• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #37: Portland Trailblazers 101 Toronto Raptors 99

Starting Lineups

Trailblazers

Raptors

The Blazers are 4-6 in the last 10 and find themselves tied with the like of the timberwolves and grizzles in the standings. These guys have been the disappointment of the season over a third of the way in. Kevin Love may be booking a red eye to Portland very soon. Despite the record they put a dangerous back-court on the floor every night and with the missing bodies a win over this team will take a gritty performance from the raps. C.J missed lasted game due to illness but should be back for Tuesdays night game.

The raptors have once again been bitten by the injury bug. FVV has already been ruled out 24 hours in advance, lets hope this is just a minor injury and not an undisclosed "no imminent return" timetable. Matt Thomas looks like he will be available for this one. Your guess as who fills in is as good as mine. RHJ has seen a start, boucher could play the 4 and slide O.G back to his natural position. The option i am hoping for is a spot start for Brisset, he has played with the starting lineup in a few 4th quarter and looked great providing effort and hustle with a couple nice dunks.

Berta's X Factor- Chris Boucher. The breakout year for the block Quebecois started to take shape in a big road win in Portland. The blazers are as thin as Bouchers legs at the center position and this should give Chris a big opportunity to grab offensive boards, put backs and hit a couple triples vs the lack of NBA backup center talent that Portland can put on the court.

To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Yeah this one might be tough in spite of their record. Their shooters get hot we might have a hard time keeping up. Need stiff defence in this one, chase them off the line and make their role players score on us.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Who’s ready for Lowry to play 48 minutes with Fred out?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Anybody tried Blaze Pizza?
        My new favourite restaurant(s)

Comment

Raps have 8 returning players from the chip season. 6 of them have already missed more than 10 games .... and the Raps have had a completely healthy lineup for only two games this year. Matt Thomas will save us ....

Comment

So who's the mystery starter tonight? I'm guessing it will be RHJ, but hoping for Terence Davis. Heck, it would even be fun to throw Matt Thomas out there, just to see what happens..

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              So who's the mystery starter tonight? I'm guessing it will be RHJ, but hoping for Terence Davis. Heck, it would even be fun to throw Matt Thomas out there, just to see what happens..
              If Terry II starts and gets some early fouls... Really thin at PG with our injuries.

I think I'd start Lowry-McCaw-OG-RHJ-Serge, as you suggest. Boucher, Oshae, Thomas, Davis off the bench.

Well, I'd start Thomas over McCaw, but I'm trying to live in reality too.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Watch the mystery starter be Stanley Johnson

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  I was really hoping RHJ and McCaw wouldn't start together. The spacing and offence overall could really sputter (unless Lowry and/or OG get hot from 3), and they would dig themselves a hole pretty quickly, especially if Dame gets hot early. This would be the perfect game for Thomas to start instead of McCaw imo, to space and balance the offence a bit, but Nurse likes McCaw too much, so I wouldn't be surprised if he starts and get close to 30min tonight

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

If Terry II starts and gets some early fouls... Really thin at PG with our injuries.

I think I'd start Lowry-McCaw-OG-RHJ-Serge, as you suggest. Boucher, Oshae, Thomas, Davis off the bench.

Yeah, I mean the "Theory of McCaw" is that he supposedly provides elite perimeter defense to outweigh his massively negative impact on offense. Problem, of course, is that his defense is also a negative. But you could go in the opposite direction and start Matt Thomas, who would provide elite offense (shooting) to outweigh his negative impact on defense. And as we've seen, Thomas' defense isn't actually as bad as most feared. A Thomas-RHJ combo could be a way to hide Thomas, but the problem is that we also need to hide Lowry on D this year because we need his offense.

I've been trying real hard to think of a logical reason why McCaw is still starting and the only one I can think of is that he gives Lowry and FVV a bit of a break having to defend on the perimeter and saves their energy for offense & playmaking. I've also noticed that both FVV and Lowry are quite complimentary of McCaw, so he does some of the dirty work and keeps those guys happy. Other than that, I've got nothing.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

It's hard to believe the Raps are 24-12. It's even harder to believe I'm looking at that rotation and still expecting them to win tonight.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Watch the mystery starter be Stanley Johnson
                        The good news, Stanley scored 24 points, 11 rebounds. Bad news it took him 24 shots and shot 20% from 3.

Comment

Appears McCollum is on the limp as well.
                          Freddy is questionable to doubtful.

If CJ doesn’t go...Freddy probably won’t go either.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Appears McCollum is on the limp as well.
                            Freddy is questionable to doubtful.

If CJ doesn’t go...Freddy probably won’t go either.
                            Pretty sure Fred isn't going either way. Suspect Norm plays before Fred does.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah I think Fred was ruled out as of yesterday. CJ is a game time decision. He has a respiratory infection.

Comment

Working...
                              X