Game #45: Toronto Raptors 118 - New York Knicks 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post

The Knicks' backcourt situation is a disaster and it's their biggest issue. Ntilinka looks like a bust, Knox went from a key part of their rotation to a guy fighting for minutes, Dennis Smith Jr. has been atrocious even when he's been available. The only PG they have that is consistently serviceable is Elfrid Payton. They have no playmaking at all.

NY desperately needs a proven lead guard next season, otherwise, nothing is going to change.
    They may give Fred a look in the summer. Detroit and NY are the two teams that Masai may have to outbid if he wants to keep him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

They may give Fred a look in the summer. Detroit and NY are the two teams that Masai may have to outbid if he wants to keep him.
      My to-do list in NY would be to get rid of Morris and Randle and Portis (all losers) and sign FVV and someone else who is a good professional player to put in the backcourt. Then, along with Barrett, you've at least got the makings of an actual team. Right now, it's just a bunch of guys padding stats or trying to stay in the league. You can't develop any players or win in that environment.

Comment

My to-do list in NY would be to get rid of Morris and Randle and Portis (all losers) and sign FVV and someone else who is a good professional player to put in the backcourt. Then, along with Barrett, you've at least got the makings of an actual team. Right now, it's just a bunch of guys padding stats or trying to stay in the league. You can't develop any players or win in that environment.
        This is the correct approach. They'll also get another good pick this year which they'll surely fuck up. Masai with 2nds, late firsts and camp invites has drafted and signed far more, and better, college kids than basically every team thats lived in the lottery (new york, charlotte, etc)...think about that.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Going after FVV would be the right thing to do... So i expect the exact opposite Max contract for Derrick Rose
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

This is the correct approach. They'll also get another good pick this year which they'll surely fuck up. Masai with 2nds, late firsts and camp invites has drafted and signed far more, and better, college kids than basically every team thats lived in the lottery (new york, charlotte, etc)...think about that.
            Masai and his team.... Webster and Tolzman and the guys working under them deserve a lot of credit. It's those guys you never hear of who are the first points of contact and they are they guys selling upper-level management on certain players, etc.

Where Masai deserves the most credit is in cleaning out the front office, including the scouting department, when he took over and then hiring the correct people to fill it back up.

Comment

Masai and his team.... Webster and Tolzman and the guys working under them deserve a lot of credit. It's those guys you never hear of who are the first points of contact and they are they guys selling upper-level management on certain players, etc.

Where Masai deserves the most credit is in cleaning out the front office, including the scouting department, when he took over and then hiring the correct people to fill it back up.
              Leadership and vision, he has a basic understanding of what a great professional basketball organization looks like and the types of people that make it work. FVV would be a smart move for NYK. Fortunately we have his Bird-rights thus can match any offer. So unless something crazy gets offered, FVV stays a Raptor.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Fred ain't taking his young family to Detriot
                Any he flourished under Nick Nurse, not Dwayne Casey ....
                Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Jan 24, 2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Fred ain't taking his young family to Detriot
                  Any he flourished under Nick Nurse, not Dwayne Casey ....
                  Oh really? When Fred signs that $27M/year contract, he'll say something like: "this was the best move for me and my family". They all say that. And I'll say... thanks for the 2 chips, Fred and God Bless.

Remember another Raptor guy who gushed about raising his kids in Canada? Fred was 6MOTY candidate under him.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Oh really? When Fred signs that $27M/year contract, he'll say something like: "this was the best move for me and my family". They all say that. And I'll say... thanks for the 2 chips, Fred and God Bless.

Remember another Raptor guy who gushed about raising his kids in Canada? Fred was 6MOTY candidate under him.

I bet he wishes he was still 2 hours north..
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Even with RJ I wouldnt have a single qualm in me to give
                      When he was playing I was cheering for a win and for him to play well. Now I want to win, and win by 50
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

When you make millions you can make sure your family lives in safe part of Detroit
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Oh really? When Fred signs that $27M/year contract with Toronto, he'll say something like: "this is the best place for me and my family". They all say that. And I'll say... I can't believe they paid him this much money when we could have just signed Patty Mills for $1,000,000 and had the exact same player!
                          Fixed it.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            When you make millions you can make sure your family lives in safe part of Detroit
                            Yeah really lol, Fred VanVleet aint sending his kids on the bus down 8 mile road

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Leadership and vision, he has a basic understanding of what a great professional basketball organization looks like and the types of people that make it work. FVV would be a smart move for NYK. Fortunately we have his Bird-rights thus can match any offer. So unless something crazy gets offered, FVV stays a Raptor.
                              Pretty sure NYK will dig deep into their crazy pool for a guy like FVV.

Comment

One thing about the Knicks though is that they love to chase the big whale and will not want to jeopardize cap space in 2021.. so they may only want to guarantee 1 year to anyone who wants to come there. And if that's the case, that will hurt their chances. I think Fred will want at least 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X