X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    McCaw must be killing it in practice. There must be explanation.
    Too much thought is being given to Patrick McCaw.....

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    McCaw must be killing it in practice. There must be explanation.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Ugh, well first off I prefer everyone healthy and the coach just make better rotation decisions.

But also this probably means like 36 MPG for McCaw which is not the direction anyone (except McCaw I guess) should have been clamoring for.
    Glass half full: he either shocks the world and that’s great or he keeps spinning his wheels out there and they finally move on from him. I’m choosing to be an optimist fro Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

DanH right now...

Ugh, well first off I prefer everyone healthy and the coach just make better rotation decisions.

But also this probably means like 36 MPG for McCaw which is not the direction anyone (except McCaw I guess) should have been clamoring for.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Gorbert fucked up Norm shoulder on a very similar play last year. The NBA needs to do something about those moving screens
    Step one would be to call them. Step two would be to not allow Refs to bet on games they are reffing.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    McCaw has played 127 minutes so far this season, and scored 18 pts total in these 127 minutes.

For perspective, there are 235 players (basically half the league) averaging over 20 minutes per game. Out of these 235 players, McCaw has the lowest ppg (3.0), and also the lowest points per minute on the floor 0.14. His boards and dimes per game are less than 2. To justify this 20+ mpg with this kind of offence he would have to be in DPOY/all-defence territory, and he's certainly not there. So yeah I don't get the boner the coaching staff has for him at all.
    Maybe he's Tanenbaums' grandson? Anybody gave this a thought? That's the only logical explanation.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    McCaw has played 127 minutes so far this season, and scored 18 pts total in these 127 minutes.

For perspective, there are 235 players (basically half the league) averaging over 20 minutes per game. Out of these 235 players, McCaw has the lowest ppg (3.0), and also the lowest points per minute on the floor 0.14. His boards and dimes per game are less than 2. To justify this 20+ mpg with this kind of offence he would have to be in DPOY/all-defence territory, and he's certainly not there. So yeah I don't get the boner the coaching staff has for him at all.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    My god..does Dwayne Casey cry so much,thank god we don't have that clown,good coach,but not great,anyway..there whole team are a bunch of cry babies,Griffin is such a douche bag,that guy is the most overrated player,I wish someone could just punch that guy out, complains,complains,cries,omg..wow..what a loser.
    Let's talk about our raps,it's good win,any win on the road is a good win,yes raps lost few good player,gasol and norm which sucks,gasol looks like he will b back in few..as for norm..few months maybe,feel bad,always injured..luck is not on his side,I'm not gonna say it,but could b his last game as raptor,reminds me when JV was out,was ready 2 come back..got traded.
    Second,this s#$t about McCaw,the guy is good player,I know his shot hasn't been going down,but it will,his still getting his legs,plays the right way, I c why Coach Nurse trust him,plays hard,give it time.Freddy is coming back soon, will definitely help.
    Now that Norm is out..time 2 ride OG,hard..40 minutes plus,let him go,kid is beast...tried 2 give him breaks little bit on offense,kid always plays against best offensive players,OG is only 22,this guy didn't even play last year,crazy..won championship.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    I totally agree McCaw is garbage. His defense is overrated and I dont even have to mention his offensive game.

Him getting floor time, reduced usage of RHJ and TD, causing disruption of their rhythm. They were both on a roll, then here comes McCaw and both RHJ/TD seem trying to maximize whatever playing time they were given, trying to do too much beyond their capabilities.

McCaw does not deserve this much exposure eventhough Van Vleet is injured. Let TD run the back up point.

(i have to stop now because the RR stalker wannabee mod is lurking lol)

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Was this one of the worst reffed games every? Just consistently bad on both sides of the ball. I've seen some really bad calls but it felt like the refs had no idea what they were doing.

I hope the Raps or Pistons send a copy of the tape to league headquarters so that the three refs can get fired or seriously disciplined. Of course we'll see all three in the playoffs.

I thought we played okay. Pistons just played really badly. So many bad misses. A lot of their 3's were wide open. But they just couldn't hit. The 4th quarter was pretty bad. We had one epic run in the 3rd, and another in the 4th to seal it. But the game itself was a dog.. mainly because of the reffing.

Siakam settled for his iso game too much and wasn't having it. I thought Lowry was good but then he looked like he was stat padding at the end to get his triple double. Feel bad for Norm, but he was having a quiet night before his injury. Missed some of those bunnies.. felt like we were watching old Norm. But that injury looked painful.

Serge had a great game. I think playing more gave him more of a pep in his step. He was active, and was hitting his shots. Really aggressive around Drummond. Too many fouls but half of those shouldn't have counted. Not sure why Casey subbed out AD when Serge picked up his 4th. I remember him doing stuff like that in Toronto and was always confused. With Serge sitting, AD would have had a field day.

Sucks about Marc. The Raptors don't say sh!t.. I mean I thought Fred would be back after 1 game, and he's missed 7 I think. So Marc could be out for a week or 2 months.. who knows. Wonder if Hernandez will get some more playing time now.

McCaw again with the heavy minutes. Still confusing. I mean he was active on defense. A no show on offense. I guess he's just playing the Fred role. Still weird to see him get so many minutes. He's not that good. With Norm out I hope it isn't Pat that gets penciled in as the 6th man (3rd guard). I hope TD gets more time. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

Anyway with Norm out like this, we can shut down all potential trade talk until he gets back. No team is trading for Norm until he's healthy. And Norm is the contract we'd most likely move to get better.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    OG looks so polished this game. He was clean.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Hoping Freddy is back inside of 7 days... He will take up some of the minutes at SG as well...

Have to feel bad for Norm.. he was really rolling
    DanH right now...

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Matt Thomas was supposed to be due back next week. Out 4 weeks, as of Nov. 25th. Extended minutes for Thomas could be fun. He doesn't seem as bad on defense as most feared.
    Hoping Freddy is back inside of 7 days... He will take up some of the minutes at SG as well...

Have to feel bad for Norm.. he was really rolling

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Norm played 33 minutes - McCaw 27, Davis 12. Even if Davis plays the 33 that Norm did - then someone has to pick up the remaining 12
    Matt Thomas was supposed to be due back next week. Out 4 weeks, as of Nov. 25th. Extended minutes for Thomas could be fun. He doesn't seem as bad on defense as most feared.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

i know what i said
    Missed the joke.. sorry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X