Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Hey Dan, can we keep the rights to Lou if we acquire someone via S&T?

For example, had Wes not signed with Dallas, could we have done Ross for Wes and then used our bird rights to resign Lou?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Has to wait two months after the most recent trade to be dealt in combination with other salaries. He can be traded back to his old team as it is a new year.

That's moot though, as he'll be waived on the 10th if they can't find a taker for him by then, I'm sure.
    Thanks.

You've made me lazy with looking things up.

And for that I thank you.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Hey Dan.

Now that July 1st has rolled around, do the restrictions on Luke Ridnour change?

i.e. can he be packaged with other players or does he have still to wait the 2 months? And can he be traded back to a team who held his contract prior to July 1st?
    Has to wait two months after the most recent trade to be dealt in combination with other salaries. He can be traded back to his old team as it is a new year.

That's moot though, as he'll be waived on the 10th if they can't find a taker for him by then, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Hey Dan.

Now that July 1st has rolled around, do the restrictions on Luke Ridnour change?

i.e. can he be packaged with other players or does he have still to wait the 2 months? And can he be traded back to a team who held his contract prior to July 1st?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Depending on how Carroll's deal is structured, Raps now have between 7.9 and 8.9 M in cap room. Add 2M to those if the cap comes in at 69 as the rumours suggest it will. So potentially up to 10.9M in cap room to grab a starting 4.

A note: if Aldridge proves plausible, moves can be made to clear cap room. For example, Patterson to Orlando for a pick (probably a second rounder or something) seems feasible, as they were interested last year and have struck out so far in their bids for floor spreading bigs. Then JJ or Ross as a cap dump would clear enough room to make a max offer to Aldridge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X