Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oh man

    Comment


    • Wrote two pieces on the cap situation this summer (and planning for next). Really was one piece but editors be editors.

      https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/9/17/...view-decisions
      https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/9/18/...son-2020-plans

      Posting the links in here for easy reference. Will put links and excerpts in the offseason thread.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • i'd like to have their average salary

        Comment


        • Two new pieces updating the situation from the weekend. First is useful only for context for how yesterday went.

          https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/11/22...vanvleet-ibaka

          https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/11/23...actions-review
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Two new pieces updating the situation from the weekend. First is useful only for context for how yesterday went.

            https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/11/22...vanvleet-ibaka

            https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/11/23...actions-review
            Great stuff as per usual Dan. You are a treasure. So glad you frequent these the threads on RR.

            Comment


            • Great stuff, Dan. Read the FVV one when it dropped and good to see this one today. Also the conversation in the comments is additionally super valuable.

              How does the Len signing impact all of that? Are we totally done for roster spots now? Does that make Harris a presumptive two way?

              Comment


              • Len signed for the rest of the MLE for one year. Definitely points towards Harris signing a two way, because we are full up in terms of roster spots, and you can get to the ideal full Bird RFA scenario by doing one year of two way and then a two year minimum exception deal. Even if we waive or trade TD, you'd think that would be to add Brissett somehow. Maybe if TD is gone AND they waive Johnson, they could add another guy like Batum or some other vet.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  Len signed for the rest of the MLE for one year. Definitely points towards Harris signing a two way, because we are full up in terms of roster spots, and you can get to the ideal full Bird RFA scenario by doing one year of two way and then a two year minimum exception deal. Even if we waive or trade TD, you'd think that would be to add Brissett somehow. Maybe if TD is gone AND they waive Johnson, they could add another guy like Batum or some other vet.
                  Why waive Johnson tho?? Don't we wanna see what he's got this coming year? Maybe he finally figures it out

                  Also do u think they'll waive TD??? I rly hope so not down 4 abusers on my team man.

                  Let's not Mavericks it up here. Already questionable Adrian Griffin is still here imo.

                  #KAWHI2021

                  Comment


                  • NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

                    Why waive Johnson tho?? Don't we wanna see what he's got this coming year? Maybe he finally figures it out

                    Also do u think they'll waive TD??? I rly hope so not down 4 abusers on my team man.

                    Let's not Mavericks it up here. Already questionable Adrian Griffin is still here imo.

                    #KAWHI2021
                    Personally I've seen enough of Johnson. Although I'd honestly prefer they cut McCaw, but they will never do that.

                    I have no read on what they will do with TD. Although I wouldn't assume they keep him just because they let him stay past his guarantee date. They can afford to cut his minimum salary if they'd prefer to take more time with the decision (also opens up more trade leverage).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post

                      Personally I've seen enough of Johnson. Although I'd honestly prefer they cut McCaw, but they will never do that.

                      I have no read on what they will do with TD. Although I wouldn't assume they keep him just because they let him stay past his guarantee date. They can afford to cut his minimum salary if they'd prefer to take more time with the decision (also opens up more trade leverage).
                      Well fair enough. He hasn't impressed yet, that's for sure! But he did shut down #KAWHI2021 that time? idk.

                      Ya TD is hard to read. Thanks for the insight re the guarantee I was wondering about that!

                      I'm sure someone else will want him if the Raps don't! (Mavs anyone?? They seem to hav a thing for sexual assaulters #BOYCOTTPORZINGIS

                      anyway

                      Gotta keep the Raps culture clean for

                      #KAWHIIIII202111

                      Comment


                      • I find players that use the numbers 0 or 1 sus

                        Comment


                        • Quirk wrote: View Post
                          I find players that use the numbers 0 or 1 sus
                          U kno what I'm actually with this.

                          Russell westbrook tho, I did like that man, but I was also like why ru number 0 bro. And now we see he can't drive winning anymore sooooo

                          #RW2023? (idk just the nostalgia, I kno he's not what he once was - we can make him wear like idk #3!)
                          #KAWHI202111111

                          Comment


                          • So...how we looking now?

                            Comment


                            • Not much changed for this summer from the deadline. Except they can still have a solid chunk of cap space while keeping GTJ where they couldn't with Norm.

                              If they operate over the cap then nothing has changed.

                              I wrote a piece on RHQ that goes deep on all the trades and the Lowry non-trade.

                              https://www.raptorshq.com/2021/3/26/...future-options
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X