No announcement yet.

Game #41: Washington Wizards 111 - Toronto Raptors 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's game is the 1st game of a back to back right? they should load manage Siakam and Gasol.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

According to Warriors executive board member, Jerry West, McCaw should not have slipped that far.

"People are gonna be sorry they didn't draft him," West told KNBR 680 recently.
      https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...nt-draft-mccaw
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nothing new here is Fred is more likely for the back end of the b2b
        https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...me-vs-wizards/

Comment

It happens to other teams?

Giannis Antetokounmpo had 32 points and 17 rebounds, Khris Middleton scored 23 and the Bucks held off the Boston Celtics 128-123 despite blowing two separate 20-point leads.

"We were up 20 twice and they came back," Antetokounmpo said. "… We didn’t play the best basketball and how we usually play. I was kind of upset after the game. We talked in the locker room. We talked to one another. We were up 20 and we won but we’ve got to play for 48 minutes.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
            It happens to other teams?

Giannis Antetokounmpo had 32 points and 17 rebounds, Khris Middleton scored 23 and the Bucks held off the Boston Celtics 128-123 despite blowing two separate 20-point leads.

"We were up 20 twice and they came back," Antetokounmpo said. "… We didn’t play the best basketball and how we usually play. I was kind of upset after the game. We talked in the locker room. We talked to one another. We were up 20 and we won but we’ve got to play for 48 minutes.
            It happens all the time.

Comment

Narrator: And Jerry West was right again....

Just goes to show you how incredibly lucky the Raptors were to be able to land McCaw after the contract issues with Cleveland and GSW before other teams swooped in. Great find MixxAOR.

Comment

So this is a first of a back to back.. a bit of a weird travel schedule. Travelling to Minny after the game. And then to Hotlanta before coming back home. So even though some easier teams on the docket the games could look ugly just from a schedule perspective.

Hopefully we do a better job of containing Ish Smith. He's definitely a Raptor killer hall of fame member.

But yeah, this time we have a fuller roster.. so should hopefully be a comfortable win. Just hope we don't blow another huge lead again. After awhile it just becomes a trend, and not a good kind of trend. Last time against Washington we were up big at the half, and then let the Wizards make it a game. Very similar to what happened against OKC.

Beal will do what Beal does, but everyone else on the roster is definitely containable.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Narrator: And Jerry West was right again....

Just goes to show you how incredibly lucky the Raptors were to be able to land McCaw after the contract issues with Cleveland and GSW before other teams swooped in. Great find MixxAOR.
                  the mccaw-cavs contract dispute not happening leading to another cleveland championship last year is another one of the nba's great what-if's, and i look forward to the book of basketball 2.0 podcast covering it.

Comment

Any word on freddy? Love 2 c this team at full strength.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      Any word on freddy? Love 2 c this team at full strength.
                      I think the rumour was he was targeting Saturday to be back. Which would sure help with the back to back. But there's always a chance he plays tonight, by all accounts he is basically healthy now and it's just a question of how much excess caution McKechnie wants to employ - like coming back and playing two games back to back might be risky, so they hold him out for the 2nd game, sort of idea.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        So this is a first of a back to back.. a bit of a weird travel schedule. Travelling to Minny after the game. And then to Hotlanta before coming back home. So even though some easier teams on the docket the games could look ugly just from a schedule perspective.

Hopefully we do a better job of containing Ish Smith. He's definitely a Raptor killer hall of fame member.

But yeah, this time we have a fuller roster.. so should hopefully be a comfortable win. Just hope we don't blow another huge lead again. After awhile it just becomes a trend, and not a good kind of trend. Last time against Washington we were up big at the half, and then let the Wizards make it a game. Very similar to what happened against OKC.

Beal will do what Beal does, but everyone else on the roster is definitely containable.
                        Good news is it's an easy trend to fix, what with the obvious cause of said trend!
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This is fascinating as it probably does not reflect all the Kawhi jerseys bought last year. As respectable as we became, I never thought we'd hit this mark which I imagine is based on American general interest. I guess it could still be all the championship gear

Comment

The other LA team not even in the top 10 lol. Ya gotta love it!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

4th is crazy considering we don't have a single player in the top 10.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                4th is crazy considering we don't have a single player in the top 10.
                                #wethechamps. I don't think there's a day I go out and not see someone in Raptors gear. Sure, people here and there always wore it before, but not as many as I see now.

Comment

Working...
                                X