No announcement yet.

Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith looks a lot more polished than Nnaji. Doubt he would be on th board that late in the draft but perhaps Masai is looking to move up to get him?

Comment

• Dont really like watching college ball so I dont know much about these guys, but caught a couple Kentucky guys and I’d throw a dart at Maxey if he slips into the 20s. Great defensive techniques, moves his feet and hips really well. Good off ball setting up and coming off screens, makes good reads on close outs, hand offs, etc. Not adept with the ball in his hands but I think he could get very good. Kinda short, and I’d worry about his lack of burst or explosiveness but hes got all the skills to have a successful career.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Smith looks a lot more polished than Nnaji. Doubt he would be on th board that late in the draft but perhaps Masai is looking to move up to get him?
        As mentioned above, it's going to be a bit of a weird draft - not nearly as much game scouting as in previous years, and so less consensus about where players rank

Comment

• Is there a list of players the Raptors have had pre-draft workouts or contact with? I've heard a lot of names pop up, but the only one that I recognized so far is Jalen Smith.

Comment

Is there a list of players the Raptors have had pre-draft workouts or contact with? I've heard a lot of names pop up, but the only one that I recognized so far is Jalen Smith.
            This guy seems to be more or less keeping tabs on that: https://twitter.com/AaronBenRose

Most notable ones look to be Tyrell Terry (point guard) and Zeke Nnaji (centre). Terry is projected to get drafted higher than our pick, so if they want him they might have to move up on the draft. His defence is a bit questionable but the kid is an offensive powerhouse: 3's, drive, pick and roll, midrange, passing, court vision, all looking to be off the charts for a rookie. Reminds me of Trae Young.
            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Rokas Jokubaitis
              bless you
              Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Oct 1, 2020, 04:33 PM.
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Jalen Smith looks like a great fit! I hope he falls to us.

Does anyone else feel that's useless researching guys now that Masai has taken over. I'm now looking into deep second round guys that he may chose in the first. lol It's a complete guessing game on who the Raptors will select. Jakob was right around the 9th pick, and Delon was around the 21st... but you have Bruno, and Siakam that were from left field. We were lucky that OG fell to us.

Also I miss Draft Express, where are you guys going for your info/videos? I have been using the Ringers draft guide mostly.

Comment

• This kid (Josh Green) looks like a Raptor. Good defender, great shooter. Looks to be going earlier than our spot, but still out of the lottery. Defended 1-3 in college and 6-6 with a 6-11 wing span. Could be a future 2/3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhsQWjIbgoI
                  Last edited by saints91; Fri Oct 2, 2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Jalen Smith looks like a great fit! I hope he falls to us.

Does anyone else feel that's useless researching guys now that Masai has taken over. I'm now looking into deep second round guys that he may chose in the first. lol It's a complete guessing game on who the Raptors will select. Jakob was right around the 9th pick, and Delon was around the 21st... but you have Bruno, and Siakam that were from left field. We were lucky that OG fell to us.

Also I miss Draft Express, where are you guys going for your info/videos? I have been using the Ringers draft guide mostly.
                    Smith does look talented, but there is something about the way he jumps that looks like he will have knee problems. Also he doesn't seem to run the floor very hard which HAS to be a trait for any Raptor player. Nnaji looks like he has a better motor, but skill level looks basic.

The only way to know who Masai is actually looking at is to find out who is coming in for workouts more than once.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Depends how much in depth you want to go but Id recommend using that draft guide to pick a couple guys youre interested in then looking up either scouting reports on YouTube or searching YouTube for full games. Found they have a ton of full coolege games commercial free - its pretty easy to watch a couple games and skip through the minutes the guy is out. You can rewind easy enough too rewatch plays. Not that Im a great scout or anything, just a bit of fun if you like watching ball.

Comment

I dunno guys, Will Smiths kid is just a little too freaky for me...and too small to play NBA 5

Will has that look "please don't do anything weird please don't do any....awww fuck he's being weird. Keep smiling. Proud dad."
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Someone watch Robert Woodard plz he has really good foot work. I see joe Johnson in the middle / late part of his career with a little Scottie pippen
                          Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Oct 6, 2020, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I dunno guys, Will Smiths kid is just a little too freaky for me...and too small to play NBA 5

Will has that look "please don't do anything weird please don't do any....awww fuck he's being weird. Keep smiling. Proud dad."
                            That's interesting. You took a quote from another poster and put my name on it.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Someone watch Robert Woodard plz he has really good foot work. I see joe Johnson in the middle / late part of his career with a little Scottie pippen
                              Woodard probably studied Pippen a lot. He shoots and moves just like Pippen did.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Woodard probably studied Pippen a lot. He shoots and moves just like Pippen did.

I watched his workout vid and I think he is a SF right now but can become a SG. Just watching him he has at least a 7’0 wing span and has huge hands, he can jump. He can guard SG, SF, PF good enough foot speed. He has really good form on his shot, I also like his foot work and he uses his body well. If we draft him and stick him at the SG position from day one and train him that way I see potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X