No announcement yet.

Everything All Star 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Trae is going to get knocked out of the starting lineup by media and players. Saw a quote that summed up him perfectly.

"Trae is the type of guy who your playing pickup your down 11-2, He hit 4 threes in a row and bring your team back in the game, your team still loses and he feels really good about himself, he says lets run it back but his team mates say naah im good".
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Its weighted. It helps right the egregious wrongs that fans make. Here's an example last years results. The media and players helped Kemba get in and knock out Dwyane Wade. It actually may have an outside shot to get Kyle Lowry in, depending on how the media and players rank Trae Young:
      Eastern Conference Backcourt (First column fan rank, second column player rank, third media rank. Fourth is average weighted)
      1. *Kyrie Irving (Boston) 1 1 1 1.0
      2. *Kemba Walker (Charlotte) 3 2 2 2.5
      3. Dwyane Wade (Miami) 2 6 6 4.0
      4. Ben Simmons (Philadelphia) 4 5 3 4.0
      5. Victor Oladipo (Indiana) 5 4 4 4.5
      6. Kyle Lowry (Toronto) 6 7 7 6.5
      7. Bradley Beal (Washington) 10 3 5 7.0
      8. Zach LaVine (Chicago) 7 8 8 7.5
      9. D’Angelo Russell (Brooklyn) 11 10 8 10.0
      10. Eric Bledsoe (Milwaukee) 16 8 8 12.0
      Thanks! So they aren't actually weighted based on the number of votes, just raw ranking.

Comment

So if Kyle is 5th by fans.. and media and players vote 2 and 2 respectively.. than he will have an average rating of (5+5+2+2) / 4 = 3.5

And if 3.5 is the second highest total he'll be a starter. It's possible.

Comment

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...nba-star-game/

Fun fact:
          If Siakam is named an all-star starter on Thursday, the Raptors would be the only NBA team to have a player in the starting lineup of every all-star game since 2015. Kyle Lowry started in 2015 and 2016, DeMar DeRozan started in 2017 and 2018, and Kawhi Leonard started in 2019.

Comment

The key for Siakam is to finish 2nd in all star voting.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Zach Lowe posts his all-star selections:
              https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...iggest-debates

In the East he has:
              Kemba, Kyle, Giannis, Jimmy and Embiid as starters.
              Simmons, Siakam, Adebayo, Sabonis, Middleton, Young and Brown as his reserves.

Comment

If we could only have 1 all star starter. I think i would choose Kyle. To be honest Pascal has had alot of down games lately and might hurt his media/players vote. But i just love to see the salt from other teams fans when Kyle get accolades. Kyrie is not going to get love from the player/media after his comments last week and the media guys who are publishing there votes today, lots of them are leaving Trae completly off their teams. I think Kyle has a pretty good shot the start to be honest

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  I think Trae is going to get knocked out of the starting lineup by media and players. Saw a quote that summed up him perfectly.

"Trae is the type of guy who your playing pickup your down 11-2, He hit 4 threes in a row and bring your team back in the game, your team still loses and he feels really good about himself, he says lets run it back but his team mates say naah im good".
                  yet in the same podcast all three of simmons, rusillo and joe house had trae young as an all star and left kyle off with barely a mention.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Zach Lowe posts his all-star selections:
                    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...iggest-debates

In the East he has:
                    Kemba, Kyle, Giannis, Jimmy and Embiid as starters.
                    Simmons, Siakam, Adebayo, Sabonis, Middleton, Young and Brown as his reserves.
                    Do you know why he's picking reserves? Do they rank 10 players and those rankings all count, or rank 6 forwards and 4 guards? Or is he just doing it for fun?

Do coaches pick the reserves now with this kind of ranking? Or do they wait to see the starters, and then vote?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Do you know why he's picking reserves? Do they rank 10 players and those rankings all count, or rank 6 forwards and 4 guards? Or is he just doing it for fun

Do coaches pick the reserves now with this kind of ranking? Or do they wait to see the starters, and then vote?
                      My understanding is they only pick the 5 starters

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Do you know why he's picking reserves? Do they rank 10 players and those rankings all count, or rank 6 forwards and 4 guards? Or is he just doing it for fun?

Zach Lowe does it every year.. for fun.

Fans, Media and players vote for the starters. It's a 50/25/25 split. So those 5 are Zach's personal votes.

Coach's vote for the reserves. And its still 3 forwards, 2 guards, and 2 utility players (ie, either guard or forward). If there is an injury than Adam Silver will find a replacement.

Comment

All Star game isn't about playing or starting the best players....it's about popularity, raw offensive numbers, often large markets and who can perform/entertain during a game that has little to no relation to the normal NBA product....

In the no-touch version, pretty soon the NBA will sell it out to a straight up sponsor like Nike or Apple and all players will play in costume or capes like the dunk contest....

It's one step away from predetermined outcomes and bringing in the Harlem Globetrotters as the opposition.

Comment

If we could only have 1 all star starter. I think i would choose Kyle. To be honest Pascal has had alot of down games lately and might hurt his media/players vote. But i just love to see the salt from other teams fans when Kyle get accolades. Kyrie is not going to get love from the player/media after his comments last week and the media guys who are publishing there votes today, lots of them are leaving Trae completly off their teams. I think Kyle has a pretty good shot the start to be honest
                            Kyle has been the best, most valuable, whatever Raptor this year
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Predictions- Kemba,Kyle,Giannis, Butler, Pascal
                              Doncic, Harden, Lebron, Kawhi, AD

Comment

Predictions- Kemba,Kyle,Giannis, Butler, Pascal
                                Doncic, Harden, Lebron, Kawhi, AD
                                I don't think Butler leap frogs Embiid. He might get the player and media vote, but so will Embiid. If anything Butler leaps over Pascal.

Comment

Working...
                                X