Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Someone better step up for the next thread. I did the Nets game like an hour before tip since there wasn't a thread. Seems like lots of veteran thread starters are AWOL this season. Some of you newbies step up you never know you may have the lucky touch.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Davis had a very forgetful 2nd half. One thing that seems to be overlooked is Lowry had a terrible shooting night hitting 7/23 shots and only 25% of 3's (4/16). Given he was our primary scorer he had a tough night. Overall the team shot only 36% which makes it hard to WIN scoring 100 pts or less.
    Ya davis didnt play well but i dont think he is the guy you should be picking on after this one.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Wheres this kind of tough love for McCaw? Don't think TD would throw a tough bounce pass to a cutting guy in traffic with the game on the line.. but i guess we'll never know
    Davis had a very forgetful 2nd half. One thing that seems to be overlooked is Lowry had a terrible shooting night hitting 7/23 shots and only 25% of 3's (4/16). Given he was our primary scorer he had a tough night. Overall the team shot only 36% which makes it hard to WIN scoring 100 pts or less.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

OG is only 22 so yeah you gotta be patient. But the rest, no you don't have to give him 40 minutes when he's not earning it with his 20-25. In the NBA, you force your coach to give you minutes and OG looks too uninterested far too often.

No intensity, no hustle. Dude looks half asleep
    Call it coordination, basketball sense or just skills, OG definitely has something that limits his ability to create off the bounce. Can he get better, yes. Will he ever be an all-star...nope. Imagine on an offensively challenged team, as the third option he has plenty of chances to contribute. He's scored 10 or more points a total of 4 times in past 10 games.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Anthony Davis declines max contract offer from Lakers, will enter free agency. This means he can now command up to $202 million over five years as opposed to the $146 million over four years that the Lakers are currently able to offer. What a f'd up world we live in where players get paid 40-$50M to drop a round ball through a round hoop for our entertainment ....

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Did you check out Embiid's dislocated finger in tonight's game?
    Gru-awsome
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Chris Paul, Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony all win games for their teams tonight.
    What the hell year is this???

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Wheres this kind of tough love for McCaw? Don't think TD would throw a tough bounce pass to a cutting guy in traffic with the game on the line.. but i guess we'll never know

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    From what I saw of Davis tonight he looked like he had no clue what he was supposed to be doing out there, driving with no purpose, badly missing shots. Also, Stanley is a strong guy, but his basketball skills are not at the NBA level. He works hard on D, but he's very limited offensively.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

OG is only 22 so yeah you gotta be patient. But the rest, no you don't have to give him 40 minutes when he's not earning it with his 20-25. In the NBA, you force your coach to give you minutes and OG looks too uninterested far too often.

Yeah he's only 22 but he's already been in the league for 3 years and I don't see any improvement in his game. Everything about him is overrated. Overrated shooter, overrated defender, and don't get me started about his "athleticism".

He plays like he talks, no intensity, no fire, nothing.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    A lot of OG hate..let's not jump off the bandwagon yet, does he have work 2 do,yup..his only 22,I realize this is his 3rd year in the league..give it time,I just wish Coach Nurse would play him,not 20..25 minutes,play him 40 minutes,u can't be good if u don't play. I rather c him play a lot than McCaw. Yes there are a lot of guys who are delivering, but this regular season and a lot them are in contract year,so pull it back a bit..Anyway, I like Brisset,definitely a keeper,as is Boucher,but Boucher gotta get some weight,as for the rest..meh..Stanleys,Hollins,McCaw,Miller and so on..
    Davis and Thomas,no rush,both will b back next year,potential is there.
    Suck that we lost,but man..u could a blazzers fan..Portland is just garbage,so much talent and barely beat 905 raptor team with one great Starter Lowry..Wow..

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post

The fact that a bunch of our important guys are dead makes it easier to deal with
    It might be fine if they are in a hole from tip but they were leading most of the game with bench guys proving that they can win the game for their comrades in civilian clothes.

Then the 36 minutes of McCaw took place with highlights of his matador defense over Lillard that started the rally in the 4th.

People should remember McCaw had ZERO contribution to this team’s championship run last season

So he does not fucking deserve any high exposure from this coach

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    A lot of OG hate..let's not jump off the bandwagon yet, does he have work 2 do,yup..his only 22,I realize this is his 3rd year in the league..give it time,I just wish Coach Nurse would play him,not 20..25 minutes,play him 40 minutes,u can't be good if u don't play. I rather c him play a lot than McCaw. Yes there are a lot of guys who are delivering, but this regular season and a lot them are in contract year,so pull it back a bit..Anyway, I like Brisset,definitely a keeper,as is Boucher,but Boucher gotta get some weight,as for the rest..meh..Stanleys,Hollins,McCaw,Miller and so on..
    Davis and Thomas,no rush,both will b back next year,potential is there.
    Suck that we lost,but man..u could a blazzers fan..Portland is just garbage,so much talent and barely beat 905 raptor team with one great Starter Lowry..Wow..

P.S

P.McCaw
    SG 36 2-8 0-1 2-2 0 4 4 3 3 0 1 2 -1 6

Amazing..I don't get it..
    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Tue Jan 7, 2020, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post

The fact that a bunch of our important guys are dead makes it easier to deal with
    It would have if we lost by 10

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Even on twitter, fans are stunned why Nurse kept McCaw out there to defend Lillard...RHJ came in late and cold in the 4th quarter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X