No announcement yet.

Game #44: Philadelphia 76ers 95 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is a well rested Marc Gasol, this guy is on fire after the injury.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      How good is a well rested Marc Gasol, this guy is on fire after the injury.
      Yeah, but Gasol was -2 yesterday. Sell high.

Comment

• This was a good game! Great job by a couple key subs with uncharacteristic performances right when we needed them. Serge was quite good defensively late in the game especially, which he usually isn't, and combined that with his usual solid production numbers. And Norm cooled off from distance (that is not surprising, he isn't going to shoot near 50% on catch and shoot threes all year) but made some very nice drives to the rim and finished well inside, which is especially hard against a team like Philly with all their switchy length, but he just blew into the paint so fast most of his looks in there ended up not very contested. Those two were the two stars.

Was so mad at Fred early in the game for driving into the trees so much. Was so happy with Fred later in the game when he kept his offence to the perimeter and ripped Philly to shreds. Even did well in PnR making the early pass and stepping into a midrange shot instead of playing into the defence's hands taking the ball too deep.

Gasol was great throughout and kept the starters in it in spite of bad games from Pascal (who is coming on, slowly, but it's coming - most of his struggles in this one were shooting) and OG (tried to do a bit too much offensively a few times, and the starters' defence was pretty ragged and some of that falls on him too), and with Fred being dumb early on, and Lowry not being able to buy a three. His offence is key in certain matchups and him changing from inside to outside and back again as a threat really messed with Philly's defensive cohesiveness, opening up a lot of chances for other guys along the way, even if we didn't capitalize on that all the time. With no Embiid to throw all his energy at it was nice to see him maintain that spring in his step offensively after all the time off, with a couple nice short range scores (besides the gimme dump-off layup) and that three point stroke (the real key for him) looking great.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The 4 games before this mini-slump he had 19, 8, 21 and 18, shooting over 60% and with 3 or more steals in two of those games,

He's in a funk right now but it's been three games. You guys are way too hard on players. These dudes aren't perfect.
          I really like the guy and think he has potential to be a more consistent contributor. You point out exactly why his more 'typical' performance is so baffling...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but Gasol was -2 yesterday. Sell high.
            I will take his 58% from the 3 pt line in January anytime of the day, I thought some of his 3 were stabilizing shots during the game.

If you meant sell high by trading him, I pass. Let the contract expire.

Comment

• Nice breakdown from NBA.com. I still can not compute that we are the second best defence in the league behind the bucks

https://ca.nba.com/news/one-possessi...uszvwp9cb24fgh

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I will take his 58% from the 3 pt line in January anytime of the day, I thought some of his 3 were stabilizing shots during the game.

If you meant sell high by trading him, I pass. Let the contract expire.
                I forgot the *pink font*

Comment

• Richardson out at least 2-3 weeks with a strained left hamstring

Comment

• Breakdown of the game, and I say, the defense was a beauty

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                      Breakdown of the game, and I say, the defense was a beauty
                      Great game defense breakdown. Thanks for that. Had to (in the sense that it was too good to pass up) subscribe to this guy's video channel on YouTube. It isn't going to take a whole lot of watching to make myself a WHOLE lot smarter on what's going on with the Raptors (and other teams) "D."

Comment

Working...
                      X