No announcement yet.

Game #40: Toronto Raptors 130 - OKC Thunder 121

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just gonna say it..the raps with Marc Gasol is the best team in the east, the guy is the facilitator, main cog..there offense and defensive scheme..the plays are beautiful thing 2 watch with him...if I'm the raps his a must sign, for veteran leadership and basketball culture..Sorry Serge, but someone's got 2 bite bite the bullet and we gotta keep one u guys..and I'm keeping Gasol..I realize his older, but I think u can get him for less than serge..someone is gonna overpay serge...plus u gotta keep freddy.
    As for the game, happy we won, but that was a crazy game.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      I'm just gonna say it..the raps with Marc Gasol is the best team in the east, the guy is the facilitator, main cog..there offense and defensive scheme..the plays are beautiful thing 2 watch with him...if I'm the raps his a must sign, for veteran leadership and basketball culture..Sorry Serge, but someone's got 2 bite bite the bullet and we gotta keep one u guys..and I'm keeping Gasol..I realize his older, but I think u can get him for less than serge..someone is gonna overpay serge...plus u gotta keep freddy.
      As for the game, happy we won, but that was a crazy game.
      I like all the other things that Gasol brings much more when he contributes 15/5 rather than 2/1
      Your starting 7' centre can drop 10/5 with just a bit of effort and still deliver great D and elite passing. Who knew? Others seemed to think that was impossible lol

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Ok, we have hope. Norm, highest scorer on the team tonight, 3rd highest +/-, 9 for 11 FG, 3 of 4 from deep and clutch at the end, was "ok" when compared to McCaw, according to DanH. We have hope people!
        Norm is definitely having a breakthrough performance this year. He still makes mistakes but they are not as evident as they used to be. The sample size is small. He was playing really well before his injury, but he started off the year poorly. He was awesome last night. Super efficient. As a viewer I felt far more comfortable when he was in the lineup than I was when Siakam was. Felt like Norm was way more steady and more consistent (on both ends), which is really weird to say.

If Norm continues to play this well, and remains consistent.. he's definitely worth keeping around. I have to remain skeptical though because I always looked at Norm as being consistently inconsistent. For every good game he'd have a poor game. We're going through a pretty easy stretch but if he continues to play well right into the deadline then we'd be nuts to move him. I don't think we'd get his value back in a trade basically.

Comment

• Yea Norm is now shooting over 40% from 3 on almost 5 attempts a game. He is well worth the 10 or 11 million a year. At this rate he’ll prob opt out in 2021 anyway.

Comment

• Absolutely my favourite game thread of the year. Laugh out loud favourite, post after post. Some talented writes in this group.

The McCaw hate is palpable, but justified.

Nurse, man up and admit you were wrong.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              Ok, we have hope. Norm, highest scorer on the team tonight, 3rd highest +/-, 9 for 11 FG, 3 of 4 from deep and clutch at the end, was "ok" when compared to McCaw, according to DanH. We have hope people!
              I should be clearer - Norm was way better than McCaw in this game. Generally speaking he is just OK (as compared to McCaw who is not) and on that grade alone he should obviously have been in over McCaw, though I'd prefer going big again or even playing Davis over Norm in that situation (and ideally Fred when he's back of course).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I get the feeling McCaw was just buying Norm some rest time on the bench to start the 4th q. He is still coming back from injury and played a lot in the third. And he plays pretty active minutes

Comment

Working...
                X