Game #45: Toronto Raptors 118 - New York Knicks 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #45: Toronto Raptors 118 - New York Knicks 112

Someone once said the greatest asset a franchise can have is good management.
    Now obviously that's not everything but there's some things you can't control.
    The LA Lakers are both a historic franchise and a desirable city. That works.
    The Clippers are from the same city but are not a historic franchise (at least prior to this year)
    The Celtics are a historic franchise but the city doesn't seem to stand out.
    The Knicks are a historic franchise and a desirable city.
    So what's missing?
    Or rather, what do they wish was missing?

I never cease to be amazed at what Masai and the team above, around and below him can do.
    Last night we had a centre who was shooting 7/7 from the floor. And he didn't see that floor again
    from halfway through the third q to the end of the game. Because we had another centre that was
    just a bit better in that match up. Who else can do that? Just a reminder, as we head down to NYC, that
    we don't need James Dolan to remind us of how awesome our team is.

Speaking of which, I asked a question in the last game thread.

Gasol 6/7 (Wiz) FVV 7/8 (Wolves) Norm 6/9 (Hawks)
    (from 3)
    We're good with taking turns. Who's going to be next?

This Guy

We have this game before an unplanned trip down to San Antonio for a revenge game.
    The trip isn't unplanned but the revenge part is. We should have been going for the sweep.
    But that sets this one up as the proverbial trap game.
    And the Knicks hung around with the Lakers for a bit last night.
    So let's see who we're facing

PG

(weren't we just here?)

SG

SF

PF

(any Montrealers in the crowd?)

C

Hard to get too up for this one after a fun one against Philly. I know the Republic is wandering around
    in a bit of a mist without being able to debate how many (if any) minutes McCaw will play tomorrow.
    But that's on us. The Raps on the other hand will be all over it.
    A professional team lead by professional management.
    They know how to get the job done.

A Friday night Knicks game? Ah, time for this classic....

Comment

A classic! No less than three Raps in that video. A World Champion, Novak and good ol' Landry Fields (but not his wife)

Comment

Dominos Pizza has half off and I have three growlers of beer in the basement on a Friday night. Game on!
        Time to see a big game from Pascal and OG needs to wake up....

Comment

RJ is hurt so I have no qualms about crushing these guys
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Keep it rolling JClaw. Professional win streak thus far.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

McCaw is down. We will need some blessing from our HOF guards
              h
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

McCaw is out, but I imagine the boards will be scrutinizing OG, despite the guy playing at the 2/3/4 for us this season, sometimes starting, sometimes coming off the bench...

I mean, I have a hard time remembering where I put my cell phone, let alone running 3 different positions for an NBA team that include the back court and front court.

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                  McCaw is out, but I imagine the boards will be scrutinizing OG, despite the guy playing at the 2/3/4 for us this season, sometimes starting, sometimes coming off the bench...

I mean, I have a hard time remembering where I put my cell phone, let alone running 3 different positions for an NBA team that include the back court and front court.
                  The team doesn't really need OG to be a real offensive player yet. So long as teams respect his three point shot and he hits them at a decent clip over larger samples, his utility on the other end is plenty.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Keep it rolling JClaw. Professional win streak thus far.
                    Understand The Grind

Comment

Just wasn’t his night against Philly. We all have them. An inch to far. Ball just sliding off your control point for a split second as you start into your move. The where did that guy come from moment. Topped off by getting bogus calls from the ref. A night where you can’t buy anything.

But the magic of sports is..you get to wind it up and play again in a day where you know it’s going to be your day. OG goes for 15 -9 -3.

Unless you’re playing for the N.Y. Knicks where it just rains shit all over you because your the Knicks and doomed to be hopeless till ownership and the front office changes.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Not really, OG plays D..McCaw can't even play D.
                        OG will wake up,I have faith in him..I just wish Coach Nurse..would just say F$%^% I'm playing him 40 minutes..c what happens.
                        McCaw gets 35 minutes and up and get's 2 points..that's what bugs me.I don't get it.
                        As for the game..I c Terrence Davis going off..
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                          RJ is hurt so I have no qualms about crushing these guys
                          Even with RJ I wouldnt have a single qualm in me to give
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Unless you’re playing for the N.Y. Knicks where it just rains shit all over you because your the Knicks and doomed to be hopeless till ownership and the front office changes.
                            The Knicks' backcourt situation is a disaster and it's their biggest issue. Ntilinka looks like a bust, Knox went from a key part of their rotation to a guy fighting for minutes, Dennis Smith Jr. has been atrocious even when he's been available. The only PG they have that is consistently serviceable is Elfrid Payton. They have no playmaking at all.

NY desperately needs a proven lead guard next season, otherwise, nothing is going to change.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Even with RJ I wouldnt have a single qualm in me to give
                              Regarding the Knicks....you're qualmless

Comment

Working...
                              X