No announcement yet.

Game #45: Toronto Raptors 118 - New York Knicks 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good night for All-Star Starter Siakam to shine. Also be nice to see OG break out of his recent funk. Aside from that, nothing else on my wish list other than a Raptor win by a respectable margin. Not looking for another ropey-dope effort until the 4Q when we then make a big push to get the Win.

Comment

I need a Pascal signature game even if it's against a bad team. Like 28-30 points on great efficiency. 2-3 or 3-4 from the 3pt line. We haven't had one of those since he got back. He needs to show us why we voted him in as a starter.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        One thing about the Knicks though is that they love to chase the big whale and will not want to jeopardize cap space in 2021.. so they may only want to guarantee 1 year to anyone who wants to come there. And if that's the case, that will hurt their chances. I think Fred will want at least 4 years.
        FVV is not a Top Tier FA so I can't see a max deal on the table, I'm sure he will gladly trade annual $'s for term. To be considered a max player there are aspects of his game that would need to improve. Some like playmaking (i.e. pnr, drive and kick etc.) are achievable and other area's like height, speed, jumping ability ain't going anywhere.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Oh really? When Fred signs that $27M/year contract, he'll say something like: "this was the best move for me and my family". They all say that. And I'll say... thanks for the 2 chips, Fred and God Bless.

Remember another Raptor guy who gushed about raising his kids in Canada? Fred was 6MOTY candidate under him.

Yeah, a few things:

- These guys are super competitive and, for the most part, have huge egos. They always think they will make a team/org better when they go to it. (I'll never understand the "Why would he leave? His current team is better?" counterpoints - these guys always think they make the success and they will make the new team better when they get there. They hardly care who was there last year.)
          - Money
          - Money
          - Money
          - Occasionally some other reason

End of the day most of these guys are pros and are professionals about this being an income earning career for them and their families. They'll move for big paycheques, like most people.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I need a Pascal signature game even if it's against a bad team. Like 28-30 points on great efficiency. 2-3 or 3-4 from the 3pt line. We haven't had one of those since he got back. He needs to show us why we voted him in as a starter.
            Yeah, seems about time! It's taken a bit but he seems to be coming back around, hopefully breaks through tonight.

That said, more guys are rolling now than early in the year when Pascal had it going. He seems content to take a step back if Norm or Serge are going off for 18+ points. They don't need to ride Siakam the same. But still - lots of room for him to be more assertive and get into more of a groove than he has been since coming back.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Tonight's drinking game: Take a drink every time that Matt mentions that Pascal is an All-Star during live game action

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                Tonight's drinking game: Take a drink every time that Matt mentions that Pascal is an All-Star during live game action
                from MIP TO MVP! HASHTAG ALL STAR STARTER. HOW SWEET IT IS LEO
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Pascal might be spending too much time doing interviews and commercials...Lately his jump shot is AWOL. In the 6 games since returning from the injury, anything other than a dunk or lay-up he's been struggling shooting at a 20% clip. Given his well deserved All-star starting status, be nice for him to put up some big numbers tonight in leading the Raptors to a convincing WIN over the rudderless Knicks!

Comment

Shit we'll all be passed out before half time.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Shit we'll all be passed out before tip off.
                      ftfy

Comment

That's why I specified live game action - if it included dead ball time, we wouldn't make the opening tip

Comment

"Starting / Starter" will be part of his All-Star description said during his live game commentary. Also, one that he will use to infer a foul has occurred and should be called - "lots of contact" lol.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Shit we'll all be passed out before half time.
                            I'll still prefer that then having to endure Leo actively complaining and upset when guys from the opposing team make a bad play, or worse when a guy gets hot on the other team and he just gushes out the praise. Like earlier in the year when Kemba went off against the Raps, and right at the time Matt is doing his best to stay positive and talk our guys up, Leo goes on and on about how Kemba is such a joy to watch. Totallly out-of-sync and cringeworthy.

Comment

We could probably create a pretty good drinking game if we combined our brains here at RR.

1 drink
                              Syracuse basketball is mentioned
                              Jack does a Hello/Bonjour
                              Devlin says from a 3 from city you don't know
                              Championship resolve
                              Devlin talks about hockey

2 Drinks
                              Matt/leo have a passive aggressive exchange
                              an old obscure ex raptor is mentioned
                              Mentions of "the shot"
                              Jack talks about where he got dinner

3 drinks
                              Jack tells a drinking story (includes any bills game)
                              Andy rauntins mention

Finish your drink
                              Jack quotes a biggie lyrics that is off by a few words

Last edited by bertarapsfan; Fri Jan 24, 2020, 07:59 PM.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                We could probably create a pretty good drinking game if we combined our brains here at RR.

1 drink
                                Syracuse basketball is mentioned
                                Jack does a Hello/Bonjour
                                Devlin says from a 3 from city you don't know
                                Championship resolve
                                Devlin talks about hockey

2 Drinks
                                Matt/leo have a passive aggressive exchange
                                an old obscure ex raptor is mentioned
                                Mentions of "the shot"
                                Jack talks about where he got dinner

3 drinks
                                Jack tells a drinking story
                                Andy rauntins mention

Finish your drink
                                Jack quotes a biggie lyrics that is off by a few words

Put in for under 1 drink
                                "TONS OF CONTACT, NOOO CALL?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X