No announcement yet.

Game #44: Philadelphia 76ers 95 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread seems to be broken again, like game threads got last year. Won’t let you automatically advance to the most recent post nor to the end... annoying.

Comment

• Was about to say it was a disappointing debut for ZIon then that 4 minute stretch happened. WOW that was fun. Dude still runs funny tho and had some bad T.O but im sure that just getting used to not playing at real game speed for so long. When they let him get warmed he looked awesome
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        This thread seems to be broken again, like game threads got last year. Won’t let you automatically advance to the most recent post nor to the end... annoying.
        It seemed to have stopped for a long time but have noticed it happening as well the last couple weeks
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Don't want to jinx it, but Powell is looking like he's turned the corner. Changes in role and minutes used to bother him, but no more. He thought he was a lock to win the starting SG job, and then he got off to a rough start. Maybe it affected his confidence. But you could see the quiet swagger even back in the Rico Hines summer runs.
          I thought he was "okay" today (when compared to the team's worst players). You see, golden, his advanced stats are kinda meh so that's all that matters. I actually don't watch games anymore, just look at spreadsheets, it's more efficient that way. To heck with his 8 boards as a guard, his +23, his length in the perimeter, and his 18pts. Putting the ball in the basket is overrated. Take that zero point game from Lowry last year. That was fine because he did "other things". Why can't Norm be more like that? We should trade his ass

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I thought he was "okay" today (when compared to the team's worst players). You see, golden, his advanced stats are kinda meh so that's all that matters. I actually don't watch games anymore, just look at spreadsheets, it's more efficient that way. To heck with his 8 boards as a guard, his +23, his length in the perimeter, and his 18pts. Putting the ball in the basket is overrated. Take that zero point game from Lowry last year. That was fine because he did "other things". Why can't Norm be more like that? We should trade his ass
            (pink font be damned.)

Comment

• Who would of thought that Fred Vanvleet is our Luka,Lebron..kid is very clutch.
              Honestly is more and more looking like this will be Lowry last year with raptors,u cant pay 2 point guards over 50 million,not happening.
              Really Sucks..anyway..as for the game,how about that McCaw is out and our Defense picks up..so much better, different when his not there,what a difference.
              What I'm really disappointed is OG..really don't know where his head is,well I guess we gotta be patient with him..just look at Powell..he just different player,relentless. Love it. The Bench was..I'mmmm..yeah..not great,this is where masai gotta get some veterans who've been in playoffs..definitely need big wing man and C\PF big rebounded. Will c if masai does something 2 help this team out.
              Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Thu Jan 23, 2020, 04:10 AM.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• We're paying 2 centres 50 million and that's working out ok. And in the real world, they've been playing 2 different positions all year

Comment

• Another slow start, and a lot of guys were struggling. Kyle couldn't get anything down. Pascal was still struggling to shoot. OG didn't get a bucket, and did stupid things in the paint. Remember a fast break with Fred and Pascal who are usually money together and they fumbled that up. Pascal is just not in a good place. Glad he's in a funk now and not in April. Marc was the only one keeping us in the game early.

But the last 3 quarters were great.. especially defensively. Serge always seems to make a big bucket against the 76ers. The and one at the end of the quarter was just classic Serge. He hit a big 3. Norm continues to do awesome things. Early on he was doing dumb things, but he settled in and just took over. His change of speed when running to the rim is Dame like. He's now getting those dunks/layups in. Just awesome stuff.

But yeah Fred. My god. The "can't play against tall line ups" thing is no longer a thing right? He was just awesome. I don't know why he starts games like he's asleep at the wheel. But when he's focused, he's unstoppable. Kid's getting paid.

Sucks that everyone in the East that matters (except the 76ers of course) won last night. Miami went to OT again and is now 9-0 in OT games. Crazy stat. Boston pummeled another team. And Indiana keeps rolling.

Comment

• Seems like Kyle agrees with Nurse (and me )

TORONTO — Marc Gasol has been a cerebral playmaker and a force on the defensive end for the Toronto Raptors.

But it took some serious nagging from teammate Kyle Lowry for Gasol to shoot the ball. The Spanish big man obliged, and it’s paid off for the Raptors.

Where should he shoot from?

"Wherever. We want Marc to put the ball in the hole," Lowry said.

Sounds like they know Marc is capable of getting a few without destroying his D or passing....who knew?

Gasol even used the exact same wording we have used on here:
                    "By being sometimes too unselfish, you can be selfish in a weird way."

Mike drop ....

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      Was about to say it was a disappointing debut for ZIon then that 4 minute stretch happened. WOW that was fun. Dude still runs funny tho and had some bad T.O but im sure that just getting used to not playing at real game speed for so long. When they let him get warmed he looked awesome
                      Zion was on a 15 mins restriction last night. He played 3 extra mins in the 4th because he got hot so he ended up playing 18. If he played 2 more mins, what would happen to him? if Zion played the last 2 mins of the game last night, the Pels would've won the game.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Just let him play.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Fred's gonna start getting his own commercials instead of with Pascal or with Powell.....maybe a shoe insert deal
                        OG now doing Google Nest ads and actually shows some emotion and a huge smile....knew he could do it

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Exactly. I said it in pre-season. It almost comes off like a bad comedy act, where OG is trying way too hard to imitate Kawhi's slightly autistic type demeanor. It feels weird.
                          This guy is baffling to me. Strong, size, bounce, good 3P shooter and defender yet he is so meek and mild. The only reaction or response one sees is when he's called for a foul. There are games where he shows so much more yet they do not occur frequently enough. Just baffling when you have the natural gifts, raw talent and opportunity this guy has and you see a 0???

Comment

• 2014 Spursian win last night....

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

This guy is baffling to me. Strong, size, bounce, good 3P shooter and defender yet he is so meek and mild. The only reaction or response one sees is when he's called for a foul. There are games where he shows so much more yet they do not occur frequently enough. Just baffling when you have the natural gifts, raw talent and opportunity this guy has and you see a 0???
                              The 4 games before this mini-slump he had 19, 8, 21 and 18, shooting over 60% and with 3 or more steals in two of those games,

He's in a funk right now but it's been three games. You guys are way too hard on players. These dudes aren't perfect.

Comment

• OG may also be exhausted.. OG got poked in the eye early in the year and missed a game or two.. but he's been relatively healthy and had to play a lot of minutes when our other starters went down.

Comment

Working...
                                X