly having another good season again. Kennard can shoot you out of a gym. Drummond can get them 20 boards. With our anemic rebounding that can be an issue. Griffin always gives Siakam fits.

Andre and Blake were both out against the Wizards but a report is showing that they are both expected to play tonight. So we'll probably get the full Pistons roster.

Fred is unlikely to play per Blake Murphy per Nurse. So hopefully we get another gem from Powell tonight.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Sucks that the Pacers won that one last night. Tied in the standings with them.. and they still have to get Dipo back. Seeding is going to come down to the wire in the East. We could be facing a team like Boston, Philly or Miami in round 1 instead of round 2.
                        it's not clear to me whether getting oladipo back will make indiana better or worse. there's currently very little separation between the 2 and 6 seeds but have you looked at our schedule between about december 29 and march 16? i like our chances to finish in the top 4, so we'd at least have home court if facing one of those teams.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

it's not clear to me whether getting oladipo back will make indiana better or worse. there's currently very little separation between the 2 and 6 seeds but have you looked at our schedule between about december 29 and march 16? i like our chances to finish in the top 4, so we'd at least have home court if facing one of those teams.
                          Yeah our SOS is pretty good the rest of the way. I should stay optimistic. I'm just not liking our record against good teams. We've beaten the Lakers and 76ers. But we've lost to the Celtics, Bucks, Heat, Mavs, Rockets, 76ers (once), and Clippers (twice).

We play Indiana and Boston twice coming up. I hope we go 3-0 or 2-1 during that stretch. Long season, but those continue to be statement games. Winning a season series is the first tie breaker for playoff seeding. Right now we're not doing so well there.

Comment

Everytime we play the Pistons in Detroit, the Raptors usually advertise a "road trip" where fans ride busses together to Detroit. How come there's none of that this year?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah our SOS is pretty good the rest of the way. I should stay optimistic. I'm just not liking our record against good teams. We've beaten the Lakers and 76ers. But we've lost to the Celtics, Bucks, Heat, Mavs, Rockets, 76ers (once), and Clippers (twice).

We play Indiana and Boston twice coming up. I hope we go 3-0 or 2-1 during that stretch. Long season, but those continue to be statement games. Winning a season series is the first tie breaker for playoff seeding. Right now we're not doing so well there.
                              that's all fair but i'm not really sure we've had a chance to hit our groove yet with the injuries to kyle, serge, and fred. i thought the main players looked good together early in the season and that was before we discovered we had a bit of depth too.

by the way that celtics game was a win, the NBA just recorded it as a loss in error due to criminal officiating

Comment

Working...
                              X