Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Interesting prospect. He looks...beefy...and not the quick spry type you would normally associate with a Raps draft pick, but it's hard to tell anything from highlight reels. Do you know if the Raps have worked him out?
    Hasn't been reported but I'd bet only a fraction of their workouts have been reported.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• NBA combine stats are out:
      https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...ort=HAND_WIDTH

Longest wingspan: Udoka Azubuike

No clue who this guy is but according to tankathon.com's mock draft he gets drafted at 34. We have the 29th pick. He's also a senior from Lagos, Nigeria. Masai pick right there.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        NBA combine stats are out:
        https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...ort=HAND_WIDTH

Longest wingspan: Udoka Azubuike

No clue who this guy is but according to tankathon.com's mock draft he gets drafted at 34. We have the 29th pick. He's also a senior from Lagos, Nigeria. Masai pick right there.
        Only issue is he can't shoot to save his life.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Hasn't been reported but I'd bet only a fraction of their workouts have been reported.
          Well you might be onto something because Raps have worked him out apparently. Maybe Izzo has produced another Draymond when we need one the most.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            My favourite to grab with our 1st rounder is Xavier Tillman. Little short for a C but has a decent wingspan and is solid defensively, good defensive rebounder, a great passer for a big, and looks like he could develop a shot.

Haven't developed a real list yet but he stands out from what I've seen and tends to be mocked in the early 30's.
            Not going to claim to be an expert, really didnt watch much of him but I find it tough to see him more than just a guy at the next level. Hes got some length, moves well and has a real solid feel for the game but hes pretty undersized with mediocre athleticism. I don’t see a high skill level either. I could see him having a pretty good career, but also I feel like there are a handfull of comparable players you can easily get in free agency without having to develop yourself. Hes a great second round pick, I’d be a bit underwhelmed taking him in the first though.

His teammate Cassius Winston caught my eye more when watching MSU tbh. Again though, I’d kind of prefer someone with a bit more boom potential and then move into the late 30s to take Winston. Oddly I wouldnt mind moving down from 29 for a couple early second rounders and taking both the MSU guys - I think they give you a decent amount of production early on and clear the way for some interesting moves over the next year or two if things go well.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Not going to claim to be an expert, really didnt watch much of him but I find it tough to see him more than just a guy at the next level. Hes got some length, moves well and has a real solid feel for the game but hes pretty undersized with mediocre athleticism. I don’t see a high skill level either. I could see him having a pretty good career, but also I feel like there are a handfull of comparable players you can easily get in free agency without having to develop yourself. Hes a great second round pick, I’d be a bit underwhelmed taking him in the first though.

His teammate Cassius Winston caught my eye more when watching MSU tbh. Again though, I’d kind of prefer someone with a bit more boom potential and then move into the late 30s to take Winston. Oddly I wouldnt mind moving down from 29 for a couple early second rounders and taking both the MSU guys - I think they give you a decent amount of production early on and clear the way for some interesting moves over the next year or two if things go well.
              I agree the the about Winston is he is not guarding anyone in the nba I love his vision tho

Comment

• I love how Robert Woodard keeps showing up on stats and no one is talking about him. Not even rap republic guys. I love it

Comment

• I think I’m hoping for Josh Green to fall 26th on Kevin O’Connors draft guide) Jalen Smith was my other hopeful but it’s very unlikely that he’ll make it past 20. Ty-shon Alexander is also interesting if the can develop his point skills. I love a hustle guy.

Comment

• My intuition is that the Raptors draft a PF/C with #29
                    - Raptors have shown an ability to identify/develop guards
                    - Uncertain front court future
                    - Longer time for PF/C to develop - can sign a stop-gap(s) for a one-year deal to allow for needed development time (which will also fit in with salary crunch considerations)

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      My intuition is that the Raptors draft a PF/C with #29
                      - Raptors have shown an ability to identify/develop guards
                      - Uncertain front court future
                      - Longer time for PF/C to develop - can sign a stop-gap(s) for a one-year deal to allow for needed development time (which will also fit in with salary crunch considerations)
                      If you look at our roster.. the only two pieces that are part of our core going forward are Pascal and OG. Everyone else is up in the air. At the guard spot, Fred can leave in free agency. TD might get traded because he became a little sh!t. Lowry is an expiring and older. Then at PF/C you have Marc, Serge, Chris and RHJ that are all free agents.

We have Davis for another 2 years as well (at least).. and Hernandez in our pipeline. But the draft can really be unpredictable if we're assuming Masai is going to pick a guy based on position and not just BPA.

I think I'd rather trade or sign a PF/C then draft one especially if they take a long time to develop like you said. Let another team develop theirs and then pick them up. I still think we make a play for Harry Giles. He's only 22 but has a lot of potential.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        I love how Robert Woodard keeps showing up on stats and no one is talking about him. Not even rap republic guys. I love it
                        Never heard of him before. Surprised considering his production with physical traits scream first round pick. Id like to dig into a couple full games to see if he looks as good on tape.

Comment

• I have feeling were gonna move up in the draft or trade pick in trade.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Draft Day!

Comment

• I pity whoever take Lamelo i could never trust a Ball brother.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Anyone do any mock drafts? I suspect this draft to be crazy wild. No NCAA tourney. No local workouts. Lots of mixed tapes, and bad interviews on zoom. I think it's going to be wild tonight.

The sucky part is I might not be able to watch it live. I think it starts at 8 and I have plans until 9.

Good luck Masai and Bobby though! Hope they get what they want.

Comment

Working...
                                X