Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

    But dont they draft 30th after they win the championship?
    Draft order doesn't change depending on how a team does in the playoffs. Last year the Raps won, but still had the 29th pick (which went to the Spurs in the Kawhi trade).

    Comment


    • #32
      planetmars wrote: View Post

      Draft order doesn't change depending on how a team does in the playoffs. Last year the Raps won, but still had the 29th pick (which went to the Spurs in the Kawhi trade).
      Correct. The confusion may come because the NHL does actually award draft position based on the playoffs, with the last pick of the 1st round going to the Stanley Cup champions, the second last pick going to the runner up, third and fourth last to the conference finals losers based on their regular season record, and so on. The NBA doesn't do any of that.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • #33
        DanH wrote: View Post

        Correct. The confusion may come because the NHL does actually award draft position based on the playoffs, with the last pick of the 1st round going to the Stanley Cup champions, the second last pick going to the runner up, third and fourth last to the conference finals losers based on their regular season record, and so on. The NBA doesn't do any of that.
        How do they determine the draft order? if they cancel the season today, where would the Raptors be picking?

        Comment


        • #34
          Sonny wrote: View Post

          How do they determine the draft order? if they cancel the season today, where would the Raptors be picking?
          If the regular season ended today then the Raptors would probably get the 28th pick since they were the 3rd best team in the league standing wise (after Milwaukee and LAL).

          Of course the draft has not been discussed yet. Some teams have played more games then others and that impacts the end of the season standings and the hypothetical draft order. It will be interesting to see what they decide, assuming they even have the draft this year.

          Comment


          • #35
            So Joe suggests: joe3 hours ago "as a solution to the whole thing, could they just cancel draft, everything up to a new season, extend all contracts/parameters 1 year and start a new season? so twice the many players enter next year, so what? would this be fair to everybody?"

            Thoughts on this?! Sounds beaaaaautiful to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

            (More valuable draft = BETTER PLAYERS FOR MASAI TO SELECT WITH THE 30TH PICK OF THE DRAFTTTTTT, KNOCK ON WOOOOD)

            Comment


            • #36
              No way thats fair to the college guys.
              They have to do a draft for all those guys who are going to declare for this seasons draft. The lottery pick freshman players are not going back to college for another year.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • #37
                bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                No way thats fair to the college guys.
                They have to do a draft for all those guys who are going to declare for this seasons draft. The lottery pick freshman players are not going back to college for another year.
                And if freshman players do go back to college, is the NCAA even going to risk lawsuits by playing games? Damn, sports is so f**ked. It's the worst-case scenario for players, fans and the community at large.

                Comment


                • #38
                  bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                  No way thats fair to the college guys.
                  They have to do a draft for all those guys who are going to declare for this seasons draft. The lottery pick freshman players are not going back to college for another year.
                  Hmm. Riiiiiiight. I'm not sure how to solve that problem! So what about just drafting the lottery, and nothing else? Or maybe just a single round draft? And to make it work for teams you could make it three rounds next year, or something!

                  Maybe that's still not fair and more trouble than it's worth haha

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    golden wrote: View Post

                    And if freshman players do go back to college, is the NCAA even going to risk lawsuits by playing games? Damn, sports is so f**ked. It's the worst-case scenario for players, fans and the community at large.
                    :'( When will sports returnnnnn

                    At least we've got horse + big 3!

                    Anyone planning on watching that tournament?!?!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

                      Hmm. Riiiiiiight. I'm not sure how to solve that problem! So what about just drafting the lottery, and nothing else? Or maybe just a single round draft? And to make it work for teams you could make it three rounds next year, or something!

                      Maybe that's still not fair and more trouble than it's worth haha
                      I think you still just go with a 2 round draft. Enough guys will declare that it wont be short of talent and you dont have to sign those 2nd round guys. If we arn't playing NBA by august just draft via satellite, guys arn't on the roster until the offical start of the next season and go from their.

                      This could actually benefit a team like us who has really good scouting, maybe Tolzman has his eye on a guy from a mid-major who could have had a big tourney and shot up the draft board.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        golden wrote: View Post

                        And if freshman players do go back to college, is the NCAA even going to risk lawsuits by playing games? Damn, sports is so f**ked. It's the worst-case scenario for players, fans and the community at large.
                        Ya and think about all the incoming high school recruits who have commited to a team. Then if a star player who was going to declare comes back for another year and theres no minutes for the incoming players etc.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                          I think you still just go with a 2 round draft. Enough guys will declare that it wont be short of talent and you dont have to sign those 2nd round guys. If we arn't playing NBA by august just draft via satellite, guys arn't on the roster until the offical start of the next season and go from their.

                          This could actually benefit a team like us who has really good scouting, maybe Tolzman has his eye on a guy from a mid-major who could have had a big tourney and shot up the draft board.
                          I see what you're saying, good point!

                          We'll get 10 Freds on the team instead of just oooooooooone

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

                            :'( When will sports returnnnnn

                            At least we've got horse + big 3!

                            Anyone planning on watching that tournament?!?!
                            Nope. Just not that desperate yet

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I'm excited to finally have a first round pick again, even though it'll be a low one.

                              Last time we had a FRP was OG in 2017. We got him at #23, and Siakam was at #27 the year before, and I believe if the season was over today I think we'd pick at 28.
                              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                I'm excited to finally have a first round pick again, even though it'll be a low one.

                                Last time we had a FRP was OG in 2017. We got him at #23, and Siakam was at #27 the year before, and I believe if the season was over today I think we'd pick at 28.
                                Would be really great to find a rotation player in the draft like we always do. There's probably need for a big as ours are getting older. Maybe a wing or a 3/4.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X