• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #30: Toronto Raptors 115 - Indiana Pacers 120

I think I'll just leave this here

"You want bench weapons?"

Wow.
    That was fun.
    After making it through the exhilaration and exhaustion of that last championship season, many people are asking what this season is about.
    Last night, at least in part, was it.

Hard to believe but we're right back at it tonight. Thankfully it will be as level a playing field as it can be with us missing half our team. The Pacers have been without their lead player all year and also had to play last night against the Bucks (tho not sure how much effort they put into that one).
    So hopefully all your injured beer hands have healed and you're ready to get back at it.

I'm not sure if we're technically allowed to play the Pacers if Norm isn't in our lineup. I'm going to check with the league office. If the game is still a go, this is who we'll be facing.

PG

SG

(it's a stretch...use your ears, not your eyes)

SF

PF

With the 9th pick in the 2016 NBA draft the Toronto Raptors don't take...

C

This should be an interesting match up. Pacers are a good but not great team but we're also quite thinned out. On the plus side, our "starters" got some rest last night so they might be ok. Sabonis and Turner might be a bit too solid for Slimduck but on the flip side, Slimduck may be too awesome for anyone.

A couple of X factors for the game.

For the Pacers
    (listed as "doubtful" for tonight)

(actual image of Jeremy Lamb as pictured by Raptors fans)

For the Raptors

(back where it all started)

Once again, quite a game last night. Many people tried to put it into words but maybe Herbie came closest

Right idea, (but at least for that date) a different holiday..

Go Raps

But fear not, Christmas is not forgotten because...

(I can feel it.....all I want for Christmas is to start the next thread)

Damn I thought Christmas WAS the next game after epic comeback. If Raps win this one, then Jclaw really really earned it
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nicely done, as always J.

Let's get this W.
      Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Mon Dec 23, 2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Must-win game. There should be no other thread-starter for the Christmas game than the man, the myth, the Jclaw
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Damn I thought Christmas WAS the next game after epic comeback. If Raps win this one, then Jclaw really really earned it
          Consider the Five game win streak, injured against all odds, we should give him x-mass game anyway. He is the best “claws “we have.

Comment

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

kyle lowry ain't no spot up shooter he aint gotta run to the corner to shoot like hes some 3rd option bitch this aint jj redick this is a fuckin god human steph curry come again only this time hes not a fuckin pussy pull up from the fuckin logo and fight you at the same time

Comment

Any issues with the All-Decade Team of Curry, Wade, LeBron, Leonard and Durant? I'm not sold on Wade?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...kawhi-leonard/
                Last edited by Zak24gege; Mon Dec 23, 2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                  Any issues with the All-Decade Team of Curry, Wade, LeBron, Leonard and Durant? I'm not sold on Wade?
                  I would put Chris Paul over Wade pretty comfortably. James Harden too.

Comment

Shocked by how many pundits had Westbrook. Harden for me just due to
                    how almost uniquely unstoppable he’s become. He’s peaked late in the decade which perhaps helps him but he’s been incredible for much of it.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

I would put Chris Paul over Wade pretty comfortably. James Harden too.
                      Wade has 3 rings, one as the best player on the team. Seems to the be all, end all these days

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                        Shocked by how many pundits had Westbrook. Harden for me just due to
                        how almost uniquely unstoppable he’s become. He’s peaked late in the decade which perhaps helps him but he’s been incredible for much of it.
                        For me Harden has to be there. I was looking at one article that left Wade off a top 20 list. Not even an honourable mention!

Comment

Goodbye and good luck. Thanks for the year, we'll keep the banner

Last edited by KeonClark; Mon Dec 23, 2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

This'll be a tough game. B2b and a comeback like the last one takes a lot out of you.

Positive is all the starters under 30 minutes last night. Got shown up by their own bench. Use that for fuel.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...kawhi-leonard/
                              if you're judging only the last ten years as the article purports to then harden is objectively the only correct answer. for their careers you could argue one or the other, i'd say they're in a dead heat, but 2010 to 2019? absurd

Comment

Working...
                              X