GAME #32: Toronto Raptors 113 - Boston Celtics 97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #32: Toronto Raptors 113 - Boston Celtics 97

REVENGE OF THE RAPS (aka these fucks again?!)

PROJECTED STARTING LINE UPS

TORONTO RAPTORS

BOSTON CELTICS

TEAM NOTES

• The Toronto Raptors visit the Boston Celtics on Saturday night at TD Garden. Boston has won the first two meetings this season, including a 118-102 victory in Toronto on Christmas Day. Wednesday marked the first time the road team won a game between the Raptors and Celtics in 13 meetings. Kyle Lowry is averaging 21.5 points and 7.5 assists in two games vs. Boston this season. The fourth and final matchup between the two teams is March 20 in Toronto.
    • Chris Boucher scored a career-high 24 points (7-10 FG, 3-4 3PT, 7-8 FT) in 28 minutes off the bench Wednesday against the Celtics. It marked Boucher’s second 20-point outing in the last three games (Dec. 22-25). He is averaging 16.7 points, while shooting .560 (14-for-25) from the field, during this stretch.
    • December is Toronto’s busiest month of the season with 16 games and includes three back-to-back sets. The Raptors’ 11 games at Scotiabank Arena tie the franchise record for most home games in a calendar month - Toronto also played 11 games at home in March 2016. The Raptors will play 10-of-15 games on the road in the month of January.
    • The NBA announced Monday that Kyle Lowry has been named Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played Dec. 16-22. Lowry earns the honour for the sixth time in his career and fifth time with the Raptors. He averaged 24.5 points, 10.0 assists, 6.5 rebounds and 39.6 minutes while helping the Raptors to a perfect 4-0 record last week.
    • Terence Davis ll is one of the five rookies who’ve played in every game for their team this season, along with Darius Bazley (Oklahoma City), Darius Garland (Cleveland), Kendrick Nunn (Miami) and Coby White (Chicago). Only two rookies have played in every game of a season for the Raptors: Vince Carter in 1998– 99 (which was a lockout-shortened 50-game season) and Matt Bonner (2004–05).
    • The Raptors currently rank second in the NBA averaging 9.8 steals in December (13 games), behind only Chicago (9.9). Norman Powell and Fred VanVleet lead the team with 17 steals apiece this month. Toronto has recorded 10 or more assists seven times in December; something it did four times in October and November combined.
    • Fred VanVleet currently ranks fourth in the NBA in steals per games (2.04). VanVleet has totaled seven steals over the last two games (Dec. 23-25) and now posted 14 games with at least two steals this season. He recorded a career-high seven steals Nov. 29 at Orlando. The last Raptor to average 2.0 steals for an entire season was Kyle Lowry in 2015-16.
    • Kyle Lowry needs 112 assists to tie Jose Calderon (3,770) as the Raptors’ all-time leader in assists. Lowry is already the franchise leader in three-point field goals 1,284), steals (770) and playoff victories (37). Lowry has recorded 10+ assists 110 times - second most in team history behind only Calderon (141).
    • Marc Gasol (left hamstring; strain), Pascal Siakam (groin; stretch) and Norman Powell (left shoulder; subluxation) were all injured Dec. 18 at Detroit. Toronto is 2-2 over the last four games without them. The Raptors are averaging 112.3 points and shooting .451 (156-for-346) from the field during this span.

WHILE YOU WAIT

Games Of Zones Latest Episode

Zach Lowe Raptors Podcast with Ekoreen and Bruce Arthur

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=28374487
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Fri Dec 27, 2019, 11:50 PM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Beautiful work Mixx.

Time to dig deep.

Let's get it.

Comment

Game Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Aside from pure playoff seeding, one of the most important aspects of these games is for the potential tie breakers. The Raps are behind every major playoff contender in the East, making the road tot he ECF that much harder. Depleted roster or not, gotta start winning some of these games.

Comment

Happy Third Day of Christmas! Hopefully Santa was good to everyone. First Raps game I'll be able to watch since the Dallas comeback, so, I'm going to throw on my Jack Armstrong hoodie and championship ring and crack a MGD for luck.

Comment

Boston is on a back to back. Jaylen Brown has been playing really well, might be an all star. My impression last game is that he’s a tough match up for OG.

Comment

I want to see no one be a tough match up for OG. When does he hit his ceiling; next year, year after?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              I want to see no one be a tough match up for OG. When does he hit his ceiling; next year, year after?
              he's 22 years old so he hits his prime 4-5 years from now.

Comment

SMH

OG played 25 minutes while Useless/ Liability McCaw played 32 minutes

McCaw guarded Jaylen Brown most of the game. Nurse also assigned him vs TJ Warren vs Indiana and some spots against Porzingis vs Dallas. Raptors started the game in a HOLE with McCaw as the fucking anchor on defense starting forward

He also averaged 2.5 rebounds in all 3 games.

Yet he is out there healthy flashing his 3 rings with no energy and lackadaisical defense.

Comment

Nurse said after the last game he wants to utilize McCaw as the ball handler more to free up Kyle and Fred.

My takeaway...

More McCaw.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

he's 22 years old so he hits his prime 4-5 years from now.
                    I was being a bit sarcastic

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Nurse said after the last game he wants to utilize McCaw as the ball handler more to free up Kyle and Fred.

My takeaway...

More McCaw.
                      Solution to anything is more McCaw

Comment

This team is a lot less fun with no Siakam
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Raps 21 - 10
                          Celtics 22 - 7

Aside from the fact that the Raps are down to the Celtics in a potential tiebreaker scenario, just from a record point of view, this is a big game....

22-10 and 22-8
                          or
                          21-11 and 23-7

Comment

McCaw with 4/1/2/1/1 in 4 minutes. He could get nothing else the rest of the game and I wouldn’t be surprised
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              McCaw with 4/1/2/1/1 in 4 minutes. He could get nothing else the rest of the game and I wouldn’t be surprised
                              And he gets another with a dime form Kyle lol

Comment

Working...
                              X