Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm assuming a non-guaranteed deal so he can go to camp and play some preseason games a la Will Cherry

Comment

• Partial guarantee is the word.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Partial guarantee is the word.
        But that could very well mean 25k guaranteed so when he's waived and signed to the 905, he's making 50k per year

Comment

• Yep.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Training camp body and possible DLeague player.

Next.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              But that could very well mean 25k guaranteed so when he's waived and signed to the 905, he's making 50k per year
              we should do that with deandre Daniels... Give him like 250k guaranteed, waive him and put him on the d league roster... Create some goodwill, and while yes, we lose his rights, I think he'd be more than willing to talk with us and let us match any offer he receives
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                we should do that with deandre Daniels... Give him like 250k guaranteed, waive him and put him on the d league roster... Create some goodwill, and while yes, we lose his rights, I think he'd be more than willing to talk with us and let us match any offer he receives
                Or just leave him on the big squad. He won't play regardless and he gets 525k

Comment

Upside to this is a) we keep his RFA rights by not waiving him and b) if he gets healthy he can be assigned to the D-League anyway.

Downside is one less useable roster spot. But I agree - drop Roberts to the D-League as an affiliate player and keep Daniels as dead weight to maintain rights over him. Then even if you don't re-sign him next summer you keep his RFA rights if you don't waive him (and he would have a tiny cap hold due to non-Bird Rights).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Upside to this is a) we keep his RFA rights by not waiving him and b) if he gets healthy he can be assigned to the D-League anyway.

Downside is one less useable roster spot. But I agree - drop Roberts to the D-League as an affiliate player and keep Daniels as dead weight to maintain rights over him. Then even if you don't re-sign him next summer you keep his RFA rights if you don't waive him (and he would have a tiny cap hold due to non-Bird Rights).
                    My thoughts exactly

Comment

But he takes up a roster spot, which kills flexibility
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

But he takes up a roster spot, which kills flexibility
                        That's what the worry was about signing Stiemsma last year. Considering him, Bruno, Bebe and Fields never played, and Hayes played rarely, I think we'll be okay

Comment

That's what the worry was about signing Stiemsma last year. Considering him, Bruno, Bebe and Fields never played, and Hayes played rarely, I think we'll be okay
                          Fair enough... For a second I forgot Casey was coaching

Comment

Fair enough... For a second I forgot Casey was coaching
                            Plus once he gets healthy I'm sure he'll be able to contribute just as well as Bruno. /s

Comment

• As for trade flexibility, an extra body can always be waived if necessary.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If I remember correctly, the team provides room & board for D League players. If not, good luck finding a place to live on 25k in the GTA.

Comment

Working...
                                X