Everything All Star 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't think Butler leap frogs Embiid. He might get the player and media vote, but so will Embiid. If anything Butler leaps over Pascal.
    I think the players respect Butler more then Embiid. He might get hurt with the media due to his checkerd past tho so you may be right. Embiid hasn't actually had that good of a season for his standards
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
      All Star game isn't about playing or starting the best players....it's about popularity, raw offensive numbers, often large markets and who can perform/entertain during a game that has little to no relation to the normal NBA product....

In the no-touch version, pretty soon the NBA will sell it out to a straight up sponsor like Nike or Apple and all players will play in costume or capes like the dunk contest....

It's one step away from predetermined outcomes and bringing in the Harlem Globetrotters as the opposition.
      The game it's self is meaningless besides the 5 or highlights. I actually enjoy saturday night the most but being selected still means alot to players HOF chances and contract incentives. Thats why i think they should still select based on merit (Kyle, Kemba) then who will be the most exciting in the game (Trae, Kyrie).

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think the players respect Butler more then Embiid. He might get hurt with the media due to his checkerd past tho so you may be right. Embiid hasn't actually had that good of a season for his standards
        I doubt Embiid gets Drummond's or Towns's vote lol

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

I doubt Embiid gets Drummond's or Towns's vote lol
          I'm not sure Jimmy is getting Wiggin's or Kat's either

Comment

The game it's self is meaningless besides the 5 or highlights. I actually enjoy saturday night the most but being selected still means alot to players HOF chances and contract incentives. Thats why i think they should still select based on merit (Kyle, Kemba) then who will be the most exciting in the game (Trae, Kyrie).
            You have a good point there but I think what should happen and what does happen are distant cousins or

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm not sure Jimmy is getting Wiggin's or Kat's either
              I dunno... I think those 2 might be scared Jimmy will find out they didn't vote for him and he will come to Minnesota and beat them up

Comment

For sure. The players always vote for established all-stars and legends. If was only up to the players, even Melo would get in..... on merit. Pascal won't get much love from the players.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

For sure. The players always vote for established all-stars and legends. If was only up to the players, even Melo would get in..... on merit. Pascal won't get much love from the players.
                  I dunno i think pascal has lots of friends in the league from basically living at rico hines summer runs

Comment

Pascal starting.
                    Kyle misses.
                    Players had beal as 2nd guard media had Trae

Comment

• Ben Simmons or Kyle Lowry should be the other guard not Trae Young. Smh.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Ben Simmons or Kyle Lowry should be the other guard not Trae Young. Smh.
                        Ya Undeserved for Trae

Comment

• Like I said a few posts back, "All Star game isn't about playing or starting the best players....it's about popularity, raw offensive numbers"
                          Trae having a "great" season according to some flawed metrics

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Like I said a few posts back, "All Star game isn't about playing or starting the best players....it's about popularity, raw offensive numbers"
                            Trae having a "great" season according to some flawed metrics
                            Doncic should have made the team last season then and booker should have made 1 by now to. Last place teams in the league dont deserve all stars

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Ben Simmons or Kyle Lowry should be the other guard not Trae Young. Smh.
                              Simmons, Lowry, or Butler shoulda been at Guard.

Doesn't 4 straight All-Star games seem a bit much for Kemba? I mean he's pretty good, but speaking kind of vaguely I'd say he's 1 or 2 All-Star appearances good. 4 is getting to another level of player. Or just a weak era for East guards, I guess.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Doncic should have made the team last season then and booker should have made 1 by now to. Last place teams in the league dont deserve all stars
                                I guess your fans still have to vote for you lol

Comment

Working...
                                X