No announcement yet.

Game# 34: Cleveland Cavaliers 97 - Toronto Raptors 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there it is. 2019. The greatest year of Toronto Raptors basketball. Ever.

Nice doing business with you gentlemen... and Zainab (wherever you are).

Comment

nba_4_life wrote: View Post
      Up 16, why get a tech???
      FVV 3-8 from 3 and 1 - 6 on 2 pt shots. I've said before, Fred should stick to 3's only. lol

Happy New Year to all and a much healthier one for our injury prone Raptors
      Last edited by Zak24gege; Wed Jan 1, 2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Really comfortable win. Cavs suck but our defense is pretty good. Raps created a lot of good looks, and they made a lot more than they have been lately.

OG coming off the bench was a surprise but it worked. Was 2-3 from 3, and looked more comfortable on offense. Again the Cavs suck, especially at defense.. but it was nice for him to get back. We'll have to continue to rely on him.

Fred was trying too hard to get into the paint and missing. He was fine but we were playing a bad team. I think he could have been better. He lead the team in assists but had 4 turnovers and 5 fouls. Some of those fouls were just dumb ones. He was also complaining the most to the refs. Got a tech as well. The steadiness is why we fell in love with him. Not as steady as I'd like him to be.. especially if we think he should deserve a $20M contract in the summer.

Lowry was great again. I love when his shot is going down. He becomes such a lethal player when it happens.

McCaw is not a good defender IMO, but he's been quietly decent on offense. Never tries to hard, but he's making his open 3's... and that's all we really want from him. But even though he's playing well (so to speak), I'm still looking forward to when Pascal and Norm get back so McCaw's minutes go down to garbage time minutes (hopefully).

TD was awesome. I hope he makes the rookie/soph game. The first all-rookie team is unlikely but the second team may be a possibility. Just needs consistent minutes. So if I'm looking forward to Pascal and Norm getting backing to reduce McCaw's minutes, I'm a bit worried that it might suppress TD's. I love when he's on the floor. He makes mistakes but he has no fear. I love NBA players with no fear (if they're good).

Serge did well with keeping Tristan off the boards. TT ended up with 11 boards, but he's so tenacious that he could get 18-20. Was also a really good paint presence. Kept his fouls in check. Was really efficient.

Again, overall a great game, but a really crappy opponent. These 3 games 4 night situations suck. Especially since they are so banged up. Took a quick glance at the schedule and those rest days seem to be coming up soon. Only 2 B2B's in January. Only one of those has a 3 in 4 situation.

Happy New Year/Decade to everyone! Hope everyone stays safe.

Comment

3 pages. We’re like Boucher setting a new record in every game but in reverse. Expect to see everyone and more for the Heat game. Safe rest of the night for everyone.

Comment

This game was over before it started. Never felt like the Raps were even trying that hard.

Comment

nba_4_life wrote: View Post

a bit annoying for me
              Jack's always a bit annoying to me....mostly just his voice lol
              Seriously, the goofy drunk act is just so old now.

I went to see the new Star Wars movie (save your money unless you're a big fan of the franchise imo) and then to a new year's party so missed the entire game.

How bad a team do you have to lose by 20 to a team that's basically Lowry and a bunch of guys (apologies to FVV and ....no, that's it)
              Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jan 1, 2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

FVV 3-8 from 3 and 1 - 6 on 2 pt shots. I've said before, Fred should stick to 3's only. lol

Happy New Year to all and a much healthier one for our injury prone Raptors
                He still takes too many of those drives where he puts his head down and hopes for a foul or a prayer.

Comment

Norm was like: "I was playing the best basketball of my career & im still injured! don't talk to me about happiness!"

Comment

Enough New Years hangover. We need a Heat thread

Comment

Game Day!

Giannis had 32 points and 17 rebounds last night and recorded his 30th dbl-dbl () in 33 games but the Bucks barely beat the TimberPups 106-104

Comment

Not a fan of OG coming off the bench, hot shooting notwithstanding (not convinced there's a causation there). Hopefully a single game event and not a long term thing.

Starters were predictably poor, but against the Cavs it doesn't matter, just have too much talent over 48 minutes in that matchup.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Not a fan of OG coming off the bench, hot shooting notwithstanding (not convinced there's a causation there). Hopefully a single game event and not a long term thing.

Starters were predictably poor, but against the Cavs it doesn't matter, just have too much talent over 48 minutes in that matchup.
                          I'm an OG fan but honestly, he's been given a lot of rope and patience and it's time to step up. You have to constantly remember that he's only 22 (hence the patience) but shouldn't automatically be given a starter's role over other guys who are busting their butts.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Nurse was worried about rebounding for most part. OG at the 4 against Love or Thompson was going to be rough so it was smart to start RHJ instead. With Gasol and Siakam back doubt that it will happen again but who knows
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Nurse was worried about rebounding for most part. OG at the 4 against Love or Thompson was going to be rough so it was smart to start RHJ instead. With Gasol and Siakam back doubt that it will happen again but who knows
                              OG at PF didn't work last year and doesn't seem to work this year. There was that game vs the Pacers where we had OG & Serge trying to matchup with Sabonis and Turner. That's where you needed to start Boucher at PF, or sub out OG early. Turner was just shooting right over him. That was a winnable game that went to overtime. But hey.... we had to make room for McCaw.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I have never once advocated for playing OG at the 4, he should be playing at the 3 full time and getting spot minutes as a huge 2. None of that would interfere with starting RHJ at the 4 to help with rebounding.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X