X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Oh agreed and I think your take above about how tight things are in the East has merit to it, too. I just don't think it warrants the level of concern in Raptorland that it seems to be generating.... the laundry list of things more critical than McCaw is quite long.
    It's not always about criticality, it's also about whether you can control it. There is a huge list of things that have to go right for the Raptors to maximize their success this year, but they have direct control over very few of them.

There are things they do have control over, and whether they play their good players more than their bad players is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm giving you my personal guarantee that Patrick McCaw will not be on the roster after the deadline.
    Well then say good bye to the chip. We need this guy hes 3/3 0n NBA championships a modern bill Russell as nick recently said. Just park him on the bench. We cant tempt fate

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah i get what you saying. But that still doesn't mean you just give this guy minutes because "fuck it, it doesn't matter either way"
    Oh agreed and I think your take above about how tight things are in the East has merit to it, too. I just don't think it warrants the level of concern in Raptorland that it seems to be generating.... the laundry list of things more critical than McCaw is quite long.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I never knew Patrick McCaw was so instrumental to the state of the team. No wonder the organization thinks so highly of him.... guy can apparently single-handedly change the entire course of their season.
    yeah i get what you saying. But that still doesn't mean you just give this guy minutes because "fuck it, it doesn't matter either way"

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    I never knew Patrick McCaw was so instrumental to the state of the team. No wonder the organization thinks so highly of him.... guy can apparently single-handedly change the entire course of their season.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Patrick McCaw's minutes are not going to make or break Toronto's season....
    The 4th quarter should have been extended garbage time and if not for McCaw, Powell wouldn't have been in there. So, I'm blaming Patrick McCaw's minutes for breaking Norm's breakout season.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't know.. he was hurt at the beginning of the year and is now healthy. Fred is out so he's getting more minutes. When Fred comes back that probably gets scaled down even with Norm out.

If they wanted to trade him, they wouldn't have signed him in the first place. Plus he makes $4M. Not a lot to get with that in a trade.
    I'm giving you my personal guarantee that Patrick McCaw will not be on the roster after the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Patrick McCaw might not be the difference between let's say 50 and 60 wins. But Raptors have little margin of error and every win will be important for seeding. Especially when it's this close.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Depends how many he plays. They could. They probably won't, because he probably won't play many.

But this does remind of the times I was told that John Salmons' minutes wouldn't make or break our season. That turned out great.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I might be wrong, but didn't McCaw get a guaranteed 2 year contract? If so, perhaps the minutes he is getting is more about showcasing him so he can be traded.
    I don't know.. he was hurt at the beginning of the year and is now healthy. Fred is out so he's getting more minutes. When Fred comes back that probably gets scaled down even with Norm out.

If they wanted to trade him, they wouldn't have signed him in the first place. Plus he makes $4M. Not a lot to get with that in a trade.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Appreciate the advice from the Thought Police.

McCaw is nowhere near a train wreck, but still it's not easy to look away. He just stands out, especially in contrast to the hard-ass line that Nick has come down with on RHJ and SJ in terms of earning their minutes.
    You are welcome. Merry Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Too much thought is being given to Patrick McCaw.....
    Appreciate the advice from the Thought Police.

McCaw is nowhere near a train wreck, but still it's not easy to look away. He just stands out, especially in contrast to the hard-ass line that Nick has come down with on RHJ and SJ in terms of earning their minutes.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Too many minutes leads to too much thought.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I might be wrong, but didn't McCaw get a guaranteed 2 year contract? If so, perhaps the minutes he is getting is more about showcasing him so he can be traded.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Too much thought is being given to Patrick McCaw.....
    Too many minutes leads to too much thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X