Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    What do lebron, AD, Harden, Westbrook, Kyrie, Durant have in common besides paying with other stars?
    They're kinda dicks ....

But then again, Timmy Duncan, Kawhi, Doncic, Zinger, Currie aren't dicks ....

Maybe the Raps have to draft a dick? Or at least a few more players with sandpaper?
    Or is it nice guys with more talent?
    You draft talent, and/or and or players with the drive and hunger to turn raw athleticism into talent. Said players may or may not be 'kinda dicks'. Ultimately you need guys mentally strong and resilient deep in the playoffs, but that manifests in different ways. There are 3 guys with some 'sandpaper' on our team: Lowry, Serge, and to a lesser extent, TD.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

You draft talent, and/or and or players with the drive and hunger to turn raw athleticism into talent. Said players may or may not be 'kinda dicks'. Ultimately you need guys mentally strong and resilient deep in the playoffs, but that manifests in different ways. There are 3 guys with some 'sandpaper' on our team: Lowry, Serge, and to a lesser extent, TD.
      Yup and we need to replace two of them in the short/near term

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        So I was right about Bol Bol. He played well in 3 preseason games and people were saying he's going to be this he's going to be that. Some were questioning Masai why he didn't draft Bol. C'mon man. People need to stop overreacting all the time specially in preseason games.

Like I said in previous posts, his ceiling is Thon Maker(current version) - basically a bench warmer.

As for the draft, here's who I want to see the Raptors draft.

He's currently projected to go early in the 2nd round but it's early so I don't know.
        Different Cassius, but...

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            So I was right about Bol Bol. He played well in 3 preseason games and people were saying he's going to be this he's going to be that. Some were questioning Masai why he didn't draft Bol. C'mon man. People need to stop overreacting all the time specially in preseason games.

Like I said in previous posts, his ceiling is Thon Maker(current version) - basically a bench warmer.

As for the draft, here's who I want to see the Raptors draft.

He's currently projected to go early in the 2nd round but it's early so I don't know.
            He's projected to go early in the 2nd round? he looks like Dwyane Wade in that clip.

Comment

• That's why I said it's early. IF he's there at 29 we gotta draft him.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

He's projected to go early in the 2nd round? he looks like Dwyane Wade in that clip.
                That's highlight reels for you.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• isn't shaq's son available?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    isn't shaq's son available?
                    Is he good?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I have not been following this draft at all.

Have total faith in Masai and Tolzman. I wouldn't be shocked if the Raptors bought a pick. Or traded their own. It's going to be a wild draft since scouting was so rare (ie, no march madness). The draft is expected to be weak as well, but they always say that, and elite talent always finds a way to come out of nowhere.

Key is to find those guys that believe in themselves. That's the Raptor culture now. Kyle, Pascal, Fred, Norm, Terrence, Matt.. all struggled to get to this league. That's the kind of guy Masai will aim for.

This Cassius Stanley guy doesn't seem to fit the Masai profile. 4-star prospect from high school that went to bloody Duke University. And he's a 1 and done.

He looks good in that highlight reel though.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Different Cassius, but...

That's the ticket. Let FVV get his bag and a starting PG role in a good suiting team somewhere . Draft this kid and save a bunch of $ for Lowry and the new FA in the future.

Comment

• I'm so bored of drafts lol.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

That's the ticket. Let FVV get his bag and a starting PG role in a good suiting team somewhere . Draft this kid and save a bunch of $ for Lowry and the new FA in the future.

5 - Cassius Winston
                            6-1, 185 Point Guard

Weaknesses: Winston is not physically gifted, standing at an ordinary 6’1 190 lbs without any true NBA-level athleticism to speak of … Not particularly quick or explosive, will have trouble finishing at the rim and playing defense against other PGs in the NBA … Also has a very unathletic looking body type … For as cerebral as he is, he can be turnover prone and did at times cost his team games by coughing up the ball too much … Has put up pretty good shooting numbers in his college career, but his release is a bit on the slow side and it figures to be easier to defend at the next level … Doesn’t look great in the open court … Wasn’t anything special as an on-ball defender in college, doesn’t really create turnovers or get under the skin of opposing guards the way most undersized guards do … Has to rely on smarts and skill solely to win matchups due to limited physical profile …
                            https://www.nbadraft.net/players/cassius-winston/

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I'm so bored of drafts lol.
                              Why? we get treated to 6 weeks of members becoming youtube scouts over here at RR! And then on draft day, we all get to lambast Masai for not taking OUR guy!

Remember when that moron drafted some unknown named Pascal Siakam instead of lengthy big man Skal Labissiere? Or when he didn't take Canadian superstar Tyler Ennis, instead he took that meme Bruno!

Fun fact: Bruno Caboclo plays in the NBA, Tyler Ennis plays in Turkey
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I have not been following this draft at all.

Have total faith in Masai and Tolzman. I wouldn't be shocked if the Raptors bought a pick. Or traded their own. It's going to be a wild draft since scouting was so rare (ie, no march madness). The draft is expected to be weak as well, but they always say that, and elite talent always finds a way to come out of nowhere.

Key is to find those guys that believe in themselves. That's the Raptor culture now. Kyle, Pascal, Fred, Norm, Terrence, Matt.. all struggled to get to this league. That's the kind of guy Masai will aim for.

This Cassius Stanley guy doesn't seem to fit the Masai profile. 4-star prospect from high school that went to bloody Duke University. And he's a 1 and done.

He looks good in that highlight reel though.
                                How do you know Stanley doesn't believe in himself? because he went to Duke University?

Norm, Pascal, TD, Fred....it's easy to talk about these guys now right? so what about Bruno? he's the complete opposite of these guys. What about DeAndre Daniels? I don't think he ever made it to the NBA. Delon Wright? Poeltl? I don't think they have the same mindset as FVV or Norm. Both guys are pretty soft. What about their most recent draft pick Hernandez?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X