X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

The point is, if we struggle with rebounding, it's mostly not the starters, or lineups with OG, who are the biggest culprits.
    The team along with OG did a better job rebounding today even grabbing 14 O-REB vs Spurs 7. I do feel this is an aspect of OG's game that should improve with experience.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Here's the issue, how do they rank against our competition?
    The point is, if we struggle with rebounding, it's mostly not the starters, or lineups with OG, who are the biggest culprits.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I meant JClaw
    Trex by a mile

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Giannis by a mile.
    I meant JClaw

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He's been MVP this season
    Giannis by a mile.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Bucks, Celtics, Sixers, Heat, lakers, Clippers to start?
    Yeah, list of competition looks right to me...

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Bucks, Celtics, Sixers, Heat, lakers, Clippers to start?

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

I've got good news for you too! The starting lineup is the best defensive rebounding lineup we have from any lineup that has played more than 30 minutes together. And third best in terms of offensive rebounding, behind two other lineups with OG in them.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    But Kyle Lowry's one play there perfectly describes why he's a winner and guys like Kyrie and Trae are not. When Randle grabbed that rebound at the end of the game, Kyle knew exactly where he was going to put the ball, and just grabbed it from him. That's what winners do.
    Veteran Savvy

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

And grab some rebounds at both ends!
    I've got good news for you too! The starting lineup is the best defensive rebounding lineup we have from any lineup that has played more than 30 minutes together. And third best in terms of offensive rebounding, behind two other lineups with OG in them.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    For the starting lineup to be effective, they need OG to make open shots.
    I've got good news for you! OG has shot 40% on his wide open threes this year.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    And grab some rebounds at both ends!

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'd be curious what our Net Rating is with our starting 5. Something tells me it's not that great. And I'm not sure swapping a Fred for a Norm or an OG for a Norm would make any difference. It is what it is I guess.
    +9 net rating, which is pretty solid but not dominating.

With Norm in for Fred it is better, but the sample there is almost purely against creampuff teams so there's a lot of context there.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yeah if we could avoid an offensive rebound we would have blown them out. Serge had 0. OG had 2. Just not good enough guys. It's a thing that you know Nurse has been harping on them. I thought OG was doing well a few games back with his rebounding. His eye for the ball sort of disappeared lately.

And no idea how Serge got 0. Just pathetic guys.

It's the Knicks and we found a way to win. Too many runs either way though. Raps just kept giving up the lead. Was really annoying. But Kyle Lowry's one play there perfectly describes why he's a winner and guys like Kyrie and Trae are not. When Randle grabbed that rebound at the end of the game, Kyle knew exactly where he was going to put the ball, and just grabbed it from him. That's what winners do.

Love that final 3 from Siakam to ice it. That's what we need from him. He's getting better.. just his 3 ball (outside of that last shot) has been really off. Hope it's just a rhythm thing.

Norm made some big shots again. Too bad he couldn't get 20, but 16 in 25 minutes is not bad. RHJ had a team high +18. Guess he was out there during our runs and not the Knicks runs. But ultimately it was the bench that got us rolling.. erased that 13 point deficit or whatever it was early. TD was grabbing some boards in traffic. Despite Serge's lack of rebounding he was hitting his 3's (2-2).

I'd be curious what our Net Rating is with our starting 5. Something tells me it's not that great. And I'm not sure swapping a Fred for a Norm or an OG for a Norm would make any difference. It is what it is I guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X