Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I stand by that. If Masai was planning to use DD as a lure for Durant, he would have done a better job building his other contracts around freeing up flexibility to do so.

My points are not exclusive. First, the only value DeMar can bring is IF he would be a key attraction for Durant. Judging by Masai's moves, he does not believe he will be and has not included DD being kept in any plan to get Durant.

I can't believe that's really that hard to follow.
    Your first statement says, "If there is a plan for KD, DD is not involved"

Your second suggests, "If there is a plan for KD, DD might be involved if KD/Masai want him here"

It's gone from an absolute to an uncertainty, so yes it has changed.

Comment

• Raptors Salary Cap Situation (and planning for the future)

Snooch wrote: View Post
      Dd goes if you want kd, cause, as has been pointed out sooooo many times, there is no reason to pay dd money to play beside kd.

It is bs to find any reasoning to find logic in having dd and kd paired up

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
      Lol - Hilarious.

"It is bs to find any reasoning to find logic in having DD and KD paired up"

I guess this is the Snooch Republic now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by special1; Sat Aug 29, 2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Lol - Hilarious.

Isn't this a forum? Aren't we free to think for ourselves?

There is also no reason to be paying 20M+ for scoring if KD is on a team. There would be cheaper better options

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          I'm not even suggesting that letting DD walk to sign KD is a bad idea.... it obviously isn't. What I have an issue with is you guys making it out to be the ONLY smart option when it clearly is not.

You're saying it because you want DD gone, I get that. Some of you probably wouldn't want DD back even if Horford and KD went on TV right now and said "FUCK Toronto I'd never sign in that dump". So really I think at the end of the day this has become another DD debate and not really a discussion on how we can bring in KD.
          No one has said it is the only option, it is the most reasonable and the one with the best future return.

Other options are possible, just bad

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            There is also no reason to be paying 20M+ for scoring if KD is on a team. There would be cheaper better options
            Cheaper better options...... Please elaborate. .

Also, shouldn't we pursue these cheaper better options regardless if KD is coming or not?

Comment

The same could be said of Lowry. CoJo next to KD might be a better option to free cap space and maximize KD
              Bingo. People are only concerned with the 2 spot again because they want DD gone. But really Lowry is no better defensively than DeRozan is and that's actually a BIGGER concern. Most SGs are just 3+D guys, however when it comes to the playoffs a lot of teams have superstar/all-star caliber PGs that can really hurt you if not defended well (Exhibit A: John Wall last year).

This would also solve the usage problem as CoJo could operate as a relatively lower usage PG and focus primarily on defense and just making smart decisions on offense. You'd have KD as the #1 guy and Jonas/DD as 2A and 2B. Bring in Ibaka the next year fits perfectly too giving you another shooter and versatile defender.

People are saying DD definitely isn't part of the long-term plan, but we just brought in a guy who's almost a half-decade younger than Lowry on a cheap, long-term deal who could potentially be a starting caliber PG. How do we know the plan isn't to offload Lowry an move on with CoJo when Lowry hits the wrong side of 30 (3 months before 2016 FA).

Comment

The same could be said of Lowry. CoJo next to KD might be a better option to free cap space and maximize KD
                I agree. In an ideal world you draft a great player with nyk pick, trade lowry and filler, say byebye to dd and get kd and another high tier fa in 2017 or maybe even 2016

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  I'm not even suggesting that letting DD walk to sign KD is a bad idea.... it obviously isn't. What I have an issue with is you guys making it out to be the ONLY smart option when it clearly is not.

You're saying it because you want DD gone, I get that. Some of you probably wouldn't want DD back even if Horford and KD went on TV right now and said "FUCK Toronto I'd never sign in that dump". So really I think at the end of the day this has become another DD debate and not really a discussion on how we can bring in KD.
                  I'm saying it because I think it is true. I do really appreciate the accusation though.

I believe IF the plan was to keep DD and get Durant then Masai has done a terrible job preparing the roster for such a plan. As such, since I do not believe Masai would do such a poor job, I do not believe that is the plan.

I do indeed want DeMar gone. But believe it or not I'm not in kindergarten and am able to have that opinion and the opinion that DeMar is unlikely to be in any plans for Durant based on entirely different reasoning.

It's getting pretty tiring being told what I think and why I think it.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Cheaper better options...... Please elaborate. .

Also, shouldn't we pursue these cheaper better options regardless if KD is coming or not?

Yes, absolutely!
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lol - Hilarious.

Im right.

Comment

• Oh my goodness. "Lowry is no better defensively than DeMar."

We've officially reached the point where reason is no longer required in this debate.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          No one has said it is the only option, it is the most reasonable and the one with the best future return.

Other options are possible, just bad

What return are you talking about?

I thought the discussion was about letting Demar walk and using the cap space.....or Trading Lowry....or trading some role players for caps space/picks.

Are you still arguing about trading Demar? Surely, you must see that it is very unlikely that we're going to trade him. Especially with the All-Star Game in 2016 in Toronto. Also, no one is going to give up much for a guy who can walk at the end of the year. Also, that team better be prepared to give him the MAX in order to convince him to stay.

Sorry, but I think DD stays. What do you think?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Oh my goodness. "Lowry is no better defensively than DeMar."

We've officially reached the point where reason is no longer required in this debate.
                            I just meant relative to the players he's being asked to guard. There are certain PGs that Lowry straight up cannot stay in front of. It's not a mirage that Ross was the one asked to guard Wall while Lowry was put on Beal.

Like at the SG position the only guys who are going to give DD a lot of trouble are Harden, Klay, Wade and Jimmy Butler. While for Lowry there are tons of star PGs who he is just straight up outmatched by athletically.

Comment

• Lowry as bad a defender as demar.....

Smh

And most sgs are 3+d but ours is nowhere near that and we should pay him 20+ million and pair him with a ball dominate number 1 option like kd...

Time to take a break for a few hours cause the dd shit has found another home.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Lowry as bad a defender as demar.....

Smh

And most sgs are 3+d
                                but ours is nowhere near that and we should pay him 20+ million and pair him with a ball dominate number 1 option like kd...

Time to take a break for a few hours cause the dd shit has found another home.

The point here was that most SGs are 3+D meaning they are less dynamic offensively and easier to defend... It's basically a matter of effort and IQ instead of being put on rollerblades by Kyrie Irving or CP3 or getting blown past by Westbrook or Wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X