Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Raptors can trade for a center. I don't think that's a tough position to find in the NBA. I still think BPA.. and really at the 27/28 spot it's basically a hail mary / hope and prayer that the guy works out.. Masai has a solid track record, so I always have faith.
    Yeah considering itll take 2-3 years for the guy to be good im fine with BPA. Id like to take a flier on Harry Giles who the Kings decided not to extend and showed some potential this year - him and Hernandez can compete for minutes as a longer term solution. Backup bigs are pretty cheap amd easy to come by too.

    This is an offseason that could go in a lot of directions though so who knows the best way to use this.

    Comment


    • #92
      DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

      Yeah considering itll take 2-3 years for the guy to be good im fine with BPA. Id like to take a flier on Harry Giles who the Kings decided not to extend and showed some potential this year - him and Hernandez can compete for minutes as a longer term solution. Backup bigs are pretty cheap amd easy to come by too.

      This is an offseason that could go in a lot of directions though so who knows the best way to use this.
      Giles seems like a good risk reward balance. The Kings are kinging it up.

      Comment


      • #93
        More athletic Porzingis...

        Comment


        • #94
          The Great One wrote: View Post

          What bertarapsfan said. The hype on Bol Bol is hilarious after playing one exhibition game against players that weren't even trying lol. Dude is nothing special. I see him as a Thon Maker type of player.
          Thon Maker was a 1st round pick. Bol cost the Nuggets $1.2M + a 2022 second round pick. That's super cheap for the unicorn (3 & B) potential. We ended up picking a center anyways. And Masai has such a wingspan & freakish athlete fetish.... I'm a bit surprised he didn't roll the dice. And he's African, to top it all off. If Bol was a lottery pick, then yeah, that's hype. 100% hindsight, for sure, but Bol could end up being a steal for the price.

          Comment


          • #95
            golden wrote: View Post

            Thon Maker was a 1st round pick. Bol cost the Nuggets $1.2M + a 2022 second round pick. That's super cheap for the unicorn (3 & B) potential. We ended up picking a center anyways. And Masai has such a wingspan & freakish athlete fetish.... I'm a bit surprised he didn't roll the dice. And he's African, to top it all off. If Bol was a lottery pick, then yeah, that's hype. 100% hindsight, for sure, but Bol could end up being a steal for the price.
            Some of the Bol comments here reminds me of all the Bruno comments back in the days. People salivating at his potential, how athletic he was, wingspan! ..etc. I didn't see any of that. Bruno moves like a dummy, I didn't see any of the "athleticism" that people were talking about. And he plays like he's never touched a basketball in his life. He's just a tall dude with a long wingspan. I feel the same way with Bol. Where's the athleticism? he's nowhere near as athletic/as fluid as Porzingis, he doesn't move as well as Porzngis either. I just don't see it. He's just a really tall dude with a long wingspan.

            Calling Bol Bol another Thon Maker is a compliment because I don't see any potential there at all.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • #96
              golden wrote: View Post

              Hard to criticize Masai for ANYTHING, but damn.... we should've traded up for Bol Bol. He's basically a more athletic Porzingis.
              SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              More athletic Porzingis...
              he's surprisingly co-ordinated and has a diverse skill-set for a player his height, but athleticism is not the first adjective that come to my mind when i think of bol bol.

              i definitely don't think he's more athletic than zinger.

              hope he gets an opportunity though, his slide on draft night was one of the saddest draft moments i can remember. no one invited to the green room ever slides that far

              Comment


              • #97
                DanH wrote: View Post
                This is the first year in a while that I'm hoping the Raps can downselect a specific position. They badly need a centre prospect. As ever, BPA, but if there's a tier of players available with little difference in talent level, grab the C.
                With hopes to land Giannis in free agency while staying in title contention it's hard to imagine Masai relying on a rookie C to shore up that position. And hey they have Hernandez as a future prospect after all. Looking forward to seeing MU work his magic.

                Comment


                • #98
                  The Great One wrote: View Post

                  Some of the Bol comments here reminds me of all the Bruno comments back in the days. People salivating at his potential, how athletic he was, wingspan! ..etc. I didn't see any of that. Bruno moves like a dummy, I didn't see any of the "athleticism" that people were talking about. And he plays like he's never touched a basketball in his life. He's just a tall dude with a long wingspan. I feel the same way with Bol. Where's the athleticism? he's nowhere near as athletic/as fluid as Porzingis, he doesn't move as well as Porzngis either. I just don't see it. He's just a really tall dude with a long wingspan.

                  Calling Bol Bol another Thon Maker is a compliment because I don't see any potential there at all.
                  Neither Thon or Bruno were tested against legit competition for their age groups. Thon was pretty much hidden on purpose, while Bruno was just a complete unknown. Whereas Bol put up 21pt/10reb/3blk in 28 MPG and led the NCAA in 3P %.

                  The 3-pt range, rim protection and mobility to guard on the perimeter is more than enough potential to drool over with the league now moving to more stretch 5s. And I repeat.... especially as a mid-2nd round pick.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    I'm actually pretty high on Dewan. He's got a smoothness to him that is really impressive for a guy who has played very little competitive ball in a while. the only concern in terms of positions is that he's a little small, but his mobility and instincts are really excellent. I think he'll be a solid contributor if/when one of Serge and Marc are gone. Who knows, next year we probably don't have rondae, so Dewan will likely be getting minutes. I'm optimistic.

                    Comment


                    • LJ2 wrote: View Post

                      With hopes to land Giannis in free agency while staying in title contention it's hard to imagine Masai relying on a rookie C to shore up that position. And hey they have Hernandez as a future prospect after all. Looking forward to seeing MU work his magic.
                      The cap situation is such that they might HAVE to rely on that. But all the more reason to deal with that in this draft, so the draftee has a chance to impress in his rookie year before he has to be viewed as plan A at that position.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • Draft the most talented player..I trust Ujiri..seems 2 always find a blue chip
                        Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Fri Jul 24th, 2020, 07:19 PM.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

                        Comment


                        • Draft Day set as November 18

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X