Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Its a three way race for first between Cleveland, Chicago, and Toronto
    I hope you are right but I will wait till Melo make his decision and see Phil is done and how healthy Rose is ... I don't think we have any chance of competing with Cleveland.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      I don't think we have any chance of competing with Cleveland.
      Two points: 1) It will likely take a year for the Cavaliers to mesh enough to compete for the conference finals. 2) The Cavaliers have a newcomer to the NBA as a head coach. I would be very surprised if he could even lead his team to the top seed in his first season. At least Coach Casey has tons of NBA coaching experience.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Its a three way race for first between Cleveland, Chicago, and Toronto
        You are leaving out Indiana. It remains to be seen just how good they can be, but at least for three months last season, the Pacers were exceptional on defence and very good on offence.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
          You are leaving out Indiana. It remains to be seen just how good they can be, but at least for three months last season, the Pacers were exceptional on defence and very good on offence.
          Washington is also an interesting team. If Wall and Beal continue to develop, they could be a threat as well. Although I do not trust NeNe's knees, and he is a huge part of that roster.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

1. Chicago
            2. Cleveland
            3. Indiana
            4. Toronto
            5. Washington
            6. Charlotte
            7. New York
            8. Atlanta

That's how I'm guessing the seedings will be going into the playoffs. I can't see Raptors losing the Atlantic, barring a huge end to free agency for the Knicks it's just too weak of a division for us to lose so I see us being 3 or 4 but it'll be another tough 1st round matchup no matter who we get.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              1. Chicago
              2. Cleveland
              3. Indiana
              4. Toronto
              5. Washington
              6. Charlotte
              7. New York
              8. Atlanta

That's how I'm guessing the seedings will be going into the playoffs. I can't see Raptors losing the Atlantic, barring a huge end to free agency for the Knicks it's just too weak of a division for us to lose so I see us being 3 or 4 but it'll be another tough 1st round matchup no matter who we get.
              I agree with the top 4 under the conditions that Rose stays healthy and Indiana looks a bit more like the team they *should* be.
              Last edited by KHD; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Indiana
                Toronto
                Cleveland
                Miami
                Chicago
                Washington
                Charlotte
                Atlanta

Everyone's underrating Miami, they still have bosh and wade and can go after more players now that lebrons cap hold is gone. The nets are too old and Knicks still look like a mess. Chi town won't be as strong because d rose probably lost a step and everyone else could go anywhere. The east looks strong next year
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  1. Chicago
                  2. Cleveland
                  3. Indiana
                  4. Toronto
                  5. Washington
                  6. Charlotte
                  7. New York
                  8. Atlanta

NY before MIA or BKN? MIA will make the playoffs next year I think. They will get another player or two before the season starts. Monroe, Deng, Bledsoe lots of guys that they could go after and realistically land. I also think that Hollins will get BKN in if Lopez is healthy. DET I think will surprise as well, but not sure if they will make the playoffs.

Comment

I think one thing is clear though, we shouldn't see the drop off behind the top 2 seeds like we did last season.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      NY before MIA or BKN? MIA will make the playoffs next year I think. They will get another player or two before the season starts. Monroe, Deng, Bledsoe lots of guys that they could go after and realistically land. I also think that Hollins will get BKN in if Lopez is healthy. DET I think will surprise as well, but not sure if they will make the playoffs.
                      I have an unexplainable love for NY, but you're right Miami will almost definitely get in. Not sure why I completely discounted them.

Comment

Based on the team performance last season and changes made, not predictions and what ifs. Chicago and Indy are a reach for #1. Cleveland is better but not good, LeBron isnt 26 and Rose has missed 3 seasons.

Comment

Very Very Pre-mature for this thread. Wait till we know where Melo is , where Pau is going and ... then decide ...

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Based on the team performance last season and changes made, not predictions and what ifs. Chicago and Indy are a reach for #1. Cleveland is better but not good, LeBron isnt 26 and Rose has missed 3 seasons.
                            Ya Lebron is 29 and way better than he was at 26.

Comment

Barring injury to lebron Cleveland is a lock for 50 wins imo

Comment

For once I think it may take 45 or more wins to get the 8th seed
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X