No announcement yet.

Game #31: Boston Celtics 118 - Toronto Raptors 102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its clear that Kawhi and PG have a supporting cast just miles above what AD and Lebron have. If these guys play in the playoffs i think the "other guys" for the clippers is what wins them the series
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Lakers need someone like Lowry badly
      Or ... maybe the Clips can trade for him? I hear they have a first round pick coming up in the much-hyped 2043 draft.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Lakers need someone like Lowry badly
        Wonder if LeBron would let Kyle have the ball enough to let Kyle do what he do.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Or ... maybe the Clips can trade for him? I hear they have a first round pick coming up in the much-hyped 2043 draft.
          nah don't want Clips to win and don't want to help Clips to win for sure. Lakers have nothing Raps want anyway
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Lakers lose to Clippers
            Sixers beat the Bucks
            And Houston loses to GS lol

The worst Christmas game was Celtics and Raptors
            Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Dec 25th, 2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bertarapsfan;n1328430]Its clear that Kawhi and PG have a supporting cast just miles above what AD and Lebron have. If these guys play in the playoffs i think the "other guys" for the clippers is what wins them the series[UOTE]

When Williams and Harrell have it going off the bench this team is lethal. Although their record doesn't reflect it, the Clips are the class of the West.

And listening to van Gundy and Jackson talk about not realizing good Kawhi's handle and playmaking has become again empasizes how little they (and US Media in general) watched the Raptors with Leonard last year.

Comment

• Well its true - McCaw does things that dont show up in the boxscore.

start lowry, davis, OG, serge, bouch

we lose every big game. This is terrible

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                  Without that rather historic comeback driven by a 47 pt. 4Q, this group is challenged offensively to score more than 20 pts a quarter. Today we won the 2nd and 4th quarters by 4, lost the 1st and 3rd by 20. Our starters can't match other teams starters (no big surprise give injuries)
                  Starters
                  Boston: 92 pts
                  Raptors: 60 pts

Comment

• We’re always down to start games

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• First all, let's acknowledge that this team is undermanned and injured to important players (starters or early off the bench)

But my luke-warm take is that this season is not about winning because I think they destined for a 2nd round knockout or even first if the draw goes poorly for them. I believe any of the Bucks, Celtics or Sixers could do it and potentially the Heat or Pacers.....Raps are just in the mix of those second tier and that's just in the East.

So if it's not really about an ECF appearance and certainly not a Finals an we're just going to have an old school decent season with tempered expectations, what's it all about?

Certainly, developing Pascal into a bonafide, certified and consistent #1-2 option.
                        Seeing FVV make a case as a starting PG and OG make the step forward into a more well rounded player; lock down D, hitting his 3's and a bit of dash and slash handles.

Combines with the current injury situation, the problem lies in potentially finishing 4-5-6 in the conference this year and bowing out in the 1st or 2nd round. If Pascal remains a solid #2 option but OG fails to make steps forward and Fred is a capable but not an elite PG while Kyle is slowing down or injury prone. Repeat that recipe and Toronto no longer has a shot at a premier FA destination, if it ever had that shot after the chip.

We have to remember that in addition to Pascal, FVV and OG needing to be solid pieces to attract a Giannis type here, we'd have to have replaced Kyle, Serge and Gasol. We'd have the money to bring in two solid pieces in Giannis + another solid player, but will they come here?

I almost think you need to land two in order to land one. Especially if we're staring down the barrel of two only decent to good seasons coming up, Masai will truly be an all time great if he can pull that off.

Go Raps, start by beating the Celtics coming up.

Comment

• Annual Lowe post podcast with Koreen and Arthur. A great listen as always

Comment

• Doug Smith tweets the raps Celtics game had higher ratings on ESPN than the Knicks 12pm game on Xmas day last year.

Comment

• anyone going to take the hit of starting the next thread? anything is possible

Comment

Working...
                              X