Game #35: Toronto Raptors 76 - Miami Heat 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #35: Toronto Raptors 76 - Miami Heat 84

Hope everyone had a nice New Year break. Well it's time to kick off 2020 with another game.

Tonight the Raptors face the Miami Heat.

The Raptors are 23-11 and are currently 4th in the Eastern Conference. The Heat are 24-9 and are currently 3rd. The last time they played, the Heat won in O/T 121-110. Norm hit a 3 to take a lead by 1 before Jimmy hit 1 of 2 free throws. Raptors could not score with plenty of time left on the clock. Heat took advantage and went on a big run in O/T to seal it.

Miami are coming off a loss to the Wizards. The Raptors beat the Cavs on New Year's eve. Miami was without Goran Dragic in the last time they played but should be available tonight.

Potential starters:
    Toronto Raptors: Lowry, VanVleet, McCaw, Anunoby, Ibaka
    Miami Heat: Nunn, Robinson, Butler, Leonard, Adebayo

Looking forward to the start of another beautiful year.

Let's go Raptors!

lol. Great job, PM. I never knew that movie even existed, but it's like the perfect gif for this situation.

Comment

Game day!
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This would be a perfect game for FVV to step up and prove he's worth $20M+, instead of just being an inefficient version of Patty Mills with a green light.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          This would be a perfect game for FVV to step up and prove he's worth $20M+, instead of just being an inefficient version of Patty Mills with a green light.
          Patty Mills signed a 12.5M deal at age 29 in a 99M salary cap. FVV will be age 27 in a projected 116M salary cap. Just pro-rating it up to the cap leaves FVV's Mills comparable at 15M per year. The extra few million comes from a) he is younger and mid-peak instead of late peak, and b) actually grading out as a measurably better defender than Mills, and c) players get paid for point totals, and FVV is capable of volume scoring that Mills could only dream of because Mills doesn't put up the minutes (which is also of great value).

Now, if we want Fred to step up and put up good efficiency on high usage and also create offence for others - yeah, that's when you start preparing that max offer, not low 20's.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I've been hearing the $25M number a lot for Fred.. I think that's insane. Brogdon's contract should be the highest he gets.. and he averages $21.5. I hope Masai and Bobby are using Brodgon as a ceiling and are looking at something closer to Rozier's numbers. A 3 year deal around $18-19M a year would be ideal IMO.

Giving Lowry that 1 year extension may have been a way to bring Fred's numbers down a bit. We have some leverage since Lowry is definitely back next year.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Patty Mills signed a 12.5M deal at age 29 in a 99M salary cap. FVV will be age 27 in a projected 116M salary cap. Just pro-rating it up to the cap leaves FVV's Mills comparable at 15M per year. The extra few million comes from a) he is younger and mid-peak instead of late peak, and b) actually grading out as a measurably better defender than Mills, and c) players get paid for point totals, and FVV is capable of volume scoring that Mills could only dream of because Mills doesn't put up the minutes (which is also of great value).

Now, if we want Fred to step up and put up good efficiency on high usage and also create offence for others - yeah, that's when you start preparing that max offer, not low 20's.
              Nurse loves guards... if Mills were here, he'd be playing 35MPG and scoring just as inefficiently as Fred. I mean, we have McCaw starting and running the point, ffs. The injury to Pascal was a real opportunity for FVV show everybody how valuable he really is, but he looks like nothing more than an inefficient volume scorer. What's his FG% since Pascal got hurt... probably under 40%, I would guess. FVV is basically just getting an unconditional green light and the benefit of the incredible safety blanket that is Kyle Lowry to bail him out when he gets stuck trying to create in the half-court.

There's a reason why we extended Lowry. Masai wants to win, and Fred is in no way, shape or form ready to take over the lead PG duties from Kyle.

Comment

haha they have Sandra Bullocks and Melissa McCarthy's pictures backwards to their names above. At first glance I thought whoa, Sandra Bullock has put on a few pounds

Comment

Game Day!
                  Do you really think OG starts today (have lineups been posted?) or will he come off the bench again?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Game Day!
                    Do you really think OG starts today (have lineups been posted?) or will he come off the bench again?
                    We'll find out closer to game time. I have OG in the lineup but that's just a guess in the OP. He played well against Cleveland. So thought he'd get his spot back.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

We'll find out closer to game time. I have OG in the lineup but that's just a guess in the OP. He played well against Cleveland. So thought he'd get his spot back.
                      I was thinking he played well so they'd have him come off the bench again

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        haha they have Sandra Bullocks and Melissa McCarthy's pictures backwards to their names above. At first glance I thought whoa, Sandra Bullock has put on a few pounds
                        Why Don't Movie Poster Names EVER Line Up?!

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Why Don't Movie Poster Names EVER Line Up?!

I assume the bigger name star has the movie contractually obligated to show their name first on posters/in the credits etc. Why the pictures don't match is funny, maybe to create discussion

Comment

the names get reverse so you will actually examine the poster. If they lined up your brain would not notice the incongruity and the poster would barely register
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Also I think we extended Lowry both as a thank you and to make him more tradeable.

By the deadline we should have an idea which direction we are headed. We have 70 million in expiring deals that are easily tradeable and 35 million more in Lowry that is also easily tradeable
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X