Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I don't think it is hopeless.

Far from it.

You jumped all over a post that I made shortly following rumour coming out nearly 24hrs after fact.

Anyways you seem to understand my original point now and I've clarified I'm not pessimistic on signing him.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Why so contrary? What was false in my original post you replied to? It is shitty the TPE's are gone if you use your cap space on a free agent. It really is shitty. Those TPE's can be used for sign and trades or to absorb contracts for useful players or useful assets such as picks.
    I wrote a pretty long reply but decided not to post it. I did incorrectly assume what you were referring to as shitty.

But the main thing is that in my mind you're being overly pessimistic about the potential of LMA in Toronto (not the chance he'll sign with Toronto - but the result of it) but then I realized that's your choice. So if you want to think of the situation as being hopeless then go ahead. It's your right.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    No shit.

Portland has reached the 2nd round with Aldridge just 1 year ago.
    San Antonio wins championships as it happens just 1 year ago.
    Toronto wins Atlantic Division (meaningless) banners.

So I guess it is all even? Hardly.

Why so contrary? What was false in my original post you replied to? It is shitty the TPE's are gone if you use your cap space on a free agent. It really is shitty. Those TPE's can be used for sign and trades or to absorb contracts for useful players or useful assets such as picks.
    I think that Masai could make pretty good arguments to convince other FA's to come to TO if LA was on the roster. If he attracted another good to great FA he could then make a pretty good argument to MLSE to go into luxury tax territory because of the playoff and TV revenues. He could then use his smarts, draft picks and existing roster to improve a bit more. The Raps would be headed to the ECF I would guess, at least.

I think that would be a reasonable expectation and I would take that over TPE's. If the Raps find some success over the next season, then it is reasonable to expect LA and any other FA who comes along to resign.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    You realize that the 2nd round of the playoffs would be an improvement for the Raptors, the Blazers and the Spurs next season right?

(Point is the West is a murderer's row - not that the Spurs are fodder)
    No shit.

Portland has reached the 2nd round with Aldridge just 1 year ago.
    San Antonio wins championships as it happens just 1 year ago.
    Toronto wins Atlantic Division (meaningless) banners.

So I guess it is all even? Hardly.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    somebody needs to tell LMA that MU got Ridnour and cleared a spot by trading Zubcic

Leave a comment:

Working...
X