Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Knicks doing things?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

    Comment


    • 007 wrote: View Post

      Knicks doing things?
      Plan A: Westbrook. Plan B: FVV.

      Comment


      • golden wrote: View Post

        Plan A: Westbrook. Plan B: FVV.
        hope they get Westbrook for multiple reasons LOL

        Comment




        • Malachi vs Jalen
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • Fred is overrated. He’ll be a difficult contract to move this time next year lets not even talk about moving the best raptor ever because we re-sign fred fukthat!

            Im Malachi happy but wished we made a deal to get jahmius ramsey since he fell to 38

            Comment


            • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

              Just went and watched SDST in their conference championship game on YouTube (upset loss to Utah St. by 3), Flynn had a pretty rough night shooting but man he was good. Could tell he has range, was a half second late on two reads all game and guys a nightmare to score on. Play maker on both ends for sure - total Raptors pick. Seems like a hit - only concern is that although he can find his spots scoring on the PnR and creating off the dribble, hes probably going to struggle at the rim in the NBA. At 29 I take that.

              As much as we look unbalanced on paper, we needed another ball handler - Nurse was using McCaw as the third pg. Flynn is already better than McCaw and could easily take all his minutes.

              Now how in the world does Masai fill the big rotation?
              I've been concerned about the big rotation as well, but this from The Athletics draft review by Hollinger.
              "Even in the regular season, center is the most replaceable position in the league, by far. The center market commands the least money in free agency and has the most viable options every year, which means that a drafted center has to hit at a much higher level to justify his selection at a particular spot.

              Other things being equal, teams should draft small forwards first, shooting guards second and centers last. Consider, for instance, that an average-ish, sixth-man type wing commands in the neighborhood of $10 million a year on the free-agent market. But you can find decent backup 5s for the minimum, or at most the taxpayer MLE of $5 million. There is just no reason to splurge on a center in the draft unless there is a huge talent disparity, because the replacement cost at this position is so low."

              So there's that. Just not that concerned. They can pick one up befre the season starts I guess.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post

                Plan A: Westbrook. Plan B: FVV.
                Never say never..but after a solid draft and a professional move at cleaning up their balance sheet .....why would the Knicks touch the now near radio active Russell Westbrook?
                "We can grow the economy not from the top down the way Mr. Harper wants to... but from the heart outwards". ---- Justin Trudeau 2015

                Comment


                • Puffer wrote: View Post

                  I've been concerned about the big rotation as well, but this from The Athletics draft review by Hollinger.
                  "Even in the regular season, center is the most replaceable position in the league, by far. The center market commands the least money in free agency and has the most viable options every year, which means that a drafted center has to hit at a much higher level to justify his selection at a particular spot.

                  Other things being equal, teams should draft small forwards first, shooting guards second and centers last. Consider, for instance, that an average-ish, sixth-man type wing commands in the neighborhood of $10 million a year on the free-agent market. But you can find decent backup 5s for the minimum, or at most the taxpayer MLE of $5 million. There is just no reason to splurge on a center in the draft unless there is a huge talent disparity, because the replacement cost at this position is so low."

                  So there's that. Just not that concerned. They can pick one up befre the season starts I guess.
                  Remember how desperate we used to be for a half-decent centre? Hoffa...

                  Comment


                  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                    Never say never..but after a solid draft and a professional move at cleaning up their balance sheet .....why would the Knicks touch the now near radio active Russell Westbrook?
                    James Dolan

                    Comment


                    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

                      Remember how desperate we used to be for a half-decent centre? Hoffa...
                      Don't remind me. Maybe JV has gotten faster? Really one of the only centers I liked since Kevin Willis.

                      Comment


                      • QUOTE=Jclaw;n1361947]

                        Masai is playing the long game [/QUOTE]


                        I hear the raps republic guys saying all these teams playing the short game.... MU is going long! He is reading the candle sticks, studying charts and drawing up his trendlines....he is bullish on the future.

                        so with that in mind yesterday is gone, let’s focus on today. Now let’s talk flynn! So I pull out the glasses, jump into my favourite seat and throw on the game tape.... complete Unbiassed, how can we win with him.

                        one thing that stood out to me which I try and teach these Yonge kids is you don’t have to block the shoot, the game is fucking simple, just fuck up his timing, change his shot, play the angles. Every single shooter is trained to be repetitive same shot motion every time. Well if you know that then you know when he is in the position to shot and you know that well people begin to get predictable ....Flynn fucks up people’s timing !

                        with that said can he do that on the nba level he needs to be way stronger than he is now this is a mans league.
                        Last edited by grindhouse; Thu Nov 19, 2020, 08:11 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Even tho he is not a New York point guard being from Washington he is right there

                          Comment


                          • Puffer wrote: View Post

                            I've been concerned about the big rotation as well, but this from The Athletics draft review by Hollinger.
                            "Even in the regular season, center is the most replaceable position in the league, by far. The center market commands the least money in free agency and has the most viable options every year, which means that a drafted center has to hit at a much higher level to justify his selection at a particular spot.

                            Other things being equal, teams should draft small forwards first, shooting guards second and centers last. Consider, for instance, that an average-ish, sixth-man type wing commands in the neighborhood of $10 million a year on the free-agent market. But you can find decent backup 5s for the minimum, or at most the taxpayer MLE of $5 million. There is just no reason to splurge on a center in the draft unless there is a huge talent disparity, because the replacement cost at this position is so low."

                            So there's that. Just not that concerned. They can pick one up befre the season starts I guess.
                            Yeah I am not too worried, its pretty easy to find cheap bigs to log minutes. I mostly just view that 5th spot as a real opportunity to upgrate the roster, as Marc/Serge was easily our weak spot in the playoffs. It becomes a lot harder to find an upgrade, although I think there are actual options available - especially if they want to get creative.

                            Comment


                            • There is something to be said for a top tier, dynamic big that can play make and defend. Sure, no point paying Jarret Allen 16 million, but if you can get the qualities I mentioned from a big guy, then it can be franchise-altering. Look at Jokic, Bam, Davis, Embiid. The top tier big man is still really valuable.

                              Comment


                              • Is Boogie worth a look here as an off the bench C?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X