Everything Draft 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Is Boogie worth a look here as an off the bench C?
    He's only 30
    Have the injuries taken him right off the radar?

Comment

• As frustrating as it was Gasol is cheap and could get him on a one year and hes familiar with the team and good locker room guy. Boucher needs more minutes though. They should both get about 24 minutes

Comment

• Wonder whether the drama with not knowing where Toronto’s gonna be playing this year and all the potential headache with perspective cross-border issues and g-league uncertainty puts us at a stark disadvantage for UDFAs choosing us this go round. We have such an amazing track record there... I can imagine that resource, which has become so fruitful for us, is endangered this year thanks to current events.

Comment

• To me this is a hope for the best season. But we really need to evaluate what we have more - flynn, td, thomas, og, boucher even pascal. Then reset next summer through addition or subtraction

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            Wonder whether the drama with not knowing where Toronto’s gonna be playing this year and all the potential headache with perspective cross-border issues and g-league uncertainty puts us at a stark disadvantage for UDFAs choosing us this go round. We have such an amazing track record there... I can imagine that resource, which has become so fruitful for us, is endangered this year thanks to current events.
            Hopefully its a bonus seeing its a little more under control here than s of 49

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              As frustrating as it was Gasol is cheap and could get him on a one year and hes familiar with the team and good locker room guy. Boucher needs more minutes though. They should both get about 24 minutes
              Boucher is a FA as well. We'll have to see if he has a significant market to know whether the Raps can keep him, but I would not expect much out there for him.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Plan A: Westbrook. Plan B: FVV.
                Right now, Plan A: FW

Comment

• This is an excellent scouting interview for ESPN by Mike Schmitz with Flynn.25 minutes of good questions, a lot of film clips analyzed and reveals a fair bit about Flynn's thinking. Mentions his floater and 3 or 4 PG's that have similar characteristics. Well worth a look. Also spends some time at the end of the session talking about his defense.

https://ca.nba.com/news/nba-draft-20...&mi_country=CA

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Boucher is a FA as well. We'll have to see if he has a significant market to know whether the Raps can keep him, but I would not expect much out there for him.
                    Raps have given Boucher his QO as well as Brissett and DeColo

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      As frustrating as it was Gasol is cheap and could get him on a one year and hes familiar with the team and good locker room guy. Boucher needs more minutes though. They should both get about 24 minutes
                      They'll need somebody if Philly turns into a competent team and you have to take Embiid seriously as a hurdle to clear in the EC playoffs. But otherwise this is absolutely the era for Daniel Theiss/Aaron Baynes/Steven Adams (at most) type bigs. A solid, mobile role player who is not demanding offensively but competent enough to keep defences honest and has enough size for the occasional Embiid/Jokic/AD match up.

Raptors could definitely play smaller and use bigs even less than they did the last couple years when they were making sure Gasol and Ibaka both got their minutes. Also, they have 100 point guards now so little guys got to eat. How bad does Dwane Casey want to be back here to run 4 point guard lineups?
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Raps have given Boucher his QO as well as Brissett and DeColo
                        The Nando dream is still alive! He's been on our roster longer than everybody except Lowry. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Nando dream is still alive! He's been on our roster longer than everybody except Lowry. lol.
                          That'd be a great bar trivia question - if we were ever allowed back in bars

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

They'll need somebody if Philly turns into a competent team and you have to take Embiid seriously as a hurdle to clear in the EC playoffs. But otherwise this is absolutely the era for Daniel Theiss/Aaron Baynes/Steven Adams (at most) type bigs. A solid, mobile role player who is not demanding offensively but competent enough to keep defences honest and has enough size for the occasional Embiid/Jokic/AD match up.

Raptors could definitely play smaller and use bigs even less than they did the last couple years when they were making sure Gasol and Ibaka both got their minutes. Also, they have 100 point guards now so little guys got to eat. How bad does Dwane Casey want to be back here to run 4 point guard lineups?
                            I think a lot of people are expecting the Raps to go after Tristan Thompson, in free agency.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

That'd be a great bar trivia question - if we were ever allowed back in bars
                              I'll be back in the bar at my place tonight complete with pizza, wings and a few tall cans.

Comment

• lj2 wrote: View Post

i think a lot of people are expecting the raps to go after tristan thompson, in free agency.
                                too TRU

#TT2020!!

Comment

Working...
                                X