Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #36: Toronto Raptors 121 - Brooklyn Nets 102

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phew....
    Despite the injury scares, Toronto Raptors head coach Nick Nurse says neither Serge Ibaka or Fred VanVleet suffered anything serious in the team’s win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday.

    Comment


    • Kawhi load management game - but Knicks are right in it with the Clippers - Harrell, George, and LouWill all with 30+

      Comment


      • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Kawhi load management game - but Knicks are right in it with the Clippers - Harrell, George, and LouWill all with 30+
        Knicks of course couldn't pull it out.

        Clips record now at 25 - 12.

        Looking (far) ahead...

        If we can beat the Blazers in our next game we'll have the same record as Kawhi and Co. and be tied with them in the race for home court advantage in the Finals.

        Comment


        • Raptor 10 day contract potential
          https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...tors-consider/

          Comment


          • By my count 12 of the next 14 games are against teams under 500. The two games against teams with winning records are OKC and Philly.

            Comment


            • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              By my count 12 of the next 14 games are against teams under 500. The two games against teams with winning records are OKC and Philly.
              Should have been time for a nice run if we were at full strength. A lot fewer gimmes with this roster imo

              Comment


              • Real nice to see the shooting come around in the second half. Good thing the Nets stopped being amazing three point line defenders like they were in the first half.

                Lowry is so great. Hope we get healthy soon, he's going to run himself into the ground like 2014-15 when DeMar was out around the same time of year.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • This sucks.

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post
                    Real nice to see the shooting come around in the second half. Good thing the Nets stopped being amazing three point line defenders like they were in the first half.

                    Lowry is so great. Hope we get healthy soon, he's going to run himself into the ground like 2014-15 when DeMar was out around the same time of year.
                    But Lowry's already had a long break from playing, this year. And it was just a thumb injury, so he should have plenty in the tank to keep up this pace until some reinforcements get back. The more he plays, the better he seems to shoot, IMO.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post

                      But Lowry's already had a long break from playing, this year. And it was just a thumb injury, so he should have plenty in the tank to keep up this pace until some reinforcements get back. The more he plays, the better he seems to shoot, IMO.
                      Oh, I agree, long breaks screw up his shooting sometimes. Still a little concerned about the heavy minutes combined with the high usage. 40 minutes on 25% usage (plus 33% assist rate). That's a lot, no matter what, and Lowry is 5 years older than he was last time.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post

                        Oh, I agree, long breaks screw up his shooting sometimes. Still a little concerned about the heavy minutes combined with the high usage. 40 minutes on 25% usage (plus 33% assist rate). That's a lot, no matter what, and Lowry is 5 years older than he was last time.
                        Meh, Lowry loves putting up big numbers early in the season to secure his all-star spot... which is a surefire lock this year (dumbass fan-voting aside). In some ways, the injury to Pascal was a boon to show the world that he's still got "it". Lowry looks happy and rejuvenated and he's getting his due this year. And finally, he's only directing his anger towards the other team instead of his coach, his teammates and Masai.

                        The key will be to find the right balance between Lowry, Pascal and FVV and of course, have everyone healthy going into April, May & June. We didn't get to see Pascal and Lowry operating together at their peaks yet. And I'm really looking forward to the Lowry/Pascal + RHJ/TD/Boucher unit. That group has the potential to wreak absolute havoc.

                        Comment


                        • golden wrote: View Post

                          Meh, Lowry loves putting up big numbers early in the season to secure his all-star spot... which is a surefire lock this year (dumbass fan-voting aside). In some ways, the injury to Pascal was a boon to show the world that he's still got "it". Lowry looks happy and rejuvenated and he's getting his due this year. And finally, he's only directing his anger towards the other team instead of his coach, his teammates and Masai.
                          The point of this paragraph I think was to say Lowry is playing good, but bolded 3 times you managed to either give a back handed compliment, a sneaky insult, or just an outright passive aggressive insult.

                          never change, golden!
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post
                            This sucks.

                            Fuuuuuuudge we the cursed

                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post

                              Meh, Lowry loves putting up big numbers early in the season to secure his all-star spot... which is a surefire lock this year (dumbass fan-voting aside). In some ways, the injury to Pascal was a boon to show the world that he's still got "it". Lowry looks happy and rejuvenated and he's getting his due this year. And finally, he's only directing his anger towards the other team instead of his coach, his teammates and Masai.

                              The key will be to find the right balance between Lowry, Pascal and FVV and of course, have everyone healthy going into April, May & June. We didn't get to see Pascal and Lowry operating together at their peaks yet. And I'm really looking forward to the Lowry/Pascal + RHJ/TD/Boucher unit. That group has the potential to wreak absolute havoc.
                              Yeah, I have no problem with the choice to play Lowry so much and have him carry the load, it's what's best for the team right now. Just hoping we get healthy before it bites us.

                              We may not see that lineup. Those bench guys hopefully keep getting used together, but in terms of offence this team needs to use its bench minutes to rest one of Lowry or Siakam (or both but those minutes would suck). But we'll likely keep seeing Lowry+bench, probably with Serge (Boucher at PF hopefully, to keep him in the rotation once Gasol is back, or at C in the meantime but probably with a FVV or OG rather than a Siakam out with them). Siakam + bench should be way better once we stick to using those three, because he will have FVV to space the floor for him - unfortunately Serge complicates things there because Siakam at the 3 with Boucher and Serge is tough on spacing too.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                                The point of this paragraph I think was to say Lowry is playing good, but bolded 3 times you managed to either give a back handed compliment, a sneaky insult, or just an outright passive aggressive insult.

                                never change, golden!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X