• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #28: Washington Wizards 118 - Toronto Raptors 122

Hey!
    You!
    The one reading this post!
    Are you tall? Do you like playing basketball? Both? Neither?
    Either way, come on out and play for your Toronto Raptors on Friday night in a professional men's basketball game against the Washington Wizards (nee Bullets). We have spot for you!

No word yet on Marc, Norm or even Fred and that sucks. But then again, doesn't it seem like just yesterday we were waxing nostalgic about the Davis/Jefferson/Boucher bench?

I'm not sure if it's the 25th anniversary or if it's the championship but it seems easy to get a bit reflective about the Raps history these days. The Wiz have an odd place in Raptors lore. They are the author of one of our most absurdly terrible moments. Who saw that playoff sweep coming? (put your hand down) But they are also the givers of one of the most absurdly entertaining moments in Raptors history (here's lookin' at you Mo Pete)

Speaking of the Wiz, they may be even more banged up than us. Their injured list might be better than their actual lineup. Even if I just listed the actual staring lineup names, you might not even know who's playing.

So here are the Washington,as of the moment of the post, not yet impeached Wizards

PG

SG

SF

PF

C

(I kid you not. It's him. Ian Mahinmi. They're still paying him. And he's playing)

Once again, after taking care of the Nets, Cavs and Pistons, we can't take a lesser team lightly. Especially with our depth tested. We won't even get to see CJ's PJ's unless he's wearing them instead of a suit. Part of me feels bad calling the Wiz a lesser team but the other part of me just watched them give up a 21-3 run to send the game against the Bulls into overtime including 5(!) free throws in the last 5.5 seconds of the game (which they then lost).

And who will they be playing? Yes, it's your 2019 NBA Champion Toronto Raptors!

(which they then won)

And don't forget, as of game time..

Heck of a depth test with so many key guys out. Passed the last test without Lowry and Serge. Let's see how this one goes. Gasol has been crucial to this point but maybe Serge can step up his game a bit.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

With the injuries it’s next man up. Looking at you Boucher, RHJ, Hernandez, TD2, Brissett, Miller, McCaw.

Comment

I’m ready for McCaw to start and put up 5/2/2 in 30 minutes
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Wizards are actually a really fun team to watch. They just shoot any chance they get. Bertans is really fricken good. Can get like 6-7 threes for you a game. Need to slow him down. But defensively they remind me of Triano's Raptors. Just horrid on that end.

Comment

Hopefully they can get this. Raps are seriously banged up
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Hopefully they can get this. Raps are seriously banged up
              At various points of the year people are saying: "Gasol is done... get this bum outta here" and DanH always has the data to prove that Powell is supposedly always a negative contributor to winning... even when he puts up big numbers.

I mean we should be happy these 2 scrubs aren't in the lineup... right? Give the people what they want.

Comment

The Gasol injury is a MASSIVE blow to this team. Hopefully he's not out too long. He's a hug epart of this team defensively and offensively.

Losing Norm also sucks because he's been playing the best basketball of his career. Davis really needs to step up now.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

At various points of the year people are saying: "Gasol is done... get this bum outta here" and DanH always has the data to prove that Powell is supposedly always a negative contributor to winning... even when he puts up big numbers.

I mean we should be happy these 2 scrubs aren't in the lineup... right? Give the people what they want.
                  well this stretch will shed some light on that theory.

Comment

btw great threads JClaw

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Well, if you are going to give credence to my position on Powell (which yeah I'm totally always right about everything so smart move) you should do so with Gasol too!
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Gasol is gone for weeks according to Woj

Comment

Kenneth Faried, is he available?

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Gasol is gone for weeks according to Woj
                            Ouch, last night his absence was noticed in the 4Q when ball movement ground to a halt.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Kenneth Faried, is he available?
                              He signed a $4.4M deal to play in China:
                              https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...na-per-report/

So nope. Not unless he gets bought out. Which is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                              X