• Game 39: San Antonio Spurs 105 - Toronto Raptors 104

Projected starters:

​

@

​

​

​

*SPICY P AND STORMIN NORMAN ARE BACK AND STARTING WOOOOOO

DeMar has been absolutely on fire lately so we will have to shut him down. Aldridge has been shooting a ton of threes so need to chase him off the line too.

And sorry it's so late guys, had a death in a close friend's family.
    Last edited by Scraptor; Sun Jan 12, 2020, 05:40 PM.

Can I walk back my "Scraptor...?" ? Sorry to hear. Hope sports provides a distraction today.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Can I walk back my "Scraptor...?" ? Sorry to hear. Hope sports provides a distraction today.
      No worries bud, appreciate it. Just so busy.

I think I got some graphics working but I hate how the editor puts the whole photo in, it's so difficult to navigate.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss scrap.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Thanks berta. Let's go kick some Spurs ass.

I'm torn between wanting Pascal back and wanting him to rest up to 110% to prevent reinjury.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Thanks berta. Let's go kick some Spurs ass.

I'm torn between wanting Pascal back and wanting him to rest up to 110% to prevent reinjury.
            Definitely should rest up to 100%. The Spurs have been playing better lately, but it’s still a home game against an out of conference team below .500
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Ya im fine with Pascal and Marc taking a bit more time. Norm should be able to give us a good scoring bump (He shouldn't have any minutes restriction he should have been able to do cardio since it was a shoulder injury). Demar didn't play that well when the spurs came here last year, Im actually more worried about L.A vs Ibaka. Aldridge seems to always own Ibaka
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I was organizing my bookmarks today and found this page (had bookmarked it in case we ended up actually getting Kawhi or Buddy Hield at some point lol):

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...season/page117

Kinda eerie to read through that in Demar's return today. To think that was only ~18mths ago is crazy. Goes to show how much can change in a year and a half, and that when we try to look 18mths from now (summer 2021), we really have no clue... Who knows, all the joke posts about Giannis-summer-2021 might actually come to pass...

Comment

Pascal and Norm are starting
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                    Hot damn. Now our rotations are all screwed up. Who knows what kind of damage this will do to the end of bench guys egos?

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                      In reality, great news. Start them against a team that has been doing well, but should be there for the taking. I don't believe either one would be playing if they weren't ready. I read a quote from Pascal where he reaffirmed he wouldn't be playing until he was 100% sure he was okay.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

In reality, great news. Start them against a team that has been doing well, but should be there for the taking. I don't believe either one would be playing if they weren't ready. I read a quote from Pascal where he reaffirmed he wouldn't be playing until he was 100% sure he was okay.
                        By all accounts the three guys who have been out a while have all felt they were ready for a bit now and have been pushing McKechnie to play, but he is an immovable object.

The only guys I worry about playing through stuff are Lowry and FVV, for some reason they seem to be able to talk their way back in the lineup. This break will be good for FVV, and with guys back and an easy schedule there should be plenty of leeway for him to take his time.

I am very excited that Siakam is back. Powell back is a nice bonus too. This should be so much more fun.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Am missing the LyLe Lovett connection in the op ...?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Am missing the LyLe Lovett connection in the op ...?
                            Obviously you are

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

That's awesome. They're starting Lowry-Norm-OG-Siakam-Ibaka. That's actually the starting lineup I would like to see Nurse try out even with everyone healthy (or at least get a look at mid games). The frontcourt trio of OG-Siakam-Ibaka can make it very difficult for anyone to score when they're dialed in. You add to that the length and speed of Powell and his switch-ability into opposing forwards (plus Lowry who also doesn't mind being switched into bigs), and this is a scary defensive lineup.

Should have no problem scoring either with Siakam back, Powell slashing to the rim and bombing 3's, OG spotting up with all the attention back to Siakam and the deadly Lowry-Ibaka pick and roll. There might be some rust individually and collectively, but it should be a fun game

Comment

Working...
                              X