GAME #33: OKC Thunder 98 - Toronto Raptors 97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post

He's been very good against not-so-good teams but he's struggled offensively against the better teams. It seems to me that his offensive game lacks polish more than anything else.
    Given it's his 3rd year, he seems to making the same mistakes over and over. Whether it's lack of coordination, decision making or basic skills it just appears he is not helping the team or his case wrt his next contract. With injuries to key personnel, OG has an opportunity to play a bigger role. Unlike Norm who became a reliable scorer before his unfortunate injury, OG has regressed perhaps by pushing too hard. He is only 22 and has time to improve. Can he develop into more than a 3/D role player? In this year of opportunity, his play suggest he may not.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Given it's his 3rd year, he seems to making the same mistakes over and over. Whether it's lack of coordination, decision making or basic skills it just appears he is not helping the team or his case wrt his next contract. With injuries to key personnel, OG has an opportunity to play a bigger role. Unlike Norm who became a reliable scorer before his unfortunate injury, OG has regressed perhaps by pushing too hard. He is only 22 and has time to improve. Can he develop into more than a 3/D role player? In this year of opportunity, his play suggest he may not.
      I view this as his second season and his first season with a significant role. He's probably a year behind because of all the injuries and personal issues last year. They also are definitely asking him to do more on both ends of the floor and pushing him out of his comfort zone.

EDIT: Still, his defense has been very good and he's had games here and there where he's flashed some varied offense. Way too soon to declare he is only this or only that.

Comment

I will take defense vs any kind of offense and I dont doubt basketball purists will do as well. So OG is just fine, actually MORE THAN FINE.

People were just forced fed by Derozan’s flawed game for almost a decade, they grew up with their jaws dropped of his points per game and grinding out 2 pointers lol... why OG is getting a shorter leash these days.

McCaw had a career game offensively (which is looking more like a one off) against Boston so I am not so surprise and the accolades kept coming. lmao.

Poor OG. Smh

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          I will take defense vs any kind of offense and I dont doubt basketball purists will do as well. So OG is just fine, actually MORE THAN FINE.

People were just forced fed by Derozan’s flawed game for almost a decade, they grew up with their jaws dropped of his points per game and grinding out 2 pointers lol... why OG is getting a shorter leash these days.

McCaw had a career game offensively (which is looking more like a one off) against Boston so I am not so surprise and the accolades kept coming. lmao.

Poor OG. Smh
          Defense matters, but in the end a team with more points wins the game, so saying that defense is more important than offense doesn't make much sense. If you take it literally of course.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Bucks bomb the Bulls, first team to 30 wins ....

Comment

Aaliyah wrote:
              Take your listening talents to beach
              Or the

Comment

i was at this game (i don't get to many in toronto, living on the west coast). was the moment i realized shai was going to be special. chris paul was unstoppable in the clutch. toronto was undermanned but pat mccaw had one of his best games as a raptor.

thanks for the memories, aaliyahbot

Comment

Working...
                X