Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    The race for 8th in the West is pretty pathetic, for the first time I can ever remember. Blazers are 15-22 but only a game out. Right now, Spurs, Griz, Blazers and T Wolves, Suns and Kings are all within 2 games.

Kind of interesting, cause when you look at most of those teams they're kind of in the same boat. They have to be dissapointed (Spurs, Blazers, T Wolves, Suns, Kings) are either too talented, or not at a rebuilding stage to miss the playoffs, or are just plain sick of missing the playoffs.

Only the Griz are truly playing with house money and a little bit of a pleasant surprise/ ahead of schedule.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Appears McCollum is on the limp as well.
    Freddy is questionable to doubtful.

If CJ doesn’t go...Freddy probably won’t go either.
    If CJ isn't playing, then we could probably start Thomas, but we won't.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Think Brisset would be a good fit as the mystery starter. He had some good minutes with the starters those games he got 4th quarter minutes. If not him then id prefer Thomas, Dont know if they want to throw him out there his first game back tho.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Despite all our injuries the one common denominator has been defense. We might not score or it will be ugly, but we sure can defend. Portland has the 11th best offense, but the 23rd best defense. I kind of like that. We can try to shut them down with our elite defense, while still putting enough points on the board to get the win.

Also Portland sucks on the road. They are 7-13 on the road.
    Blazers are really scuffling. I still try to watch some of their games (Blazers fan growing up) and it is not pretty. They miss Nurkic but they really miss the athleticism, size and effort they had at the forward position last season. One thing to watch tonight is their body language cause this is a team that doesn't play hard all the time and gives up on games and it is really noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Despite all our injuries the one common denominator has been defense. We might not score or it will be ugly, but we sure can defend. Portland has the 11th best offense, but the 23rd best defense. I kind of like that. We can try to shut them down with our elite defense, while still putting enough points on the board to get the win.

Also Portland sucks on the road. They are 7-13 on the road.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yeah I think Fred was ruled out as of yesterday. CJ is a game time decision. He has a respiratory infection.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Pretty sure Fred isn't going either way. Suspect Norm plays before Fred does.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gonzz
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Watch the mystery starter be Stanley Johnson
    The good news, Stanley scored 24 points, 11 rebounds. Bad news it took him 24 shots and shot 20% from 3.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

If Terry II starts and gets some early fouls... Really thin at PG with our injuries.

I think I'd start Lowry-McCaw-OG-RHJ-Serge, as you suggest. Boucher, Oshae, Thomas, Davis off the bench.

Well, I'd start Thomas over McCaw, but I'm trying to live in reality too.
    It's hard to believe the Raps are 24-12. It's even harder to believe I'm looking at that rotation and still expecting them to win tonight.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

If Terry II starts and gets some early fouls... Really thin at PG with our injuries.

I think I'd start Lowry-McCaw-OG-RHJ-Serge, as you suggest. Boucher, Oshae, Thomas, Davis off the bench.

Yeah, I mean the "Theory of McCaw" is that he supposedly provides elite perimeter defense to outweigh his massively negative impact on offense. Problem, of course, is that his defense is also a negative. But you could go in the opposite direction and start Matt Thomas, who would provide elite offense (shooting) to outweigh his negative impact on defense. And as we've seen, Thomas' defense isn't actually as bad as most feared. A Thomas-RHJ combo could be a way to hide Thomas, but the problem is that we also need to hide Lowry on D this year because we need his offense.

I've been trying real hard to think of a logical reason why McCaw is still starting and the only one I can think of is that he gives Lowry and FVV a bit of a break having to defend on the perimeter and saves their energy for offense & playmaking. I've also noticed that both FVV and Lowry are quite complimentary of McCaw, so he does some of the dirty work and keeps those guys happy. Other than that, I've got nothing.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    So who's the mystery starter tonight? I'm guessing it will be RHJ, but hoping for Terence Davis. Heck, it would even be fun to throw Matt Thomas out there, just to see what happens..
    I was really hoping RHJ and McCaw wouldn't start together. The spacing and offence overall could really sputter (unless Lowry and/or OG get hot from 3), and they would dig themselves a hole pretty quickly, especially if Dame gets hot early. This would be the perfect game for Thomas to start instead of McCaw imo, to space and balance the offence a bit, but Nurse likes McCaw too much, so I wouldn't be surprised if he starts and get close to 30min tonight

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Watch the mystery starter be Stanley Johnson

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    So who's the mystery starter tonight? I'm guessing it will be RHJ, but hoping for Terence Davis. Heck, it would even be fun to throw Matt Thomas out there, just to see what happens..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X