No announcement yet.

Everything All Star 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would media and players vote for Irving? He’s barely played and his team stinks. And he’s a twit.

Coaches won’t be picking him either.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Why would media and players vote for Irving? He’s barely played and his team stinks. And he’s a twit.

He sits out every sore hamstring, headache and hangnail. He can sit out "popular kid weekend" aka all star too
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

He sits out every sore hamstring, headache and hangnail. He can sit out "popular kid weekend" aka all star too
        You had to know that in a writeoff year as they wait for Durant, Irving was going to take a ton of games off for any reason whatsoever. Dude has no heart/drive

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Why would media and players vote for Irving? He’s barely played and his team stinks. And he’s a twit.

I heard a clip of some gasbag (Kellerman maybe) going on about how Irving is the most skilled player in the NBA. Irving still has a lot of support in the media as some "superstar" player. He has never been that. He was a decent sidekick for Lebron (like Robin to Love's Nightwing). Without James, Irving has accomplished nothing.

Just a thought experiment. Put Walker, Lowry or Simmons on Brooklyn and ask yourself if they'd be 18-25. Hell, put Russell back on that team and what would their record be?

Comment

• Irving would have been elite in 1999. He's a slightly worse version of Iverson (albeit with half the "heart", tenacity, and desire..which probably would have held him back even then)

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You had to know that in a writeoff year as they wait for Durant, Irving was going to take a ton of games off for any reason whatsoever. Dude has no heart/drive
              That's the thing thats funny to me. I don't think they were approaching it like this. Dinwiddie, Harris, Levert and Kyrie should be a team fighting for a 5 or 6 seed. They took a game of the sixers last year and played them pretty tough every game. I think they were expecting to be a above 500 team with a outside chance at making the 2nd round. Then when the started slow and kyries ability started to be questioned. Kyrie was like fuck this it's a building year. Expect him to miss another long stretch of games. He doesn't want this falling directly on him. If he miss 30+ games he can use that as an excuse
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

That's the thing thats funny to me. I don't think they were approaching it like this. Dinwiddie, Harris, Levert and Kyrie should be a team fighting for a 5 or 6 seed. They took a game of the sixers last year and played them pretty tough every game. I think they were expecting to be a above 500 team with a outside chance at making the 2nd round. Then when the started slow and kyries ability started to be questioned. Kyrie was like fuck this it's a building year. Expect him to miss another long stretch of games. He doesn't want this falling directly on him. If he miss 30+ games he can use that as an excuse
                Great leadership. The "other guys" grinded their ass off last year. Adding Kyrie alone should have vaulted them into the conversation with the rest of us in the top 6. But he'd rather make excuses and wait for his superman to show up and make a superteam. It's all he knows, having a Lebron or a KD to win big

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I heard a clip of some gasbag (Kellerman maybe) going on about how Irving is the most skilled player in the NBA. Irving still has a lot of support in the media as some "superstar" player. He has never been that. He was a decent sidekick for Lebron (like Robin to Love's Nightwing). Without James, Irving has accomplished nothing.
                  Yeah, but the media still generally votes "the right way" (stats + winning - games not played), plus a little bias for "home" players and ones that are truly exciting.

Comment

Great leadership. The "other guys" grinded their ass off last year. Adding Kyrie alone should have vaulted them into the conversation with the rest of us in the top 6. But he'd rather make excuses and wait for his superman to show up and make a superteam. It's all he knows, having a Lebron or a KD to win big
                    Well, they better pray Durant is 100% next season. I mean, lots of seven feet tall, elite athletes who have played hundreds of games and are over 30 come back just fine from having their achilles tendon ripped in half. Right?

Comment

Has the be the worst leader of any star guard in the league right now.

Comment

• Vogel is the coach for Team Lebron already. The coach's are decided after all games played on Feb 2. If he loses every game until then, they would in theory be tied for 1st with Utah.. but are leading the head 2 head.

Bud was coach last year so is exempt.

Let's try to get Nurse in there.

So looking at games left from now until Feb 2:

Toronto: @NY, @SAS, Atlanta, @Cleveland, @Detroit, Chicago
                        Miami: LAC, Orlando, Boston, @Orlando
                        Boston: @Orlando, @NO, @Miami, GSW, Philly

I'm not including Philly or Indiana. Just don't think they have a shot.

We have 2 games advantage over Miami, and 1 over Boston. I think this is doable. Only concern is both Miami and Boston have the tie breakers. So need to outpace both. But our schedule is super easy.

Comment

• I assume Zion won't be picked to play in the rookie-soph game, any chance he might want to do the dunk comp so he can still be part of his first AS weekend?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Well, they better pray Durant is 100% next season. I mean, lots of seven feet tall, elite athletes who have played hundreds of games and are over 30 come back just fine from having their achilles tendon ripped in half. Right?
                            Agreed, but with that said, a 60% Durant is a bona fide all star, a 80% Durant is still a top 10 player.

he'll make them better regardless, the question is will he get back to being the most unstoppable player in the nba, which he was at the time

Comment

Agreed, but with that said, a 60% Durant is a bona fide all star, a 80% Durant is still a top 10 player.

he'll make them better regardless, the question is will he get back to being the most unstoppable player in the nba, which he was at the time
                              Durant couldn't get it done with westbrook. Although maybe if he stayed in OKC they would have eventually dethroned the warriors. Is a Durant-Irving lead team any better then a KD-Westbrook where KD is 3 years older and has a surgical repaired Achilles?
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Durant couldn't get it done with westbrook. Although maybe if he stayed in OKC they would have eventually dethroned the warriors. Is a Durant-Irving lead team any better then a KD-Westbrook where KD is 3 years older and has a surgical repaired Achilles?
                                Yes, because Irving can hit 3's and is clutch. Westbrook isn't. Spacing matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X