• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege
    replied
    `
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    So much McCaw talk here. He was actually pretty good last night. He hit tS`~`XDZSZShe biggest 3 in the game.

The guy that no one's talking about is Malcolm Miller. 13 minutes, 0 points, 0 assist, 1 rebound. He kept passing up wide open 3's too. Defensively, he was horrible. He shouldn't be in the rotation.
    Right now it's however has a pulse gets to play....next game will be a good test. Even with no Doncic.
    Last edited by Zak24gege; Sat Dec 21st, 2019, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

respect
    The man had it going last night. Big at both ends!

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    McCaw was okay. He faded as the game went on but that’s to be expected when you ramp up the minutes. Miller has barely played - tough to be any good right away. Boucher also looked rusty.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    So much McCaw talk here. He was actually pretty good last night. He hit the biggest 3 in the game.

The guy that no one's talking about is Malcolm Miller. 13 minutes, 0 points, 0 assist, 1 rebound. He kept passing up wide open 3's too. Defensively, he was horrible. He shouldn't be in the rotation.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Definite scoring droughts when you play McCaw and RHJ together with another 1-2 depth players and one regular starter. If the defence is creating offence it's okay but if it grinds down to a halfcourt game, look out. 5 minutes with no baskets happens pretty quick.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    We are not developing McCaw, TD has a higher ceiling than that pretender.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    I also dont fucking get why RHJ or TD aint finishing the game instead of McCaw. Both are more reliable on offense than McCaw but their defense is 10 folds better than the pylon. His productivity last night offsets the way he allowed Beal and Ish Smith to go bananas. As if I am watching the Derozan years, PPG is more important than stopping the opposing player.

That is Patrick McCaw the three time champion, what a fraud.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Not to mention McCaw couldn’t slow down Ish freakin’ Smith either. Again.... what’s the point of McCaw?
    Ish Smith would gave been ordinary, however McCaw is a pylon on defense.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post

Ah shit, forgot about Henderson. That fucker and those Charlotte teams were just as bad as that awful streak we had against the Jimmy Butler Bulls teams
    Henderson and Butler would have not gotten the title of Raptor Killers if not for Derozan’s matador defense against them. That was 10 years of agony from No.10.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Beal is an underrated player since he's played on nowhere teams. He would have looked great in Toronto
    Not to mention McCaw couldn’t slow down Ish freakin’ Smith either. Again.... what’s the point of McCaw?

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Beal and Smith love playing against Toronto. If Bertans didn't go 2-12 from 3 we would have lost. He basically won us this game. Solid first half. Felt like the Wizards didn't belong in the NBA. Then we just let them get hot. To many easy buckets one after another. Eventually they whittled it down to 10 than 8 than 6 than 2 than they were up 2.. can't let a bad team like the Wizards do that. Confidence is a killer.

Glad they got the win in the end. Dumb play by Lowry to try and dodge the foul only to turn it over. Overall though he played great. I think he's definitely back.

Serge had another solid game. He looks like he's now playing for that contract. Was engaged on both ends. That third block of his was wicked.

OG was really active. Still uncoordinated. I don't think he can fix his own coordination issues. That will always prevent him from getting to that next step. But he's a keeper. Highest +/- of the team at +10. Should have used him on Beal more. Hope he's okay. Got hit so many times. If we lose him again we are really screwed.

Fred was quiet. His line looked good (almost a triple double) but for some reason he really felt invisible to me. Needs at least 2-3 games to get back into a proper groove. Or I just wasn't paying attention enough to his play.

McCaw played well. Hit a big three. He was way wide open but still. The steal/dunk was great. Got some dumb fouls though. I guess we just have to get used to him playing a lot. Feels like those Reggie Evans days where we had him out there and played 4/5 on offense. Except Evans could grab boards and defend. McCaw is just out there. I mean Ish and Bradley went ham tonight.

RHJ, TD and Boucher brought their usual energy. Wish they played a bit more, but we blew a big lead so I guess that wasn't in the cards. The Lowry+bench unit is just not as good as the Pascal+bench unit. I wish we could get the Lowry+bench from a few years ago. That was so much fun back in the day.

Next few games will be really tough. Got a back to back to finish off a three in four. The Christmas game and then another three in four starting with Boston again to finish off the year.

Going to be a slog.
    Thank-you Bertans. As discussed earlier Is 8 - 8 still a realistic goal. We are so far 1-0 with that win against a team we should normally easily beat.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

The whole point of McCaw is to slow down a guy like Beal, but Beal looks like he’s having fun out there.
    Beal is an underrated player since he's played on nowhere teams. He would have looked great in Toronto

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    Just out of bench players, Ish Smith has to be the all-time greatest Raptors killer
    Yeah he kills us every time. 'ish never m'ish against Raptors.

Leave a comment:

replied

I thought that was Gerald Henderson. Ish is right up there with Mike Scott for current players.
    Ah shit, forgot about Henderson. That fucker and those Charlotte teams were just as bad as that awful streak we had against the Jimmy Butler Bulls teams

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Beal and Smith love playing against Toronto. If Bertans didn't go 2-12 from 3 we would have lost. He basically won us this game. Solid first half. Felt like the Wizards didn't belong in the NBA. Then we just let them get hot. To many easy buckets one after another. Eventually they whittled it down to 10 than 8 than 6 than 2 than they were up 2.. can't let a bad team like the Wizards do that. Confidence is a killer.

Glad they got the win in the end. Dumb play by Lowry to try and dodge the foul only to turn it over. Overall though he played great. I think he's definitely back.

Serge had another solid game. He looks like he's now playing for that contract. Was engaged on both ends. That third block of his was wicked.

OG was really active. Still uncoordinated. I don't think he can fix his own coordination issues. That will always prevent him from getting to that next step. But he's a keeper. Highest +/- of the team at +10. Should have used him on Beal more. Hope he's okay. Got hit so many times. If we lose him again we are really screwed.

Fred was quiet. His line looked good (almost a triple double) but for some reason he really felt invisible to me. Needs at least 2-3 games to get back into a proper groove. Or I just wasn't paying attention enough to his play.

McCaw played well. Hit a big three. He was way wide open but still. The steal/dunk was great. Got some dumb fouls though. I guess we just have to get used to him playing a lot. Feels like those Reggie Evans days where we had him out there and played 4/5 on offense. Except Evans could grab boards and defend. McCaw is just out there. I mean Ish and Bradley went ham tonight.

RHJ, TD and Boucher brought their usual energy. Wish they played a bit more, but we blew a big lead so I guess that wasn't in the cards. The Lowry+bench unit is just not as good as the Pascal+bench unit. I wish we could get the Lowry+bench from a few years ago. That was so much fun back in the day.

Next few games will be really tough. Got a back to back to finish off a three in four. The Christmas game and then another three in four starting with Boston again to finish off the year.

Going to be a slog.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X