No announcement yet.

Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the buzz? Who the Raps drafting? Are they moving up/staying put?

I want Desmond Bane if we stay put... my sons and my dogs name in one

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      What's the buzz? Who the Raps drafting? Are they moving up/staying put?

I want Desmond Bane if we stay put... my sons and my dogs name in one
      There's never any buzz about the Raptors. No leaks from that ship.

I could see them trying to move TD for value if there is any out there. I could see them try to use Norm to get another pick or move up. If they stay put, I'm hoping for Xavier Tillman, but there are a bunch of interesting names that are likely to be available. I think a couple teams just made a trade to swap 23rd for 28 and 39 or some such, and if the Raps could do the same with 29 (say for a couple picks in the early-mid 2nd) they might get two intriguing names instead of one.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

There's never any buzz about the Raptors. No leaks from that ship.

I could see them trying to move TD for value if there is any out there. I could see them try to use Norm to get another pick or move up. If they stay put, I'm hoping for Xavier Tillman, but there are a bunch of interesting names that are likely to be available. I think a couple teams just made a trade to swap 23rd for 28 and 39 or some such, and if the Raps could do the same with 29 (say for a couple picks in the early-mid 2nd) they might get two intriguing names instead of one.
        Utah traded the #23 pick to the Knicks for #27 and #38.

A bit unusual in that the trade was announced before the draft - usually the teams make the trade during the draft, based on who's left on the board - but the deal isn't announced until after the draft - always leads to some awkward post-pick interviews.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Anyone do any mock drafts? I suspect this draft to be crazy wild. No NCAA tourney. No local workouts. Lots of mixed tapes, and bad interviews on zoom. I think it's going to be wild tonight.

The sucky part is I might not be able to watch it live. I think it starts at 8 and I have plans until 9.

Good luck Masai and Bobby though! Hope they get what they want.
          If you're home by 9, you'll miss maybe 5 picks. There's probably a chance that a mention of 'Toronto' or 'Raptors' won't even be uttered by the ESPN crew until "And the Raptors are on the clock with the 29th pick" at about 10:30

Comment

• I'm sure I'll be excited about whoever Masai picks, my board is:

- Nnaji
            - Dotson
            - Tillman
            - Carey
            - Woodard

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...ert-woodard-ii

Edit: Added Carey
            Last edited by Quirk; Wed Nov 18, 2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
              I'm sure I'll be excited about whoever Masai picks, my board is:

- Nnaji
              - Dotson
              - Tillman
              - Carey
              - Woodard

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...ert-woodard-ii

Edit: Added Carey
              Yay Woodard made someone’s board. The big about those bigs u have is bigs are a dime a dozen now a days and if we really need one for our bench are any of those guys better better than bouchée? Dotson is very understand I like him but had to take him off because who in the league is defending you know what I mean. I personal went with Woodard cause it’s a position of need and his height length jumping is above avg

Comment

• As far as any trading up goes, Wiseman and Poko are the most intriguing.

Comment

• Some people on twitter speculating that the Raptors are going after a kid named Jordan Nwora

Nigerian from Buffalo. 22 year old wing that can shoot 3's and play a little defense:

Tankathon.com has him going 33.

Comment

Some people on twitter speculating that the Raptors are going after a kid named Jordan Nwora

Nigerian from Buffalo. 22 year old wing that can shoot 3's and play a little defense:

Other mocks have him closer to middle of the 2nd. Possible though. Weird to go for a wing if you are going to grab an overager.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The draft position on the various mock sites means relatively little this year - With reduced in-game footage available, and in-person workouts limited, will be hard to gauge potential - especially since most of the 'big' games come later in the season (which didn't happen). Couple in the fact that you've guys at home for months presumably working on their game, and it's going to be a bit of a guessing game for a number of head offices.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Other mocks have him closer to middle of the 2nd. Possible though. Weird to go for a wing if you are going to grab an overager.
                        Yeah, I'm not against drafting a older player, but in that case I would want stats with more pop. His 3pt% is good tho.

Comment

• He's got a little Duncan Robinson in his game.

Comment

• Theo Maledon, Ty-shon Alexander, or josh green or Jalen Smith if either fall

Comment

• Isaih Stewart ... Washington ... big man 6'9, 7'4" span), big motor.. brutish
                              Last edited by Bendit; Wed Nov 18, 2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Some people on twitter speculating that the Raptors are going after a kid named Jordan Nwora

I like

only thing tho he is 6’5 SF and I don’t see the foot work to be a shooting guard. Pure shooting guards you either have it or you don’t.

but I do like him

Comment

Working...
                                X