Everything All Star 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Durant couldn't get it done with westbrook. Although maybe if he stayed in OKC they would have eventually dethroned the warriors. Is a Durant-Irving lead team any better then a KD-Westbrook where KD is 3 years older and has a surgical repaired Achilles?
    yeah, westbrook doesn't mesh with other stars. And Durant was getting it done in spite of that, just running into prime lebron and prime warriors. A couple bounces different and the thunder could have and should have been the 2016 nba champions...but they weren't, and what followed changed nba history
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yes, because Irving can hit 3's and is clutch. Westbrook isn't. Spacing matters.

I love Patrick Beverly. Throwback to the old days

Comment

• Durant will still be an elite offensive player. It's the defense that I'd be concerned with. If KD is not as mobile and Kyrie is the point of attack, Brooklyn is going to need a lot of 3&D help to surround those two guys. Dinwiddie and Harris are not defensive guys. Jordan is washed up. So yeah lots of work for the FO to make that a good team.

I'm skeptical but the media pundits will rank them #1 or #2 in the East even before the season starts.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Vogel is the coach for Team Lebron already. The coach's are decided after all games played on Feb 2. If he loses every game until then, they would in theory be tied for 1st with Utah.. but are leading the head 2 head.

Bud was coach last year so is exempt.

Let's try to get Nurse in there.

So looking at games left from now until Feb 2:

Toronto: @NY, @SAS, Atlanta, @Cleveland, @Detroit, Chicago
          Miami: LAC, Orlando, Boston, @Orlando
          Boston: @Orlando, @NO, @Miami, GSW, Philly

I'm not including Philly or Indiana. Just don't think they have a shot.

We have 2 games advantage over Miami, and 1 over Boston. I think this is doable. Only concern is both Miami and Boston have the tie breakers. So need to outpace both. But our schedule is super easy.
          Yeah let's get Nurse in there and coaching team Giannis to start the tampering now.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kyrie Irving is an elite ball handler and elite finishing high degree of difficulty scoring attempts. That's about it. He's horrible on defence. He doesn't help his team win, ever. He's a locker room problem.

He also makes highlight reel plays all the time and is one of those guys that's just fun to watch. Plus he was a #1 draft pick. He's coasting on those fumes.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Kyrie Irving is an elite ball handler and elite finishing high degree of difficulty scoring attempts. That's about it. He's horrible on defence. He doesn't help his team win, ever. He's a locker room problem.

He also makes highlight reel plays all the time and is one of those guys that's just fun to watch. Plus he was a #1 draft pick. He's coasting on those fumes.
              He's basically a poor mans trae young with a poor attitude. lol.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Kyrie Irving is an elite ball handler and elite finishing high degree of difficulty scoring attempts. That's about it. He's horrible on defence. He doesn't help his team win, ever. He's a locker room problem.

I see a lot of Trae Young in him. Young is very splashy and can get a lot of points or assists. But is a turnstile on defense, and really doesn't help you win. He's also now an all-star starter. I'll take Kyle Lowry over these guys any day. Lowry is hardly splashy but he helps you win. Same with Chris Paul.

Comment

I see a lot of Trae Young in him. Young is very splashy and can get a lot of points or assists. But is a turnstile on defense, and really doesn't help you win. He's also now an all-star starter. I'll take Kyle Lowry over these guys any day. Lowry is hardly splashy but he helps you win. Same with Chris Paul.
                  Don't let T Rex here you say that. Lowry is pretty trash. Where's his shoe deal?

Comment

Durant will still be an elite offensive player. It's the defense that I'd be concerned with. If KD is not as mobile and Kyrie is the point of attack, Brooklyn is going to need a lot of 3&D help to surround those two guys. Dinwiddie and Harris are not defensive guys. Jordan is washed up. So yeah lots of work for the FO to make that a good team.

I'm skeptical but the media pundits will rank them #1 or #2 in the East even before the season starts.
                    Agreed. The media will very badly want Brooklyn vs Warriors with the teams having recovered from injured players. Still, I doubt they take over the Battle for LA narrative

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Don't let T Rex here you say that. Lowry is pretty trash. Where's his shoe deal?
                      You really think of me everytime you post eh? lmao

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Marks was doing everything right to turn that franchise around in the wake of that disastrous trade. And then he got kyrie. I guess theyre hoping that having durant will quell kyrie's desire to be a leader, but durant isnt really a leader either. Maybe it works out, but adding durant alone may have been enough with the other players they have. I dont know, I think they f'd up there. Kyrie is a bum.

Comment

Durant will still be an elite offensive player. It's the defense that I'd be concerned with. If KD is not as mobile and Kyrie is the point of attack, Brooklyn is going to need a lot of 3&D help to surround those two guys. Dinwiddie and Harris are not defensive guys. Jordan is washed up. So yeah lots of work for the FO to make that a good team.

According to this article, KD will lose explosiveness and become more of a jump shooter. Sounds like a more athletic Dirk, which is still pretty darn good.

https://fansided.com/2019/07/01/nylo...y-klay-durant/

Comment

• "based on a model of the experiences of 36 NBA players who have had season ending Achilles tendon injuries since 2000-2001"

1/ How many of these players were Kevin Durant level?
                            Zero? One?

2/ How have the surgical procedures and rehab changed in the last 20 years?

I'd never count that snake out lol

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              Marks was doing everything right to turn that franchise around in the wake of that disastrous trade. And then he got kyrie. I guess theyre hoping that having durant will quell kyrie's desire to be a leader, but durant isnt really a leader either. Maybe it works out, but adding durant alone may have been enough with the other players they have. I dont know, I think they f'd up there. Kyrie is a bum.
                              Don't like Kyrie at all but if your an NBA franchise especially one like the nets you can get Durant you do it whatever they want. Including signing his buddy. The funniest thing about this whole situation is Kevin didn't even take a meeting with Brooklyn according to accounts Durant just announced where he was going on instagram. And Brklyn was like ok sweet! Although maybe Kyrie had gave them some promise Kevin was coming with him i find it hilarious he just said im going to Brooklyn for a max without any contact with the franchise.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                "based on a model of the experiences of 36 NBA players who have had season ending Achilles tendon injuries since 2000-2001"

1/ How many of these players were Kevin Durant level?
                                Zero? One?

2/ How have the surgical procedures and rehab changed in the last 20 years?

I'd never count that snake out lol
                                Ya and KD doesn't really rely on atheltisim to get his baskets. Maybe his defense decline but you doesn't need to be very athletic to be 7 footer that can just rise up and shoot over you when ever he wants. If anything his scoring might go up if he takes more 3s instead of drives
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X