Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you act like you forgot about Bobby Webster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And you act like you forgot about Bobby Webster

    Who?

    You don't remember Bobby Webster?

    . In a statement, the Raptors said Webster will provide the team his salary cap expertise, as well as advising on scouting and player personnel.

    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...ffice-changes/

    In his role with the Raptors, Webster will provide his CBA expertise and take on expanded duties that include scouting, player personnel and roster management.

    http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...ment-strategy/

    This team has direction on many levels - all things CBA related included.

    Lots of reporters and bloggers trying to be capologists when the Raptors have the best in the business.

    My advice, crunch your numbers but:
    Relax.
    Watch it unfold.
    Enjoy the ride.

  • #2
    It is simply astounding to read about the people that Ujiri brought in to be a part of the front office. Every single person brings with them a wealth of experience and very specific skill sets to contribute to the team.

    Webster is just another example of this. To bring in someone who is not just an expert in regards to the CBA and all things cap related, but to hire someone who played a key role in writing the rules in the first place...simply stunning!

    Not only that, but Ujiri was able to compile an incredibly skilled team of individuals who all seem to know how to keep their mouths shut so nothing gets leaked.

    We are in good hands!
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

    Comment


    • #3
      Shantz wrote: View Post
      It is simply astounding to read about the people that Ujiri brought in to be a part of the front office. Every single person brings with them a wealth of experience and very specific skill sets to contribute to the team.

      Webster is just another example of this. To bring in someone who is not just an expert in regards to the CBA and all things cap related, but to hire someone who played a key role in writing the rules in the first place...simply stunning!

      Not only that, but Ujiri was able to compile an incredibly skilled team of individuals who all seem to know how to keep their mouths shut so nothing gets leaked.

      We are in good hands!
      Masai Ujiri, the gift that keeps on giving.

      Comment


      • #4
        Shantz wrote: View Post
        It is simply astounding to read about the people that Ujiri brought in to be a part of the front office. Every single person brings with them a wealth of experience and very specific skill sets to contribute to the team.

        Webster is just another example of this. To bring in someone who is not just an expert in regards to the CBA and all things cap related, but to hire someone who played a key role in writing the rules in the first place...simply stunning!

        Not only that, but Ujiri was able to compile an incredibly skilled team of individuals who all seem to know how to keep their mouths shut so nothing gets leaked.

        We are in good hands!
        You took the words right out of my mouth. Masai is just a God. There is no other explanation. We are in VERY good hands.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

        Comment


        • #5
          no more Matt Barnes embarassments

          Comment


          • #6
            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            My advice, crunch your numbers but:
            Relax.
            Watch it unfold.
            Enjoy the ride.
            You can't tell me what to do, Dad!

            Comment


            • #7
              its not an act ...

              Comment


              • #8
                Don't get too excited. The last time we had a capologist expert, they were used to figure out a way to land us Hedo Turkoglu.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Marz wrote: View Post
                  Don't get too excited. The last time we had a capologist expert, they were used to figure out a way to land us Hedo Turkoglu.
                  Two things:

                  Masai isn't Colangelo
                  Webster isn't Fruitman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Two things:

                    Masai isn't Colangelo
                    Webster isn't Fruitman
                    A third thing: Fruitman did not come up with a way to land Hedo. We already landed him, and were going to renounce our free agents and waive the MLE to have cap room to sign him straight up. It was all agreed to. Hedo was going to be a Raptor, full stop.

                    What Fruitman came up with was a 4 team, dual sign and trade deal that allowed the Raptors to keep their rights to their free agents, keep the MLE (used to sign Jarrett Jack), and still get Hedo on the terms originally agreed. That deal saved us from another Ukic-Solomon backup point guard situation. Signing Hedo was the worst move any team made that offseason. The sign and trade to keep flexibility while doing it might have been the best move any team made that offseason.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X