Game #37: Portland Trailblazers 101 Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

It's the other people who expected more, like: (a) OG will be in the running for MIP. (b) FVV is an all-star and will get a max offer in the off-season. If you want to call them deranged, so be it, but it's pretty obvious that my expectations were much closer to the truth.
    Who was saying fvv would be a max contract all star? Hes exceeded almost every expectation, most of all YOUR expectations lol
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Who was saying fvv would be a max contract all star? Hes exceeded almost every expectation, most of all YOUR expectations lol
      Go back about 1 month or so. There were a lot of people saying FVV should be an all-star and that we need to lock him up now (even though we can't), because he could get the max. Even the mainstream media had some articles speculating that. And especially when Lowry just came back, it was all about how we need to trade Lowry ASAP and lock up FVV as our starting PG of the future, no matter what the cost.

You are bang on, though, Keon. My expectations for both guys were modest... and yes, they have exceed MY expectations. In the case of FVV, the price should reflect that modesty. If some dumbass GM is willing to overpay FVV in off-season, then I'm 100% comfortable moving forward with Lowry, Terence Davis and whatever other gem Masai/Tolzman/Bobby can find. Backup PG is the easiest position to fill in the NBA.
      Last edited by golden; Wed Jan 8th, 2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Your bias against my bias is stronger, because you obviously haven't been paying attention.

My thoughts on OG's ceiling, going back to pre-season, was that if he could reach peak Otto Porter, i.e., an efficient 3 & D spot-up wing, then we should all be happy. People thought that was an insult, but it's pretty accurate. He was doing that earlier this year, but with tighter coverage since Pascal & Gasol went down, he's been sputtering. He's playing more like: after-he-got-paid Otto Porter.

And I kept saying that FVV seems to need Pascal or else his impact & efficiency drops off significantly and that's exactly what happened. And he's been wildly inconsistent.

Neither of those 2 predictions or observations were/are scandalous. They are what they are ..... the truth.

It's the other people who expected more, like: (a) OG will be in the running for MIP. (b) FVV is an all-star and will get a max offer in the off-season. If you want to call them deranged, so be it, but it's pretty obvious that my expectations were much closer to the truth.
        It is far to early to know whether OG's ceiling is Otto Porter. That's simply a guess on your part. As for people's expectations for OG this season, it's a bit strange to make declarations without context. For example, if the Raps were 100% healthy, OG would almost certainly have better production and results.

As for FVV, the entire team needs Pascal Siakam. FVV is not unique in that regard. As for his consistency, we must be watching different sports. he was an absolute engine while Lowry and Ibaka were out and, while he's struggled shooting in a few games since coming off the injury, his other numbers are pretty uniform.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It is far to early to know whether OG's ceiling is Otto Porter. That's simply a guess on your part. As for people's expectations for OG this season, it's a bit strange to make declarations without context. For example, if the Raps were 100% healthy, OG would almost certainly have better production and results.

As for FVV, the entire team needs Pascal Siakam. FVV is not unique in that regard. As for his consistency, we must be watching different sports. he was an absolute engine while Lowry and Ibaka were out and, while he's struggled shooting in a few games since coming off the injury, his other numbers are pretty uniform.
          That's the problem with you, slaw. You don't actually read people's posts. You skim quickly for part of a sentence that ticks you off and then you respond impulsively. I never said OG's ceiling was Otto Porter. I said.... if peak Otto Porter is OG's ceiling, then we should be happy with that. I'm hoping he exceeds that, but that's an expectation we should be incredibly satisfied with, considering OG's draft position and current skill set (i.e. dribbling and finishing around the rim skills).

For some odd reason, people think that comparing a big 3&D wing like Otto Porter to OG is an insult.... but peak Otto Porter was putting up outstanding advanced stats on both offense & defense, before he got paid. Which is exactly why he did get paid.

Comment

• FWIW, and it’s worth only because we haven’t seen it much in our favour this year, the L2M report calls an “incorrect non call” on the Whiteside moving screen. Oh well. On to the next one

Comment

Working...
            X